Who Are You Voting For & Why?

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
It's interesting. Ask most people why they're voting for their choice and they start talking about the other guy. It's been a long time since I've seen anything close to logic and reason in this regard. Lots of hysterics and hyperbole but little in the way of substance. So let's hear it. What are the POLICY POSITIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS of your candidate / their party, that have made your determination? This will probably give some insight as to the strengths, weaknesses and mentality behind each candidate. I'll be curious to see what we have and whether there is ANYONE who can actually discuss issues intelligently. POLICY POSITIONS / SPECIFIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Gary Johnson.

Because I believe the man to be honest and his views and ideas most closely parallel my own.

Not exactly, but close...

Much closer than the other guys.

I can't help but respect that. I mean there area lot of Libertarians who are like, these weird angry whackjob types but a LOT of them are simply sick and tired of giving into the 2-party system.

I also agree with Johnson on a LOT, btw. Marijuana, cut defense spending, gay marriage, ending foreign handouts - all seem like no-brainers to me.

So what specific issues do you agree with (for those who aren't familiar with Johnson and therefore don't find it obvious)?

Nice to see such an intelligent post.

Last edited:
Romney. Because he's strongest on the economic issues. Because he's got a record of bi-partisan working. Because he's smart. Because he's got a great business background. And... because he's not Obama.

Romney. Because he's strongest on the economic issues. Because he's got a record of bi-partisan working. Because he's smart. Because he's got a great business background. And... because he's not Obama.

Okay fine. Economic issues. What are his specific domestic policy positions that have you convinced this is the case?

No,you should be asking,What are the POLICY POSITIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS of OBAMA
O

I did. I made clear regardless of for whom the vote was cast, the question stood.

But I also predicted the response of those weak on their own candidate / knowledge of the issues:

"they start talking about the other guy"

Thusfar, there has been one strong post, one guy who came up with "what he said", one person who said Romney but hasn't come back when asked about specific positions on policy and um, you. The guy who started talking about the other guy.

Not exactly a strong field thusfar.

Okay fine. Economic issues. What are his specific domestic policy positions that have you convinced this is the case?

Read post #4

You didnt ask them for any specific policy that influenced their decision. You just respected it.

This is the exact reason I didnt answer your stupid trick question.

Romney

because

he will vote to repeal obmacare

he will work to remove epa restrictions on progress and jobs..

he will sign an order for the oil pipeline

Read post #4

You didnt ask them for any specific policy that influenced their decision. You just respected it.

Ah. Well we wouldn't want you to discuss policies and such! I have edited the post to accomodate those unfamiliar with Johnson. His departure from mainsteam policy is so obvious to most people, I thought it would be obvious. And I did allude to his much publicized views on cutting the defense budget by over 40%, decriminalizing drugs etc..
However, we wouldn't want to "trick" poor grampa.

So. Now that specifics have been discussed, is there any reason you can discuss to vote for your candidate? (not holding breath here).

Gary Johnson.

Because I believe the man to be honest and his views and ideas most closely parallel my own.

Not exactly, but close...

Much closer than the other guys.

Yup.. It will be Gary Johnson.. He has better governmental experience than Obama had coming into office, Beats the crap out of Romney's Massachusetts record as governor and fits my views on freedom and governance the best..

He has the personality of a Banana slug -- but I WILL NOT reward one party because the other screwed up worse.. Time for that is over -- before the ship goes down..

Pretty nice gig there oh "independent" one.. Are you cramming for your next prognostication?

Johnson voters are just too chicken shit to say they're voting for obama,, but that's what it boils down to.

After becoming familiar with Gary Johnson's positions and views, I could no more vote for him than Ron Paul. Paul was a right leaning libertarian. Johnson is a left leaning libertarian. The most important attribute of both is legalization of drugs. If it weren't for that, neither one would get a half percent of the vote.

I am voting for whoever I decide to vote for because they are not part of the party elite. I will not pull the lever for a Presidential candidate with either an (R) or a (D) after their name. I believe the parties have thrown us under the bus. I'll not give them the satisfaction of thanking them for doing so.

Immie

Read post #4

Ah. Well we wouldn't want you to discuss policies and such! I have edited the post to accomodate those unfamiliar with Johnson. His departure from mainsteam policy is so obvious to most people, I thought it would be obvious. And I did allude to his much publicized views on cutting the defense budget by over 40%, decriminalizing drugs etc..
However, we wouldn't want to "trick" poor grampa.

So. Now that specifics have been discussed, is there any reason you can discuss to vote for your candidate? (not holding breath here).

You specifically asked others to site reasons for their vote. Specific policy reasons. They gave you none so you suplemented your own for them. Then when CG offered some specifics with her answer you questioned her while respecting them. wtf dude?

Forum List

Back