Who are you rooting for in the NBA Finals?

Who are you rooting for in the NBA Finals?

• Celtics

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Lakers

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I'm too racist to watch any African round ball

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
What's your obsession with racism, and using the notion of it to be divisive?

• Banned
Only 4 NBA fans here at USMB!

That's disappointing, but hey, at least 3 of the 4 are rooting for the green and white!

Go Celtics!

I'm going to root for the Celtics. There are too many great players on that team that I'd like to see win a ring, Ray Allen for one. But I'm glad to see the Lakers have the success they did this season. Nobody picked them or the Hornets to be anywhere close to finishing where they did. I'm also glad for Kobe picking up his first MVP (long overdue, IMO).

My two favorite teams are the Suns and whoever the Lakers are playing. Guess I have to go with Boston.

I'm going to root for the Celtics. There are too many great players on that team that I'd like to see win a ring, Ray Allen for one. But I'm glad to see the Lakers have the success they did this season. Nobody picked them or the Hornets to be anywhere close to finishing where they did. I'm also glad for Kobe picking up his first MVP (long overdue, IMO).

By what criteria do you deem Kobe worthy of MVP? Being able to work the refs over with crocodile tears on a nightly basis? Claiming he was fouled if someone on the other team is on the floor under their own basket when he misses a one on none shot? Or would it be the travelling he does each time he touches the ball?

Just wondering,:eusa_silenced:

By what criteria do you deem Kobe worthy of MVP? Being able to work the refs over with crocodile tears on a nightly basis? Claiming he was fouled if someone on the other team is on the floor under their own basket when he misses a one on none shot? Or would it be the travelling he does each time he touches the ball?

hey now....kobe carried them lakers.....no talking shit about my boys olde man.....

hey now....kobe carried them lakers.....no talking shit about my boys olde man.....

I spent about half my military career in SoCal and I followed the Lakers. Still don't know they're handling the loss of Chick Hearn.

But when they acquired Shaq and Kobe, and Phil Jackson's asterisk comment, they were a done deal with me.

I spent about half my military career in SoCal and I followed the Lakers. Still don't know they're handling the loss of Chick Hearn.

But when they acquired Shaq and Kobe, and Phil Jackson's asterisk comment, they were a done deal with me.

chick hearns was great.....loved the jabar, cooper, worthy, magic, scott, rambus era.....used to fly down there to see games.....

Still bitter about the Spurs???? Let it go, man. :badgrin:

The asterisk comment was kinda douchey, but Phil was just waging psychological warfare.

The Brokeback comment was awesome, but the apology was even better:

"If I offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize."

:rofl:

He's under the green boogers' skin now, after calling out Paul Pierce for being a drama queen. Said something about a broken shoelace, than said "maybe there was a guardian angel in the locker room, or Oral Roberts, or a leprechaun. He was back after what, 3 minutes?" :rofl:

Home team won game 1 in a very unimpressive fashion and it took poor games from Kobe, Odom and Gasol plus no bench production. Big deal.

Still bitter about the Spurs???? Let it go, man. :badgrin:

Has nothing to do with the Spurs. When the Spurs are on, they can't be beat. That's a proven fact. They didn't come to play and they got sent to the showers. No excuse required.

None of which has ANYTHING to do with my dislike of Kobe and Jackson. And you can throw that little dirty-ass 2-guard in for good measure.

The asterisk comment was kinda douchey, but Phil was just waging psychological warfare.

The Brokeback comment was awesome, but the apology was even better:

"If I offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize."

:rofl:

He's under the green boogers' skin now, after calling out Paul Pierce for being a drama queen. Said something about a broken shoelace, than said "maybe there was a guardian angel in the locker room, or Oral Roberts, or a leprechaun. He was back after what, 3 minutes?" :rofl:

Home team won game 1 in a very unimpressive fashion and it took poor games from Kobe, Odom and Gasol plus no bench production. Big deal.

Yeah, I could tell by the way the Lakers got owned he must be under the Celtics' skin.

More like he's probably been on the "batphone" to Stern nonstop for two days whining his ass off.

And being a born and bred Texan, y'all can ALL kiss my fuckin' ass. Waste your penis envy on someone else.

The only people who have a direct line to Mr. Stern's office are Mark Cuban and RC Buford.

Seriously, for all of the tapes the Spurs send in to the league office to get other players suspended for incidental contact and the protest they filed in 2004... You really shouldn't be talking about a "batphone."

Anyway, Stern isn't too keen on PJax. Most of the basketball establishment isn't because he openly used LSD in his playing days and wrote about it in his book.

And seriously... Owned? :rofl: Oh no, the home team won game won, didn't have a field goal in the last 8:44 of the game and had to rely on free throws from ticky-tack fouls to pull out the win! Yeah they sure owned the Lakers LOL

BTW When did the Finals get switched to one game instead of seven? :rofl:

Yeah, I could tell by the way the Lakers got owned he must be under the Celtics' skin.

More like he's probably been on the "batphone" to Stern nonstop for two days whining his ass off.

And being a born and bred Texan, y'all can ALL kiss my fuckin' ass. Waste your penis envy on someone else.

On the batphone with Stern? Oh noes! He's gone NBA conspiracy theorist on us.

Riddle me this Gunny...do you go to Hooters and watch the games with Rightwing Avenger for the entire season or only the playoffs?

The only people who have a direct line to Mr. Stern's office are Mark Cuban and RC Buford.

Seriously, for all of the tapes the Spurs send in to the league office to get other players suspended for incidental contact and the protest they filed in 2004... You really shouldn't be talking about a "batphone."

Right. That's why the Spurs have been screwed out of going to the Finals as many times as they've been. You're damned right I'd be calling the league office is some idiot ref threw my best player out of a game for laughing on the bench. But that was a ref, not a PLAYER.

Earl Strom couldn't even come to SA for a season or two for his screwjob. There was a lynchmob waiting on his ass if he dared show.

Otherwise, methinks you exaggerate greatly. No one can get anywhere near Stern without getting elbowed out by Jackson.

Anyway, Stern isn't too keen on PJax. Most of the basketball establishment isn't because he openly used LSD in his playing days and wrote about it in his book.

I think you exaggerate this as well. Nobody cares so long as he racks up the w's. Give the Devil his due ... he HAS been a very successful coach, unlike Popovich who has just been lucky despite his best efforts to self-destruct.

And seriously... Owned? :rofl: Oh no, the home team won game won, didn't have a field goal in the last 8:44 of the game and had to rely on free throws from ticky-tack fouls to pull out the win! Yeah they sure owned the Lakers LOL

BTW When did the Finals get switched to one game instead of seven? :rofl:

Spoken like a true Laker's fan. That's your story and you're sticking to it.

I didn't state the Celtics won the Finals. Just one game. That's kind of how it works ... one game at a time.

The celtics have put together such a great talented group of guys this year it would be a shame to see them lose. Although Kobe is an amazing athlete Im rooting for Boston. KG is the man! How can you not like the Boston Three Party?

New Topics

Forum List

Back