Who are you More Angry at, the Retailer or the Parent who Purchased it?...

Any Parent would Purchase this Bra would do something Equally as Wrong if this Option weren't there...

Sexualizing Children is an Issue that doesn't Require Commerce...

The Commerce Exists because of it.

:)

peace...

Retailer pulls padded bikini bras for girls - Consumer news- msnbc.com

^Yet another Reason in a VERY Long List why European Style "Progress" ain't the Best Path for us...

"Completely disgraceful," Conservative Party leader David Cameron said of the bikini. "The sort of country I want is one where it is not just the government (that) feels outraged about the early commercialization and sexualization of our children, but companies should stop doing it, they should take some responsibility."

^Goddamn Conservatives!...

peace...

That's a pretty sick individual who did that....no doubt the designer is a goddam pedophile!!!!

Or a business person who saw an unexploited market niche and went for it.

Fo'get about it.

It's only business.

Greed is good, remember?

The market knows best.

I still see this from the product marketing/Buyer aspect....probably because that is what I did my whole life...

I mean, I agree with Echo, that everyone does have a part in this....but there would NOT even be a discussion now, if the buyer had used her brains and not purchased these bras from the manufacturer, then none of this would even be a story....instead, the store had to remove them from their shelves, the buyer already made the purchase, it causes staff to have to remove them after they had already been unboxed and labeled and put on the floor...they have already paid the freight to ship it to their store.....it has already been added to their upc inventory system which needs removing...

A LOT of money has been wasted for the retailer in futile productivity for this item that the buyer should have never bought....she's in trouble....but she learned a lesson, I suppose....

Retailer pulls padded bikini bras for girls - Consumer news- msnbc.com

^Yet another Reason in a VERY Long List why European Style "Progress" ain't the Best Path for us...

"Completely disgraceful," Conservative Party leader David Cameron said of the bikini. "The sort of country I want is one where it is not just the government (that) feels outraged about the early commercialization and sexualization of our children, but companies should stop doing it, they should take some responsibility."

^Goddamn Conservatives!...

peace...

the Product Marketing Manager, who developed the business plan to have this manufactured and marketed.

the buck stops at its creation.

You are joking, right? Just because something is for sale, doesn't mean people have to buy it (except, apparently, health insurance)....

Parental responsibility.

And if the marketing people didn't think idiot parents would buy it, they sure as hell wouldn't waste time and money selling it.

gesus...

You don't have to buy something, even if you think it will sell in your store...there are plenty of other things you can purchase to fill your OTB (Open to Buy) with that would sell at the same rate of sale as this item and the same price.

No one is forced in to buying a product or not buying a product for their retail operation and each have their own image which creates a standard, a mission, a mission statement and direction for the retailer or manufacturer, there are choices and options....of what you want as an image and what you buy that supports that image...

In general, MOST retail operations want to market to the masses....and with this comes responsibility, if it covers an under age market and also to keep their retail image pure, with their mission.

I am just using general terms here.....

but basically, because you are not in Retail, you may not realize that there IS A RESPONSIBILITY on the buyer's part, to keep the company's mission statement of what they want to stand for on the whole as a company.....

and if this being a retailer that has a mission statement that incorporates the marketing of SEXY ITEMS FOR THE UNDER AGE and the buyer bought the product for this purpose then hey! She did a great job!

But if she/he did not buy for a retailer that had this kind of mission statement above or one that at least was known to carry items on the edge... no matter the age group, the retail buyer did the wrong thing and caused some trouble for the retailer's image....imo.

Forum List

Back