Who are these Pirates?

Where have I made excuses for terrorists?

In every post dealing with Arab terrorism.

You are a liar

Let me get you on record then.....

You are opposed to ALL Arab terrorists. You know people that target women and children to kill for political reasons?

You do not call SOME Arab Terrorists , Freedom Fighters?

Hamas, Hezbulloh, you know the Palastinian terror organizations? You are opposed to them?

Johann Hari: You are being lied to about pirates - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent

The words of one pirate from that lost age, a young British man called William Scott, should echo into this new age of piracy. Just before he was hanged in Charleston, South Carolina, he said: "What I did was to keep me from perishing. I was forced to go a-pirateing to live." In 1991, the government of Somalia collapsed. Its nine million people have been teetering on starvation ever since – and the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country's food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

Yes: nuclear waste. As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

You'll notice now that liberals will argue with you too because they are defending Obama. They forget that the US is a bully to the rest of the world and does wrong to the rest of the world whether we have a dem or republican in the white house. They just hate us a little more when the GOP are in charge. For example, I went to Greece in 98 and they had anti Clinton flags flying in a protest I saw. I remember saying, "they think they hate us now? They better hope Bush doesn't win". Man was I right.

I'm not blaming Obama, but I can see how the US might be agitating the people over there. It wouldn't be the first time we've pissed people off in other parts of the world.

I didn't hear about nuclear dumping, but I did hear about how big US fishing vessles may have taken all the fish out of this area and these pirates are forced into piracy?

Why can't we keep an open mind everyone and examine if this might be the truth? Afraid of what you might find? If we find out we are wronging the people by polluting there or stealing their fish, don't you want to know? I do.

When did piracy become a new hot issue? Did it all start after 2000? Because I have read articles on how Bush spreading us so thin by starting 2 wars at once is partially why piracy is happening a lot more lately. We have all our ships averted to the Gulf so pirates know they can get away with whatever they want.

Sounds pretty easy to get away with and highly lucrative. LOL.

Anyways, we need to examine when pirates started gaining popularity, because it has been going on for 100's of years, if not thousands. But not until recently did it become a major issue. Why is it happening so much lately? Why is it happening more now than it did in the 90's, or 80's?

We can't ignore the conversation. Or, we could just do what Republicans want and "nuke em". Right? Wrong!!!

Bill Press was saying that they are hijacking multi million dollar ships and thats not comparable to their fishing incomes.

So what? Who cares? If you ruin my livelyhood and I'm forced into crime, I'm going to probably try to rob a big bank. Just because I only make $100K now doesn't mean I'm only going to take $100K from a bank robbery. I'm going to go for millions.

I guess liberals have to act tough too because if they don't, the conservatives try to make them look weak.

Last edited:
its amazing how truthmatters always sees the US as the wrongdoer and the other party the victim....i'm good lord, even with pirates they are victims and it is we who are wrong.

amazing

I keep telling you these things are not amazing; they are predictable. Librals are the "blame America first" crowd. What she fails to understand is that this desperate poverty Somalia finds herself in is not because of other countries but because of the despots who run lawlessly about in anarchy. Remember Mogadishu? Well, the UN was there on a mission to feed the starving people of Somalia. But guess what? the despots were stealing the food. If you don't know the rest of the story read or watch "Black Hawk Down."

its amazing how truthmatters always sees the US as the wrongdoer and the other party the victim....i'm good lord, even with pirates they are victims and it is we who are wrong.

amazing

cant you read?

The US has not been dumping on Somalia.

TM sounds like on of those that defended Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold by saying, "Well, those kids shouldn't have picked on them for so long."

You're fucking sick.

amazing

cant you read?

The US has not been dumping on Somalia.

so it is europe's fault there are pirates because they dumped waste on their shores....

Last edited:
You people just cant stop twisting can you?

These are facts that exsist.

Why do you prefer not to know these facts?

Doesn't matter. There's pollution everywhere. But the whole world hasn't turned into murdering, stealing pirates, has it? Stop defending terrorists, traitor.

TM sounds like on of those that defended Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold by saying, "Well, those kids shouldn't have picked on them for so long."

You're fucking sick.

No. We need to have these discussions. Remember back in the 60's when wives were beat by their husbands and no one ever spoke out?

Because it came out of the closet, that helped to lower the number of abused women.

If we talk about why piracy is on the rise, we might lower the incidences.

But I think this is like the Global warming debate. It isn't that the US is innocent. You just don't want to discuss our guilt because that could possibly lead to changing your behavior and/or paying for the solution.

That means paying for US Navy ships to patrol those borders.

Doesn't matter. There's pollution everywhere. But the whole world hasn't turned into murdering, stealing pirates, has it? Stop defending terrorists, traitor.

Your attitude is why the rest of the world hates us.

I told you everyone, it is the right wing of this country that the rest of the world hates.

Instead of Yankees and Confederates, today the USA is made up of Red and Blues.

I say you reds need to go off and fight the rest of the world and leave us blue's out of it.

You can have your own budget, pick your own leaders, etc.

You'll come crawling back in a year.

And you'll be bankrupt!

I told you everyone, it is the right wing of this country that the rest of the world hates.

Instead of Yankees and Confederates, today the USA is made up of Red and Blues.

I say you reds need to go off and fight the rest of the world and leave us blue's out of it.

You can have your own budget, pick your own leaders, etc.

You'll come crawling back in a year.

And you'll be bankrupt!

reality called and said to say hey to you, sealy.

hey
:cuckoo:

When you starve a people and distroy their ability to feed themselves along wiht poisening them some of them will get pretty damned mad.

I dont condone their actions but I also dont condone dumping nuke waste into ANY Ocean.

You people never truely read what someone posts do you?

When you starve a people and distroy their ability to feed themselves along wiht poisening them some of them will get pretty damned mad.

I dont condone their actions but I also dont condone dumping nuke waste into ANY Ocean.

They aren't ready for a real honest conversation. Perhaps it is too soon. :lol:

Why so? I'm not defending pollution, I'm just stating that the cause/effect relationship presented does not hold true. You and TM are defending the actions of murderers and thieves by blaming it on someone else. As per usual, you are letting people off and not forcing them to take responsibility for their OWN actions. Every country in the world has faced some sort of adversity, and they overcome that adversity to lead to prosperity. Instead, Somalia has turned to pirating as a means for survival. You want to sit around and argue about progression, but you want to defend ancient ideology and acts of terrorism? Give me a fucking break.

You are saying two different things, TM. But that's typical. Double speak is your M.O. You learned from the best, after all - Obama.

No I am not you are just so fucking partisan you cant listen to what is being said.

Posting facts that surround the problem is nothing but trying to understand the situation to its fullest.

You asswinks always think its wrong to understand the facts.

Its why you ALWAYS get it wrong.

:lol:

Me? Partisan? You? Calling someone partisan? Seriously? The irony and hilarity of that statement is beautiful. The best part is there is no partisanship here. This has nothing to do with parties.

Fuck, you're stupid.

No you asshole you want to ingore the facts and claim I have said something I didnt because you hate the fact that I'm a democrat.

Its your own stupidity that has you insulting people in this thread for presenting the facts .

Posting facts that surround the problem is nothing but trying to understand the situation to its fullest.

You asswinks always think its wrong to understand the facts.

Its why you ALWAYS get it wrong.

lots of people have problems... they don't go around blowing up, kidnapping or hijacking other people.

and, frankly, i'm really not interested in the *why's* these poor widdle criminals are criminals.

deal with rehabilitaiton AFTER they're tried, convicted and sentenced...

or wind up dead because they've taken hostages...

makes me no nevermind.

Forum List

Back