Who are the "Yes Men"?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
In a dramatic shift, the Chamber of Commerce announced Monday that it is throwing its support behind climate change legislation making its way through the U.S. Senate.

Only it didn’t.

An email press release announcing the change is a hoax, say Chamber officials.

Several media organizations fell for it.

A CNBC anchor interrupted herself mid-sentence Monday morning to announce that the network had “breaking news,” then cut away to reporter Hampton Pearson, who read from the fake press release. Pearson quickly followed up with a second report saying the “so-called bulletin” was an “absolute hoax.” Smelling a rat, CNBC’s Larry Kudlow demanded to know whether the White House had been involved.

In a story posted Monday morning, Reuters declared: “The Chamber of Commerce said on Monday it will no longer opposes climate change legislation, but wants the bill to include a carbon tax.” Reuters updated the story to acknowledge the hoax, but it was too late: The Washington Post and the New York Times had already posted the fake story on their Web sites.

The Yes Men, a left-leaning activist group that often impersonates officials from organizations they oppose, took responsibility for the hoax.

CNBC, Reuters fall for climate hoax - Lisa Lerer and Michael Calderone - POLITICO.com

Hmmmmm. Do you think the MSM will investigate this group? Or should we assign Beck to the job?

Yes men are obviously a left wing plot to overthrow the country...
I agree, we need Glenn Beck to get right on this

In a dramatic shift, the Chamber of Commerce announced Monday that it is throwing its support behind climate change legislation making its way through the U.S. Senate.

Only it didn’t.

A CNBC anchor interrupted herself mid-sentence Monday morning to announce that the network had “breaking news,” then cut away to reporter Hampton Pearson, who read from the fake press release. Pearson quickly followed up with a second report saying the “so-called bulletin” was an “absolute hoax.” Smelling a rat, CNBC’s Larry Kudlow demanded to know whether the White House had been involved.

In a story posted Monday morning, Reuters declared: “The Chamber of Commerce said on Monday it will no longer opposes climate change legislation, but wants the bill to include a carbon tax.” Reuters updated the story to acknowledge the hoax, but it was too late: The Washington Post and the New York Times had already posted the fake story on their Web sites.

The Yes Men, a left-leaning activist group that often impersonates officials from organizations they oppose, took responsibility for the hoax.

CNBC, Reuters fall for climate hoax - Lisa Lerer and Michael Calderone - POLITICO.com

Hmmmmm. Do you think the MSM will investigate this group? Or should we assign Beck to the job?

Unfortunately Beck will be the only one who probably will look into and report on it and we all know how people have demonized beck in an attempt to isolate and freeze him.

He so crazy and all you know :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Only it didn’t.

Unfortunately Beck will be the only one who probably will look into and report on it and we all know how people have demonized beck in an attempt to isolate and freeze him.

The Yes Men are a political performance art group. What exactly should they be investigated for? Everything they've done has been a.) legal, at least technically, and b.) well documented in a number of publications and movies.

Try these out, first.

The Yes Men (2003)
The Yes Men Fix the World (2009)

Its legal? Why would a performance arts group participate in these types of activities? I am more than willing to accept the fact that these are a few cuckoos acting alone, but I think a look at their "benefactors" might be an interesting read. You'd think the outlets that got duped might want to take a look see right? Ha ha Chanel just made a funny.

Its legal? Why would a performance arts group participate in these types of activities? I am more than willing to accept the fact that these are a few cuckoos acting alone, but I think a look at their "benefactors" might be an interesting read. You'd think the outlets that got duped might want to take a look see right? Ha ha Chanel just made a funny.

Because they are a political performance art group. And yes, of course it's legal.

And I don't think you'll find much of anything in terms of "backing" - but it's still not illegal.

The Yes Men are a political performance art group. What exactly should they be investigated for? Everything they've done has been a.) legal, at least technically, and b.) well documented in a number of publications and movies.

Try these out, first.

The Yes Men (2003)

Ah but the NEA is getting taxpayer money from the obama admin to conduct these things. And The Yes Men get taxpayer dollars from the NEA so they should be investigated for putting forth false political propoganda on the taxpayer dime.

Thanks for the link, as soon as i looked into their funding BAM i found the nefariousness (if thats a word)

Try these out, first.

The Yes Men (2003)

Ah but the NEA is getting taxpayer money from the obama admin to conduct these things. And The Yes Men get taxpayer dollars from the NEA so they should be investigated for putting forth false political propoganda on the taxpayer dime.

Thanks for the link, as soon as i looked into their funding BAM i found the nefariousness (if thats a word)

I don't think you understand how the NEA works. There's no law on the books that says the art it funds needs to be apolitical. And, since you've done such a careful check, I'm sure you also saw that the NEA gave them funding not under Obama, but under Bush.

Try these out, first.

The Yes Men (2003)

I don't think you understand how the NEA works. There's no law on the books that says the art it funds needs to be apolitical. And, since you've done such a careful check, I'm sure you also saw that the NEA gave them funding not under Obama, but under Bush.

Under both of them. How does the fact that Bush did it too make it any better?

They should lose their tax exempt status for promoting political speech through art, just like we would do to churches that do the same.

There are law stating that tax exempt organizations can not promote political speech.

Try to catch me again :eusa_whistle:

You're the one who brought up Obama. How come you left off mentioning Bush?

They should lose their tax exempt status for promoting political speech through art, just like we would do to churches that do the same.

There are law stating that tax exempt organizations can not promote political speech.
Now that's completely a lie. You don't think that the NRA takes part in political speech? What about the ACLU? or SPLC? or any number of millions of 501(c)3s?

Why don't you give some links that show NEA money going to The Yes Men, actually. I noticed you neglected to do that before, and I can't really find anything on it.

Last edited:
lol....

liberal reporters are such sheep...no wonder so many lib papers and news organization are losing money, no one really wants to buy their bs....

the libs all defended acorn, until someone had to go undercover

almost, the same story here....no wonder obama is so scared of fox news, no wonder the left is so obsessed with smearing fox news or conservative pundits....

lol....

liberal reporters are such sheep...no wonder so many lib papers and news organization are losing money, no one really wants to buy their bs....

almost, the same story here....no wonder obama is so scared of fox news, no wonder the left is so obsessed with smearing fox news or conservative pundits....
:rolleyes:

FAUX fell for it as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chAJeuBmmog&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Fox Business Network On Chamber Climate Hoax[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I looked at their web site and can't really figure out where they get their dough. I'm sure CNBC and Reuters have better fact checkers, but of course that's not gonna happen. Looks like Fox will have to.

They did do a movie about them. Anyone see it?

I looked at their web site and can't really figure out where they get their dough. I'm sure CNBC and Reuters have better fact checkers, but of course that's not gonna happen. Looks like Fox will have to.

They did do a movie about them. Anyone see it?
:lol: I guess you missed the post that showed that FOX fell for it? Maybe Beck could investigate FAUX.

:rofl:

The NEA is a federal agency. If they were an NPO, I would agree with you though.

lol....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chAJeuBmmog&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Fox Business Network On Chamber Climate Hoax[/ame]

lol.....ravi admits fox does report the news just like her beloved liberal MSM....

:clap2:

lol....

lol.....ravi admits fox does report the news just like her beloved liberal MSM....

:clap2:

ravi........:lol:

lol....

Hmm... Looks like Reuters was passing the bad info, but I will give Fox credit for correcting themselves in less than a minute into programming. This was not Fox News Channel's clip either. It came from Fox Business Channel.

( Side note... Great avatar Ravi.. :lol: )

Forum List

Back