Who Are the Real Religious Bigots?

In modern history has there ever been a Christian suicide bomber?

David Koresh.

David Koresh was burned alive by the FBI dummy...

He didn't blow anyone up.

Obviously you don't know a fucking thing about Waco Texas...

The Military only drove tanks directly into his home.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAzbWtTJHg]Waco Slaughter 1993 (caution: some disturbing images) - YouTube[/ame]

Your government only murdered 100+

The Christian Terrorist and Pedophile David Koresh is a blight.

That anyone defends this disgusting and vile individual is reprehensible.

He belongs right next to Osama Bin Laden..except from what I understand, Osama Bin Laden didn't rape children like Koresh.

The real religious bigots are those that have substituted worship of the state for anything to do with a church, synagogue or mosque. Goldberg labeled them 'Liberal Fascists', accurately, I'd say. They're not interested in convincing anyone their collective god is best, they work through the force of laws, which they justify through an obscene distortion of the Constitution's commerce and general welfare clause. In other words, worship as they do or go to jail.

Oh what lunacy.

Religion has it's place. And it's place is in houses of worship which are fully protected by the Constitution.

It's place is NOT in government.

We are NOT a theocracy.

We are NOT Iran, Uganda or Saudi Arabia.

It's place is IN people's lives.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

By that statement, how do you justify prohibiting a Jew, Christian, Muslim, or anyone from saying a prayer at a high school football game? You are a simple-minded moron.

David Koresh.

David Koresh was burned alive by the FBI dummy...

He didn't blow anyone up.

Obviously you don't know a fucking thing about Waco Texas...

The Military only drove tanks directly into his home.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAzbWtTJHg]Waco Slaughter 1993 (caution: some disturbing images) - YouTube[/ame]

Your government only murdered 100+

The Christian Terrorist and Pedophile David Koresh is a blight.

That anyone defends this disgusting and vile individual is reprehensible.

He belongs right next to Osama Bin Laden..except from what I understand, Osama Bin Laden didn't rape children like Koresh.

There was never any evidence he was a pedophile...

Besides, they didn't raid his compound because he was a pedophile - they raided it because he had "guns."

God forbid the Second Amendment right...

So what does our government do? oh they decide to ram his home with tanks, and when that doesn't work set it on fire.

Murdering many men woman and children in the process of course.

How would you like it if I rammed your house with a tank??

Oh then set your house on fire?

To be so mindless misinformed means you have a hatred towards Christianity.

No hatred - just a strong dislike of false Christians. I respect real Christians who quietly practice their faith.

So you respect Christian so long as they keep their mouths shut. Again, way to show your character. I respect Jews too, so long as they keep their mouths shut. See how that is offensive?

You really are a bigot.

A college in Indiana just banned the National Anthem for being too violent. Mennonite I beleive.

You can't make this shit up.

So you have the left wing nutbars out for your skin or you have right wing nutbars out for your skin.

Can you believe banning the National Anthem? In the name of peace?

I wonder what part of Revelations are these morons going to ban?

Who says the Mennonites are "right-wing"? Have you bothered to find out anything about the positions and concerns of this college, or Mennonites in general, or are you just assuming that if it's religious, it MUST be right-wing?

Yeah, I can believe that a religion that tends to embrace a pacifistic worldview in general might find our National Anthem too violent for them. You think the Amish play it a lot, do you?

I couldn't tell you precisely what the Mennonites teach about Revelation. I'd say it's likely that they recognize that the world and humans are violent in general, but they don't find that a reason for THEM to embrace it.

By David Limbaugh
08/30/11T
Townhall.com

Excerpt:

I doubt that Keller is much interested in the answers to the questions he demands be raised of Perry and Bachmann. He thinks he already knows the answers but wants to incite fear in us about them. He seems more interested in smearing certain candidates with the slanderous innuendo of his questions, such as the preposterous ones designed to suggest that certain candidates are theocrats who believe Southern slavery was a good thing.

The reality is that throughout our history, the halls of American government have teemed with Bible-believing Christians, and they've never pushed for theocracy. Ironically, it is leftists who are far likelier to use the power of government to selectively suppress political and religious liberties. They are the ones behind the Fairness Doctrine, network neutrality rules, campus speech codes and preventing certain ideas from being presented, alongside all others, in public classrooms.

Once again, our leftist friends are projecting. They are the ones showing their religious bigotry and proselytizing us to adopt their secularist worldview.​

LINK

Left-Wing Witch Hunt

I'm fairly certain no one is calling for the faithful to adopt a secularist worldview. I am however absolutely sure that fundamentalist Christians are working hard to convince others to adopt their worldview. Every few months some very nice and polite people ring our door bell and when we open the door are greated with a smile from someone holding a bible. I am always polite and explain I have my own beliefs and wish them a good day.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The reality is that throughout our history, the halls of American government have teemed with Bible-believing Christians, and they've never pushed for theocracy.
Sure they have. Laws about abortion, gay marriage, etc, are all laws of theocracies.

This just goes to show that, like so many things, you wouldn't know a theocracy if one crawled up your pants leg.

You are Canadian, it all makes sense now!

So, if someone got up and said they were guided by Christian principles they couldn't be expected to get elected to national office?

Not if they put it front and center and wore it on their sleeve, no.

The Prime Ministers have always gone to church on Sundays but Canadians don't want religion and governance to mix. For example, apart from maybe a few places in rural Alberta, you couldn't get elected on a platform of teaching creationism in the schools. There's no debate about it. The overt evangelicalism of Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann would make them unelectable in Canada, as they would in most Anglo-Saxon countries.

As for your last "Yes, I do." Too bad, I've got a cold and a headache and I'm not playing those games tonight.

Immie
I hope you feel better. It isn't a game, I'm simply curious to see what you come up with to back up your assertion.

I have a wicked cold myself. Had it for a week at least and it won't go away.

IRL, I need a hug.

No, you want me to go search for hours for quotes from people you know very well are exactly the kind of people I was speaking about. I'm really not in the mood to do that. I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm sure there are plenty from both sides that will look at that list and agree with me on at least two of the four. ;)

/sending you a hug with this post. Hope it helps.

Immie

Thanks.

I checked two of the names you listed.

Pat Robertson, as far as I can tell, advocates for the rights of Christians and in fact thinks the USA should be ruled by the bible. I find no evidence of him preaching tolerance.

Patricia Ireland, as far as I can tell, advocates for the rights of women. I find no evidence of her preaching tolerance.

I hope you feel better. It isn't a game, I'm simply curious to see what you come up with to back up your assertion.

IRL, I need a hug.

No, you want me to go search for hours for quotes from people you know very well are exactly the kind of people I was speaking about. I'm really not in the mood to do that. I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm sure there are plenty from both sides that will look at that list and agree with me on at least two of the four. ;)

Immie

Thanks.

Pat Robertson, as far as I can tell, advocates for the rights of Christians and in fact thinks the USA should be ruled by the bible. I find no evidence of him preaching tolerance.

Patricia Ireland, as far as I can tell, advocates for the rights of women. I find no evidence of her preaching tolerance.
this countries moral conscience used to stem from biblical teachings .....now it's gimme,gimme,and it's your fault,no it's your fault !!! and so on and so on !!!

IRL, I need a hug.

Immie

Thanks.

Patricia Ireland used to be the head of NOW. NOW demands tolerance of women through what they call "equal rights". Patricia Ireland was all about demanding that everyone tolerate women, but she was extremely intolerant of the other gender and quite frankly her own gender if they didn't bow to her demands for the right to kill unborn children. Now, there is a woman that was truly Pro-abortion.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Thanks.

Patricia Ireland used to be the head of NOW. NOW demands tolerance of women through what they call "equal rights". Patricia Ireland was all about demanding that everyone tolerate women, but she was extremely intolerant of the other gender and quite frankly her own gender if they didn't bow to her demands for the right to kill unborn children. Now, there is a woman that was truly Pro-abortion.

Immie

:confused:

In your opinion equal rights is the same thing as tolerance?

I don't care if you tolerate me or not. I do care if I am not treated as an equal by the government.

There is a huge difference.

Thanks.

Immie

I don't care if you tolerate me or not. I do care if I am not treated as an equal by the government.

Demanding that someone accept you as you are is a demand for tolerance.

You are in fact demanding that others tolerate you. That is exactly what the women's movement was about. It is exactly what the gay rights movement is about.

Forced tolerance. That is the name of the game, my friend.

Immie

Immie

You are in fact demanding that others tolerate you. That is exactly what the women's movement was about. It is exactly what the gay rights movement is about.

Immie
:lol: That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen you write.

Immie

Immie

You don't get it. Marriage equality is not an issue of tolerance. It's an issue of civil rights.
We want equal treatment under the law, which includes the right to marry in city hall or the local courthouse, and the right to serve openly in the military, as heterosexuals do.

Tolerance would be about marrying in churches or not. Tolerance would be about straight and gay soldiers getting along with each other or not.

The women's movement was about reproductive rights and equal pay for equal work, the right to vote, etc. That has nothing to do with tolerance.

No one will force you to approve of gay marriage, or make it so your church must marry gay couples, Immie. It's about allowing gay couples who are family to each other to have the same federal and state rights that you and your wife enjoy.

The right wing spins that you will lose something as a Christian if gays are allowed to civilly marry and serve openly in the military. You don't lose anything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back