Who Are the Real Religious Bigots?

The reality is that throughout our history, the halls of American government have teemed with Bible-believing Christians, and they've never pushed for theocracy.
Sure they have. Laws about abortion, gay marriage, etc, are all laws of theocracies.

Here come some of the specifics.

So abortion on demand relative to the life of the unborn is a legitimate right? Note the imposition on another life and the fact that lefty insists on governmentally funded abortions, forcing some to pay for the abortions of others. It's your filthy murder, keep it to yourself.

Gay marriage? Note: lefty isn't arguing that government should get out of the marriage business altogether. No. He's arguing that the power of the government should be expanded further in terms of familial relations, albeit, on the basis of a sexual orientation not recommended by nature; that is to say, a whole new regime of governmentally enforced civil rights protections should be advanced against the fundamental rights of private property, ideological liberty and free association. Of course, queers are free to marry; no one is stopping them. Lefty just wants to make it official as a means of shoving his morality on others, a little social engineering. Hence, he equates governmental silence on the matter as theocracy?! Huh?
:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just realized that you're a troll.

Carry on.

What religious beliefs does the left push?

Many push tolerance, the problem is that like many Christians, they don't practice their faith.

Immie

Equality and tolerance are two different things.

You don't need to be tolerant of anyone. But you must treat everyone as equals in the eyes of the law. At least in America.

But, I didn't say anything at all about equality. The question was about what religious beliefs do the left push and many on the left preach tolerance yet have not a tolerant bone in their bodies.

Immie

Many push tolerance, the problem is that like many Christians, they don't practice their faith.

Immie

You don't need to be tolerant of anyone. But you must treat everyone as equals in the eyes of the law. At least in America.

But, I didn't say anything at all about equality. The question was about what religious beliefs do the left push and many on the left preach tolerance yet have not a tolerant bone in their bodies.

Immie
Can you give some concrete examples? I've never met anyone on the left that pushed tolerance.

Bush's "faith based initiatives" are an example of what happens when dominionist "regents" are elected.

In 2004, the U.S. House of Representatives voted for provisions in a social services bill that allow religiously based job discrimination in publicly funded programs run by churches.

LOL! More specifics. So religious organizations are to be excluded or accept lefty's ideology in order to qualify. The end result: lefty proposes programs and then dictates the ideology that informs or drives those programs.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just realized that you're a troll.

Rather extreme view Rawlings.

LOL!

So the classical liberal exposes the underlying nature of lefty's collectivist, political agenda.

Lefty can't deny the actual nuts-and-bolts of the matter when spelled out.

So now the name-calling, argument by marginalization, as if hardcore leftists were not the minority in this country.

It's not the leftist, collectivist, the statist, the fascist or the Marxist who is extreme, it's the guy on the thread arguing the socio-political philosophy of this nation's founding, the guy defending individual liberty, demonstrating just how far removed from reality lefty has become, just how far out of touch he is with his political heritage.

Last edited:

Immie
Can you give some concrete examples? I've never met anyone on the left that pushed tolerance.

Sky Dancer is a prime example of such a person who demands tolerance yet refuses to be tolerant towards other people.

TDM is another one of those, however, she can't spell tolerate so she just wants to know why no one likes her while calling the rest of us racists or what ever her word of the week is.

There are two examples of people we all know and love that expect to be tolerated, but are not tolerant of others.

Immie

Immie

Sky Dancer is a prime example of such a person who demands tolerance yet refuses to be tolerant towards other people.

TDM is another one of those, however, she can't spell tolerate so she just wants to know why no one likes her while calling the rest of us racists or what ever her word of the week is.

There are two examples of people we all know and love that expect to be tolerated, but are not tolerant of others.

Immie
I think with Sky it is because of her Buddhist background. I don't read enough of TM to make a guess there.

But I was talking about real life examples.

Immie
I think with Sky it is because of her Buddhist background. I don't read enough of TM to make a guess there.

Sky and TDM are not real people? Damn!!! I knew TDM was a frigging troll! It only took me almost ten years to figure that out. :lol:

There are many examples out there, truthfully on both sides of the political spectrum. I would point to homosexual activists, people in the women's movement such as Patricia Ireland and the lady from Emily's List or Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell.

I'm not going digging through archives to find specific quotes because for the most part they don't use the word tolerance they simply demand that you cave in to their demands while they spit in your face.

Immie

Immie

Sky and TDM are not real people? Damn!!! I knew TDM was a frigging troll! It only took me almost ten years to figure that out. :lol:

There are many examples out there, truthfully on both sides of the political spectrum. I would point to homosexual activists, people in the women's movement such as Patricia Ireland and the lady from Emily's List or Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell.

I'm not going digging through archives to find specific quotes because for the most part they don't use the word tolerance they simply demand that you cave in to their demands while they spit in your face.

Immie
sigh...just say you can't back up your claim, it would be a lot more honest.

I have no more idea than you if people that post here are being real or being trolls. That's why I asked for concrete examples.

Immie

I have no more idea than you if people that post here are being real or being trolls. That's why I asked for concrete examples.

I did back it up and I did give you concrete examples from both sides of the spectrum.

I was joking about the trolls. For crying out loud, can't you ever let your hair down? :(

Immie

Last edited:
A college in Indiana just banned the National Anthem for being too violent.

You can't make this shit up.

You know...that has been debated for as long as I remember. It is NOT a new thing. That along with the fact that the melody is damn hard to sing.

So what is so violent about it? The Bombs bursting IN AIR? the Rockets red glare?

Fucking Bullshit, this is not about the song being Violent. it's about a bunch of left wing, academic assholes. Who get ashamed at the very Idea of people being proud to be Americans. Nothing but a bunch of blame America assholes.

Immie

I did back it up and I did give you concrete examples from both sides of the spectrum.

I was joking about the trolls. For crying out loud, can't you ever let your hair down? :(

Immie

I cut it short today. :lol:

You tossed out a few names but you didn't give examples to back yourself up.

Immie

Did you really? I hope you like the way it came out. Edit: maybe you should take the hats off and let us all see how it came out? ;)

If you really need examples as to either of the four names I gave you, then, I really feel sorry for you. Okay three names and... what the hell was that bat, from Emily's List name?

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Did you really? I hope you like the way it came out.

If you really need examples as to either of the four names I gave you, then, I really feel sorry for you.

Immie
Yes, I did, and yes, I do, and yes, I do.

Did you really? I hope you like the way it came out.

If you really need examples as to either of the four names I gave you, then, I really feel sorry for you.

Immie
Yes, I did, and yes, I do, and yes, I do.

As for your last "Yes, I do." Too bad, I've got a cold and a headache and I'm not playing those games tonight.

Immie

Yeah, as long as I've been alive there's been a real call for changing the anthem over to God Bless America. The Star Spangled Banner has always had problems with the complexity of the lyrics and music. Plus it references a pretty obscure event in US history that most folks don't even understand.

......and some idiots grab their crotch when they sing it.

Or just kinda try to make up the words as they go along. It's probably the most mauled piece of music in American history.

I'd much rather have God Bless America or the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Meanwhile progressives pretend to be intellectuals and they cant figure out the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner?

I bet Canadians would go batshit if anyone banned "Oh Canada."

That speaks volumes for how fucked this country is.

Then we have Americans claiming its too fucking complicated.

Forum List

Back