Who are The Real Racists?

jasendorf said:
For a Warrant Officer... you sure are impatient...
"You sound young and ignorant", is a statement not name calling.
As a (former) Warrant Officer I am very easy going, layed back an stuff. But if need be, I'll have my foot so far up yer ass you won't know what happened. Keep that in mind, kid.

jasendorf said:
Yuk it up. The Republican Party's inability to empathize with minorities of both race and religion is what will be its downfall. While I may not fully understand the "worship" of the figures you mentioned... I can darn tootin' bet that your lack of desire to even attempt to understand is what causes those 90% poll numbers. In 2008, you can count on plenty of Latino Americans remembering that the Republican Party spent a lot of energy vilifying many of their friends, parents, grandparents and siblings while discussing immigration reform. And, next time you won't have "Nosotros Amigo Gobernador Jorge Bush" to fall back on.

Ya know what jasen,

Everyone that I have known from different races and religious backgrounds look at white apologist as yourself and say....he is so full of shit. They don't want your empathy, they aren't interested in your attempts to understand them, they don't want to be treated as pets. They are human beings with human pride that understand full well the cultural differences and similarities between us as fellow humans, they just want to be just like everyone else, no better , no worse.

That has been my experience in the 52 years I have been on this tiny planet, maybe it has been different for you but if it has it has probably been because of your attitude.

By the way, I don't find a need to label myself as a member of a group or team(I hate team sports). When I was 18 I registered as a Democrat because I was young and stupid....I have never actually voted for one. I haven't bothered to change because it is meaningless to me. When I vote, I vote for the man or woman that I feel is best for the job because I am hiring them to work for me. I am an individual jasen, it is maybe hard for you to understand what that means but give it your best shot. You don't know me or anything about me so don't try to label me, it just makes you look silly,really.

jasendorf said:
So, your point is that Black Americans are just too "unsuccessful in life" and "ignorant" to vote Republican? I disagree.

I think that generations of having to determine which people they can trust and which they cannot trust has led to an ability by many Black Americans to see through a lot of bull. I think that there have been generations of Black Americans who have taught this skill both in their actions and through outright instruction to their children.

From determining who they could count on while attempting to run North during slavery to determining which white store owner might sell them something at a fair price during Jim Crow to determining whether they could turn to a certain police officer without being prejudged a criminal... Black Americans have had to make value judgements throughout our nation's history at much higher stakes than any other ethnicity or race.

But, that's just my opinion.

Maybe then they should go back to school on reading bull. Democrats have been saying for 50 years that they will make Blacks lives better through government handouts, affirmative action and the like. Are blacks lives better?

You need to read alittle better. My point was that blacks as a group don't think for themselves. They follow whatever their leaders say to the letter. When the 10% of blacks that do have a dissenting opinion from the pack, they are villified as Uncle Toms, race-traitors, idiots, Aunt Jamima's, House-*******, etc. No other minority group does that. Whites dont do that. Usually you see an even split between opinions in almost any group in America. Why do blacks follow lock and step with 1 way of thinking then? Do they like free handouts, affirmative action etc? Or maybe they just go along with their leaders because their leaders use race-baiting to keep a group of people uneducated and easily manipulated.

I assume you are black from your posts. If you are, you need to reevaluate the people that you have faith in to lead blacks out of the uneducated period that they now sit in. Do your leaders propose changes that are positive to the community, give ideas that are specific to needed areas of improvement or do they invoke race at every opportunity that they have to further their agendas?

Libs are the people of tolerance and civility - as long as you agree with them
Since losing their political power they have become a party full of hate and rage

red states rule said:
Libs are the people of tolerance and civility - as long as you agree with them
Since losing their political power they have become a party full of hate and rage

Funny, seems to me that you're the one full of rage and throwing around insults.

I'm still waiting to see your examples of the Brilliance of Clarence Thomas.

Maybe he already listed the examples and the post was so thin we missed it. ;)

I think our little Red State Friend is very young and silly and just came to troll around. lol....

Mr. P said:
"You sound young and ignorant", is a statement not name calling.
As a (former) Warrant Officer I am very easy going, layed back an stuff. But if need be, I'll have my foot so far up yer ass you won't know what happened. Keep that in mind, kid.

So, if I were to say, "you sound old and bigoted." That wouldn't be name calling? Good to hear. I'll remember that statements can't be insults.

As for "putting a foot up my ass"... hell, you can't even stand by calling me ignorant... if you'll run away from that, then I'm not too worried about your foot.

jasendorf said:
So, if I were to say, "you sound old and bigoted." That wouldn't be name calling? Good to hear. I'll remember that statements can't be insults.

As for "putting a foot up my ass"... hell, you can't even stand by calling me ignorant... if you'll run away from that, then I'm not too worried about your foot.

He said you "sounded young and ignorant", which you do. He didn't say you "are young and ignorant".

insein said:
Maybe then they should go back to school on reading bull. Democrats have been saying for 50 years that they will make Blacks lives better through government handouts, affirmative action and the like. Are blacks lives better?

An interesting question. Are the lives of Black Americans better now than they were in 1956? I have a feeling that if you ask any Black American who can remember 1956... they'd tell you yes. Come to think of it, I had lunch recently with my very first First Sergeant. When he returned home from Korea in 1952 he still couldn't sit at a lunch counter in the South even in his Marine uniform (he later switched to the Army Reserve and retired as a SGM). Go ahead and ask yourself if you think life is better for Black Americans than it was in 1956. Answer the question yourself. I think it's fairly obvious where I stand on that question.

You need to read alittle better. My point was that blacks as a group don't think for themselves. They follow whatever their leaders say to the letter. When the 10% of blacks that do have a dissenting opinion from the pack, they are villified as Uncle Toms, race-traitors, idiots, Aunt Jamima's, House-*******, etc. No other minority group does that. Whites dont do that. Usually you see an even split between opinions in almost any group in America. Why do blacks follow lock and step with 1 way of thinking then? Do they like free handouts, affirmative action etc? Or maybe they just go along with their leaders because their leaders use race-baiting to keep a group of people uneducated and easily manipulated.

"Blacks as a group don't think for themselves"? OK, let's assume for just a moment that the majority of Black Americans are being duped by their leaders into voting and believing things that aren't true. I would venture a guess that Black Americans have long had to stick together in force to just survive. And, it's worked pretty well for them. Now you want them to suddenly change that strategy for a guy who says they "don't think for themselves"? Your strategy for winning them as friends befuddles me.

I assume you are black from your posts. If you are, you need to reevaluate the people that you have faith in to lead blacks out of the uneducated period that they now sit in. Do your leaders propose changes that are positive to the community, give ideas that are specific to needed areas of improvement or do they invoke race at every opportunity that they have to further their agendas?

While I consider it the highest form of flattery that you think I am Black... I'm about as white as they come. German and Irish in the blood. I value the discussions, reading and educating I've done to try and understand the trials Black Americans have faced and continue to face on a daily basis.

Black leaders have long proposed ways to enhance, change and fix this country. But, that doesn't make the news nearly as often as the rare times they call out a racist when they see one. You think conservatives have a hard time being heard in the press? Try being a Black leader.

Said1 said:
He said you "sounded young and ignorant", which you do. He didn't say you "are young and ignorant".

Fair enough. He did. I'll just file away that little bit of information when I want to call someone something but keep the option to run away from it at a later time. Lesson learned.

jasendorf said:
Fair enough. He did. I'll just file away that little bit of information when I want to call someone something but keep the option to run away from it at a later time. Lesson learned.

Context. Not that I recall anyone running away from anything. Perhaps he went outside or something?

jasendorf said:
No one is running. Your lack of reading comprehension isn’t mine to deal with.

jasendorf said:
While I consider it the highest form of flattery that you think I am Black... I'm about as white as they come. German and Irish in the blood. I value the discussions, reading and educating I've done to try and understand the trials Black Americans have faced and continue to face on a daily basis.

Black leaders have long proposed ways to enhance, change and fix this country. But, that doesn't make the news nearly as often as the rare times they call out a racist when they see one. You think conservatives have a hard time being heard in the press? Try being a Black leader.

So you're white. So by your own opinion then, you have no understanding of what black Americans go through and therefore have no say in the matter when it comes to Black on Black politics. Also by your opinion, the politics of race is based upon non-blacks disagreeing with Black leaders and there methods yet you called Justice Thomas an Idiot and that somehow DOESN'T make you a racist in your OWN eyes?

I see alot of discrepencies in your line of thinking here.

Why do you consider it the highest form of flattery to be a black man? This to me is a VERY Disingenuous statement. This leads me to believe that you have very little experience with the black community due to your age or due to your insulation from it.

How do you consider Black leaders have little time in the press when Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the leaders of black organizations like the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus have a standing invitation on many cable news programs to come on and promote their agenda of dividing the country by Race?

Then in the same breathe, how are individuals who have succeeded like Dr. Condileeza Rice, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Bill Cosby, and the like vilified as race traitors when they promote the ideals that black people can succeed without the neccessity of black leadership or the Democratic party in general?

Answer those for me.

jillian said:
Maybe he already listed the examples and the post was so thin we missed it. ;)

I think our little Red State Friend is very young and silly and just came to troll around. lol....

He sits on the Supreme Court of the United States, despite trumped-up, unsubstantiated charges to impeach his credibility. His biggest accomplishment to date was getting through that circus the Dems made of the confirmation hearings.

And I think you and jismdorf come to this board for NO OTHER reason than to troll.

GunnyL said:
He sits on the Supreme Court of the United States, despite trumped-up, unsubstantiated charges to impeach his credibility. His biggest accomplishment to date was getting through that circus the Dems made of the confirmation hearings.

And I think you and jismdorf come to this board for NO OTHER reason than to troll.

The little one made a statement. I set forth my reasons for disagreeing with him. I merely asked him to back up his opinion. He can't. The simple fact that someone is placed on the bench does not make them a "great Justice".

I wouldn't have any idea why jasendorf posts since I don't know him. I assume that, like everyone else, he likes interaction. You think he's a troll. I think RSR is since every post he's made so far has been nothing but unsubstantiated and derrogatory, not to mention immature-sounding, but that's not his fault, perhaps, since he seems very young. As for myself, I've never trolled, though you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I'm entitled to my opinions. as well. So, I'll have to respectfully take issue with your comment.

Enjoy your day.

Wow... I didn't realize so much mischaracterization was possible in a single post. Allow me to set you straight with the truth.

insein said:
So you're white. So by your own opinion then, you have no understanding of what black Americans go through and therefore have no say in the matter when it comes to Black on Black politics. Also by your opinion, the politics of race is based upon non-blacks disagreeing with Black leaders and there methods yet you called Justice Thomas an Idiot and that somehow DOESN'T make you a racist in your OWN eyes?

1) I think I've already stated that my attempt it at empathy. Can I ever fully understand what Black Americans face in this country? Of course not. The difference between you and I is that I recognize that I can never fully understand but I can make and hoest effort to try.

2) I stated that I find it amusing when white folk think they can "fix" the political discourse between Black Americans. I simply don't think they need you as their "mommy."

3) I don't think Justice Thomas is an idiot. And, I've never called Justice Thomas an idiot. In fact, just to make sure I went through the entire post to confirm. Should I assume the rest of your post is full of lies like this? If you're going to pull the race card, you should probably first make sure that I actually said what it is you're pulling the card on.

I see alot of discrepencies in your line of thinking here.

Why do you consider it the highest form of flattery to be a black man? This to me is a VERY Disingenuous statement. This leads me to believe that you have very little experience with the black community due to your age or due to your insulation from it.

You quoted it... and yet you still chose not to READ it? I see how you've chosen to pretend I said something other than what I said... and, while an interesting attempt to put words in my mouth... it is your statement which is not only disingenious, but also a complete micharacterization of the entire paragraph. Allow me to quote for you: "While I consider it the highest form of flattery that you think I am Black..." Not "to be a black man." I'm glad that someone thought my position was so in line with what they expect to hear from a Black American that I was flattered by it.

How do you consider Black leaders have little time in the press when Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the leaders of black organizations like the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus have a standing invitation on many cable news programs to come on and promote their agenda of dividing the country by Race?

That's precisely it. The only time the press ever pays attention to them is when they are calling out racists. Nevermind the 360 other days of the year they are building for the future and fighting for rights which shouldn't have to be fought for anymore.

Then in the same breathe, how are individuals who have succeeded like Dr. Condileeza Rice, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Bill Cosby, and the like vilified as race traitors when they promote the ideals that black people can succeed without the neccessity of black leadership or the Democratic party in general?

Now we're back to something I don't consider myself qualified to decide for anyone. I personally think Dr. Rice and Bill Cosby have great messages of tough love which are oftentimes mischaracterized by fellow Black leaders. Justice Thomas doesn't really say all that much (I think that's part of being prudent when your a judge) or I'm just not listening so I can't really say what I think of his message. But, to act as if the vilification train only runs one way is completely offbase. Or, maybe you're only upset when Black Democrats attack Black Republicans and could care less when White Republicans attack Black Democrats... is this mock ingidnation something that you engage in often? Got a link to the post where you got upset over Cynthia McKinney being called a "ghetto slut"?

Answer those for me.

Just did.

jillian said:
She would find it derrogatory, for sure, and should. But she'd know the person saying it wasn't a racist. It's a different issue. Try looking at the definition of racism I posted. The issue is more subtle than that.

There has always been a division in the black community about things like this. But it isn't racist. It has to do with identifying with one's race/culture or doing things which are, or might be, perceived by the group to be dangerous to its self-interest.

I disagree. The terms "Aunt Jemimah" and "Uncle Tom" are derogatory terms and their sting is based in racism.

Using such terms in black-on-black attacks is only internalizing that racism. Even though you can rationalize that it's only a "cultural" jest or accusation, you can't avoid the fact that the derogatory terms are based in racism.

I would guess that calling Dr. Rice "Aunt Jemimah" is an attack on her loyalty to her race....in other words, she is being accused of acting more like/in favor of a white person than a black person. This is still an attack that is very racial in nature.

Excusing the use of such racial slurs "because they are black-on-black" is just a cover-up and doesn't wash in the light of day. The racism is still there. In the case of Dr. Rice, blacks are using internalized racism to attack another black.

jillian said:
The little one made a statement. I set forth my reasons for disagreeing with him. I merely asked him to back up his opinion. He can't. The simple fact that someone is placed on the bench does not make them a "great Justice".

I wouldn't have any idea why jasendorf posts since I don't know him. I assume that, like everyone else, he likes interaction. You think he's a troll. I think RSR is since every post he's made so far has been nothing but unsubstantiated and derrogatory, not to mention immature-sounding, but that's not his fault, perhaps, since he seems very young. As for myself, I've never trolled, though you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I'm entitled to my opinions. as well. So, I'll have to respectfully take issue with your comment.

Enjoy your day.

The fact is, Clarence Thomas is a successful Justice or he would not have been nominated in the first place. He also happens to be a Republican, and a man whose skin is black.

The difference between Republicans/conservatives who are black and Dem/libs who are black is the former are successful and mostly individuals, who don't go around blaming racism as the root of the problem anytime something goes wrong for them; while, the latter is made up pretty much of several voices who speak for the many, promising the "black vote" for a bigger handout that is race-specific.

ANY politician who caters to a person or group of person because of their race is using racism as a tactic. Simple as that.

And you can take exception to whatever you like. If you voice your opinion and I disagree, plan on seeing it.

And if you're a smartass, wannabe know-it-all, psuedoiintellectual like jasendork, plan on getting your trashy mouth tossed back in your face.

GunnyL said:
The fact is, Clarence Thomas is a successful Justice or he would not have been nominated in the first place. He also happens to be a Republican, and a man whose skin is black.

The difference between Republicans/conservatives who are black and Dem/libs who are black is the former are successful and mostly individuals, who don't go around blaming racism as the root of the problem anytime something goes wrong for them; while, the latter is made up pretty much of several voices who speak for the many, promising the "black vote" for a bigger handout that is race-specific.

ANY politician who caters to a person or group of person because of their race is using racism as a tactic. Simple as that.

And you can take exception to whatever you like. If you voice your opinion and I disagree, plan on seeing it.

And if you're a smartass, wannabe know-it-all, psuedoiintellectual like jasendork, plan on getting your trashy mouth tossed back in your face.

Clarence Thomas is a Justice, not a "successful" Justice. He has never written an opinion of the Court as far as I've ever seen, nor does he ask questions at oral argument. I said what my standard for greatness in a jurist is. I expect someone, like RSR to state WHY he thinks this particular jurist evinces "greatness". And yet, there is nothing but a great silence after he states his opinion....nothing backing it up.

As far as you disagreeing when I say something with which you don't agree, well, I'd expect nothing less. This is a messageboard and we are all here because we HAVE strong opinions that we enjoy discussing. I certainly respect those differences. But my disagreements with your point of view certainly aren't trolling. That was the word with which I took issue, since I actually try very hard to be respectful so long as someone is respectful to me. (That doesn't mean that if someone is rude I'm not going to respond in kind. It merely means that I will make every effort to stay congnizant that we all don't have the same experiences or see things the same way).

As far as you and jasendorf go, I figure you're both big boys and can take care of yourselves. :salute:

Forum List

Back