Who Are The Palestinians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
toastman,

Yes, this is an obscurer document.

BTW, can you post the 1948 declaration , I tried to google it but I couldn't find it. Thanks
(REFERENCE)

CABLEGRAM DATED 28 SEPTEMBER 1948 FROM THE PREMIER AND
ACTING FOREIGN SECRETARY OF ALL-PALESTINE GOVERNMENT
TO THE SECRETARY-GENERAL CONCERNING
CONSTITUTION OF ALL-PALESTINE GOVERNMENT

I HAVE THE HONOR TO INFORM YOUR EXCELLENCY THAT IN VIRTUE OF THE NATURAL RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE OF PALESTINE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION WHICH PRINCIPLE IS SUPPORTED BY THE CHARTERS OF THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS, THE UNITED NATIONS AND OTHERS AND IN VIEW OF THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE OVER PALESTINE WHICH HAD PREVENTED THE ARABS FROM EXERCISING THEIR INDEPENDENCE, THE ARABS OF PALESTINE WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THE COUNTRY AND ITS INDIGENOUS INHABITANTS AND WHO CONSTITUTE THE GREAT MAJORITY OF ITS LEGAL POPULATION HAVE SOLEMNLY RESOLVED TO DECLARE PALESTINE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES AS ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE AN INDEPENDENT STATE AND CONSTITUTED A GOVERNMENT UNDER THE NAME OF THE ALL-PALESTINE GOVERNMENT DERIVING ITS AUTHORITY FROM A REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL BASED ON DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES AND AIMING TO SAFEGUARD THE RIGHTS OF MINORITIES AND FOREIGNERS PROTECT THE HOLY PLACES AND GUARANTEE FREEDOM OF WORSHIP TO ALL COMMUNITIES

AHMED HILMI PASHA
PREMIER AND ACTING FOREIGN SECRETARY​

v/r
R

Had this declaration taken place before Israel declaration of independence, would Israel even exist now ?

toastman, et al,

Maybe or maybe not!

(REFERENCE)

CABLEGRAM DATED 28 SEPTEMBER 1948

Had this declaration taken place before Israel declaration of independence, would Israel even exist now ?
(COMMENT)

This is a hypothetical and exceeding difficult to assess (if at all). It is in the family of Reification or "IF-THEN" Statement and calculating a specific conditional evaluation.
  • IF the Arab Declaration comes before the Jewish Declaration THEN no State of Israel is created.
  • IF the Jewish Declaration comes before the Arab Declaration THEN a State of Israel is created.
We cannot evaluate either without an actual test. But I venture to say that neither is really a true representation of the conditions that either drive the outcome ("creation" or "no creation"). While the second "IF-THEN" actually happened, the causality behind the creation of the State of Israel is actually dependent more than one set of factors.

What is unpredictable is the human factors and the political climate.

Most Respectfully,
R

toastman,

BTW, can you post the 1948 declaration , I tried to google it but I couldn't find it. Thanks
(REFERENCE)

I HAVE THE HONOR TO INFORM YOUR EXCELLENCY THAT IN VIRTUE OF THE NATURAL RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE OF PALESTINE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION WHICH PRINCIPLE IS SUPPORTED BY THE CHARTERS OF THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS, THE UNITED NATIONS AND OTHERS AND IN VIEW OF THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE OVER PALESTINE WHICH HAD PREVENTED THE ARABS FROM EXERCISING THEIR INDEPENDENCE, THE ARABS OF PALESTINE WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THE COUNTRY AND ITS INDIGENOUS INHABITANTS AND WHO CONSTITUTE THE GREAT MAJORITY OF ITS LEGAL POPULATION HAVE SOLEMNLY RESOLVED TO DECLARE PALESTINE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES AS ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE AN INDEPENDENT STATE AND CONSTITUTED A GOVERNMENT UNDER THE NAME OF THE ALL-PALESTINE GOVERNMENT DERIVING ITS AUTHORITY FROM A REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL BASED ON DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES AND AIMING TO SAFEGUARD THE RIGHTS OF MINORITIES AND FOREIGNERS PROTECT THE HOLY PLACES AND GUARANTEE FREEDOM OF WORSHIP TO ALL COMMUNITIES

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Too little too late. LOL

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Doesn't matter what "they" the Arab Muslims declared. They weren't in charge of the land, nor were they in a position to dictate to those who were, what to do with it.

The British already made it clear, "you want your Arab Palestine? That would be East of the Jordan River. You can have your Jew free cesspool of intolerance over there."

Again I ask, how come they didn't write any of these kiss ass whiny letters to a Egypt and Jordan when they controlled the West Bank and Gaza for 20 years from 48 to 67? Well, as long as there's no Jewish state, that what counts with Mooooslems, eh?

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Doesn't matter what "they" the Arab Muslims declared. They weren't in charge of the land, nor were they in a position to dictate to those who were, what to do with it.

The British already made it clear, "you want your Arab Palestine? That would be East of the Jordan River. You can have your Jew free cesspool of intolerance over there."

Again I ask, how come they didn't write any of these kiss ass whiny letters to a Egypt and Jordan when they controlled the West Bank and Gaza for 20 years from 48 to 67? Well, as long as there's no Jewish state, that what counts with Mooooslems, eh?

Both Egypt & Jordan refuse to grant the Palestinians a right of return. How releived they feel now that Israel has them to deal with.

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Both Egypt & Jordan refuse to grant the Palestinians a right of return. How releived they feel now that Israel has them to deal with.

Plus there was no mention of this mythical Palestine or "Palestinian people". I wonder why?

MJB12741, et al,

From the Arab League perspective, they did not expect a cascade failure (a series of catastrophic outcomes, one after another --- Wars in 1948, 1967, 1973) and nor did they foresee the ramifications of the incidental intermittent political failures associated with the negative outcomes in the overall War of Attrition [(First and Second Intifada) and the Suez Crisis (October 1956)] or the Gaza War Series [Operation Cast Lead (December 2008 - January 2009) --- Operation Pillar of Defense (November 2012) --- Operation Protective Edge (July-August 2014)]. This does not include the various engagements with Palestinian insurgency elements originating from Southern Lebanon.

No nation in the Middle East or Persian Gulf has had to defend itself more often, in its first half century of existence, and against regional powers than The Jewish State of Israel. And no culture has been so associated with asymmetric warfare, insurgency operations, terrorism and Jihadist activity then that of the Hostile Arab Palestinians.

(COMMENT)

All the adjacent nations to Israel view it as a double-sided coin. On one hand, they are (as you say) very happy to allow the Israelis to pin-down the Arab radicals that constitute the Hostile Arab Palestinian population. They see Israel as carrying the burden of the monetary and political expense of the conflict and the spread of Islamic Extremism. No countries know this more that Egypt and (especially) Jordan. Egypt narrowly escape the fate of Syria in the aftermath of the "Arab Spring" and the entanglement with the Moslem Brotherhood. While Jordan had, several decades earlier, cut its ties with the treachery of the Fedayeen, when the the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan successfully fended-off two assassination attempts against the King, "a series of spectacular hijackings," and put an end to the insurrection and traitorist actions of the Palestinian Fedayeen insurgents. The last thing that any of the regional governments wants is the rise of another Islamic Extremist Cult that threatens regional peace.

Are these nations happy that Israel is a "Jewish State?" No! But they can live with a peaceful Jewish State that doesn't threaten the regional security and stabilization. What they don't want is for these extremist, Jihadist and Fedayeen, running loose in the region creating political and religious havoc.

Most Respectfully,
R

MJB12741, et al,

From the Arab League perspective, they did not expect a cascade failure (a series of catastrophic outcomes, one after another --- Wars in 1948, 1967, 1973) and nor did they foresee the ramifications of the incidental intermittent political failures associated with the negative outcomes in the overall War of Attrition [(First and Second Intifada) and the Suez Crisis (October 1956)] or the Gaza War Series [Operation Cast Lead (December 2008 - January 2009) --- Operation Pillar of Defense (November 2012) --- Operation Protective Edge (July-August 2014)]. This does not include the various engagements with Palestinian insurgency elements originating from Southern Lebanon.

No nation in the Middle East or Persian Gulf has had to defend itself more often, in its first half century of existence, and against regional powers than The Jewish State of Israel. And no culture has been so associated with asymmetric warfare, insurgency operations, terrorism and Jihadist activity then that of the Hostile Arab Palestinians.

(COMMENT)

All the adjacent nations to Israel view it as a double-sided coin. On one hand, they are (as you say) very happy to allow the Israelis to pin-down the Arab radicals that constitute the Hostile Arab Palestinian population. They see Israel as carrying the burden of the monetary and political expense of the conflict and the spread of Islamic Extremism. No countries know this more that Egypt and (especially) Jordan. Egypt narrowly escape the fate of Syria in the aftermath of the "Arab Spring" and the entanglement with the Moslem Brotherhood. While Jordan had, several decades earlier, cut its ties with the treachery of the Fedayeen, when the the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan successfully fended-off two assassination attempts against the King, "a series of spectacular hijackings," and put an end to the insurrection and traitorist actions of the Palestinian Fedayeen insurgents. The last thing that any of the regional governments wants is the rise of another Islamic Extremist Cult that threatens regional peace.

Are these nations happy that Israel is a "Jewish State?" No! But they can live with a peaceful Jewish State that doesn't threaten the regional security and stabilization. What they don't want is for these extremist, Jihadist and Fedayeen, running loose in the region creating political and religious havoc.

Most Respectfully,
R

Who in their right mind would not agree that the surrounding Arab countries are not overwhelmed with Israel in the Middle. But they sure are greatful for having Israel to have to deal with the Palestinians than their countries.

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

It is not who came first, it is who submitted a valid declaration.

The Palestinian's declaration was straightforward including their defined territory.

Israel, on the other hand, defined its territory as Eretz-Israel, a nebulous territorial definition at best. There is no such internationally recognized territory.

I know Israel can't help it but did it have to lie in its own declaration of independence?

On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel; the General Assembly required the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution. This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable.

THE STATE OF ISRAEL is prepared to cooperate with the agencies and representatives of the United Nations in implementing the resolution of the General Assembly of the 29th November, 1947, and will take steps to bring about the economic union of the whole of Eretz-Israel.​

By the time it evoked Resolution 181 promising its cooperation in its implementation, Israel had already blown past the proposed borders. It was already expelling non Jews from its allotted territory and the territory allotted to the Arabs. It was already attacking and occupying the international city of Jerusalem.

Israel never had any intention of abiding by Resolution 181. It merely threw it in there to pretend to have legitimacy.

Last edited:
toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

It is not who came firse, it is who subitted a valid declaration.

The Palestinian's declaration was straighforward including their defined territory.

Israel, on the other hand, defined its territory as Eretz-Israel, a nebulous territorial definition at best. There is no such internationally recognized territory.

I know Israel can't help it but did it have to lie in its own declaration of independence?

On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel; the General Assembly required the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution. This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable.

THE STATE OF ISRAEL is prepared to cooperate with the agencies and representatives of the United Nations in implementing the resolution of the General Assembly of the 29th November, 1947, and will take steps to bring about the economic union of the whole of Eretz-Israel.​

By the time it evoked Resolution 181 promising its cooperation in its implementation, Israel had already blown past the proposed borders. It was already expelling non Jews from its allotted territory and the territory allotted to the Arabs. It was already attacking and occupying the international city of Jerusalem.

Israel never had any intention of abiding by Resolution 181. It merely threw it in there to pretend to have lagitimacy.
What is your recommendation, Tinmore?

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

The Palestinian's declaration was straighforward including their defined territory.

Israel never had any intention of abiding by Resolution 181. It merely threw it in there to pretend to have lagitimacy.
Good question and since Resolution 181 was never implemented it was a dubious move for Israel to hang its hat on that resolution for legitimacy.

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Good question and since Resolution 181 was never implemented it was a dubious move for Israel to hang its hat on that resolution for legitimacy.
So who won?

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

So who won?
Nobody yet.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, yes, this again.

Good question and since Resolution 181 was never implemented it was a dubious move for Israel to hang its hat on that resolution for legitimacy.[/QUOTE]
(COMMENT)
Often evidentiary UN remarks are challenged by the pro-Palestinian. They believe that if they say it enough, the UN will reverse its position.

And because the of the legitimacy and importance of the Resolution, it is cited quite frequently, by the Palestinians and the UN.

Palestinians:
  • Declaration of Independence, 1988
  • Letter dated 25 March 1999 from the Permanent Observer of Palestine
The UN:
  • A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988 43/177. Question of Palestine
  • A/67/L.28 26 November 2012 Question of Palestine
  • A/RES/67/19 4 December 2012 67/19. Status of Palestine in the United Nations
Most Respectfully,
R

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

The Palestinian's declaration was straightforward including their defined territory.

Israel never had any intention of abiding by Resolution 181. It merely threw it in there to pretend to have legitimacy.

You are making things up. Nothing you said had any merit with these issues. The Palestinian declaration in 1948 was not valid and they did NOT have any defined territory.
The declaration clearly says that they were declaring all of the region as their own, 4 months AFTER Israel declared independence on the land allotted to her in resolution 181.
Obviously you're not happy with this outcome, but these were.
Remember, the Palestinians used 181 as a legal basis in to declare independence in 1988 too.

So who won?
Nobody yet.

Who's winning?

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

You are making things up. Nothing you said had any merit with these issues. The Palestinian declaration in 1948 was not valid and they did NOT have any defined territory.
The declaration clearly says that they were declaring all of the region as their own, 4 months AFTER Israel declared independence on the land allotted to her in resolution 181.
Remember, the Palestinians used 181 as a legal basis in to declare independence in 1988 too.

Link?

toastman,

(REFERENCE)

AHMED HILMI PASHA

v/r
R

Link?
Here's yer link, Tinmore.

16 Unusual Uses for Cooking Spray Kitchen Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back