Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
P F Tinmore, et al,

I did not miss anything. The three propaganda pieces circumstantial at best, and clearly do not substantiate any US boots on the ground.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I was in Baghdad in 2007. I don't recall hearing about a US Invasion or Attack.

The US trashed the legally elected and constituted government with its attack in 2007.
(COMMENT)

You'll have to refresh my memory. What did the US attack?

Most Respectfully,
R
Missed them again, huh?

Who Are The Palestinians Part 2 Page 31 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
(COMMENT)

It has been over seven years since the allegation of this grand US conspiracy was uncovered. I have yet to see a US Document outlining the conspiracy.

The (so called) "Palestinian Papers," were a collection of stolen document (less than 2000) from the PA/PLO Negotiation Support Unit (NSU) in direct assistance to the Palestinian Chief Negotiator Sa’eb Erekat. The papers were handed over to Al Jazeera which then concocted and disseminated the stories. Nothing in Post #306 even remotely gives evidence of the Fatah–Hamas conflict (AKA: The Coup d'état), or shows copies of this smoking gun documents --- not then ---- not now. I have looked at the 244 Documents that al-Jazeer has posted and cannot identify any of them as a "smoking gun" paper.

(Post Script)

I wondered what American they got to authenticate these documents. It must have been the downstairs janitor from the Consulate. Who in the hell is going to access to all those e-mails and document numbers to authenticate them in any form?

Most Respectfully,
R
Forget it, Rocco, you are just playing stupid. Or maybe you really don't know anything about the supposed coup. I am not going to dig up information for somebody who refuses to learn anything.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I did not miss anything. The three propaganda pieces circumstantial at best, and clearly do not substantiate any US boots on the ground.

P F Tinmore, et al,

The US trashed the legally elected and constituted government with its attack in 2007.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Missed them again, huh?

Who Are The Palestinians Part 2 Page 31 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
(COMMENT)

It has been over seven years since the allegation of this grand US conspiracy was uncovered. I have yet to see a US Document outlining the conspiracy.

The (so called) "Palestinian Papers," were a collection of stolen document (less than 2000) from the PA/PLO Negotiation Support Unit (NSU) in direct assistance to the Palestinian Chief Negotiator Sa’eb Erekat. The papers were handed over to Al Jazeera which then concocted and disseminated the stories. Nothing in Post #306 even remotely gives evidence of the Fatah–Hamas conflict (AKA: The Coup d'état), or shows copies of this smoking gun documents --- not then ---- not now. I have looked at the 244 Documents that al-Jazeer has posted and cannot identify any of them as a "smoking gun" paper.

(Post Script)

I wondered what American they got to authenticate these documents. It must have been the downstairs janitor from the Consulate. Who in the hell is going to access to all those e-mails and document numbers to authenticate them in any form?

Most Respectfully,
R
Forget it, Rocco, you are just playing stupid. Or maybe you really don't know anything about the supposed coup. I am not going to dig up information for somebody who refuses to learn anything.

I pretty much understand how USA makes "banana countries".
Please present those to me.

P F Tinmore, et al,

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Missed them again, huh?

(COMMENT)

(Post Script)

Most Respectfully,
R

Nice duck

P F Tinmore, et al,

Hold your horses here.

(COMMENT)

The "Palestinian Authority" was a creation of the Declaration of Principles (DOP) - Oslo Accords; and a major step toward the fulfillment of Arab Palestinian National Aspirations.

Oslo I was signed by Mahmoud Abbas (1993) for the PLO and Oslo II was signed by Yasser Arafat (1997). To say that the US "lied" about the establishment the establishment and recognition of the Palestinian Authority is a fabrication.

It is also important to remember that the elections for the Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC) and the Presidency took place in January 1996 after the IDF withdrew from Zones A and B in December 1995.

HAMAS was then and still is a terrorist organization. The fact that the US and the EU withdrew support that might go to HAMAS is the fault for electing a terrorist government.

At some point, the Arab Palestinian has got to stop blaming everybody else and look in the mirror at themselves. They are responsible for the consequences.

Most Respectfully,
R
The "Palestinian Authority" was a creation of the Declaration of Principles (DOP) - Oslo Accords; and a major step toward the fulfillment of Arab Palestinian National Aspirations.​

Indeed, then the Palestinians created a constitutional government with the 2002 Basic Law and reformed it to have a prime minister heading the cabinet in the 2003 Amended Basic Law. Of course they have the right to create their own government.

The US trashed the legally elected and constituted government with its attack in 2007. Then you blame the Palestinians for having a fucked up government.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Palestinian Mentality : Blame everyone else but yourself.
Like it is the Palestinians fault that the US overthrew their government.

Speaking of governments, it's been almost 10 years since Hamas came into power. Why hasn't their been an election yet?
Ask the US. They are the ones running the show.

No it is hamas running the show, and they refuse to call elections

P F Tinmore, montelatici, et al,

I don't want you to waste your time trying to find old hearsay articles merely repeating the same story line. I actually bothered to read what has been published about the "Palestinian Papers." There is nothing about a conspiracy to overthrow HAMAS.

(COMMENT)

What is interesting is the wide range of topics these papers covered. The Guardian Annotations are not always right, making assumptions not in evidence; but, I did look at all 99 entries on the "Palestinian Paper" presentation.

The Palestinian Papers involve a number of different diplomatic and military players. Some of it is in dialog form. And they express ideas about what they think is happening, what they know is happening, and what they believe will happen. The value of the papers is only as good as the proximity to the snapshot in time to which they were relevant.

As for the US involvement in the HAMAS-Fatah conflict, their is nothing there --- no smoking gun. Everyone was reminded about the US Laws that prevent providing assistance to designated terrorist organizations, and states which have governments that support terrorism. In this case, it would be automatically engaged against any HAMAS led government.

The Guardian had them authenticated and published them. The Palestine papers the documents World news The Guardian
(COMMENT)

Again, the US Government would never participate in the verifications of the transcripts and letters presented. The US government rarely confirms or denies authenticity of such material. They would have to be authenticated by the Foreign National side (Arab Palestinian); wherein anyone could slip something into the hoard.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Guardian had them authenticated and published them.

The Palestine papers the documents World news The Guardian

Whwere does it say that the Guardian authenticated the papers then, By the way most British people do not believe the Guardian when it says the sun is shining, they always go and check.

Only right-wing British people that read the Telegraph (equivalent to the Washington Times) don't believe the Guardian. Most British people believe the Guardian over the right-wing trash newspapers.

I don't want you to waste your time trying to find old hearsay articles merely repeating the same story line. I actually bothered to read what has been published about the "Palestinian Papers." There is nothing about a conspiracy to overthrow HAMAS.

(COMMENT)

What is interesting is the wide range of topics these papers covered. The Guardian Annotations are not always right, making assumptions not in evidence; but, I did look at all 99 entries on the "Palestinian Paper" presentation.

The Palestinian Papers involve a number of different diplomatic and military players. Some of it is in dialog form. And they express ideas about what they think is happening, what they know is happening, and what they believe will happen. The value of the papers is only as good as the proximity to the snapshot in time to which they were relevant.

As for the US involvement in the HAMAS-Fatah conflict, their is nothing there --- no smoking gun. Everyone was reminded about the US Laws that prevent providing assistance to designated terrorist organizations, and states which have governments that support terrorism. In this case, it would be automatically engaged against any HAMAS led government.

The Guardian had them authenticated and published them. The Palestine papers the documents World news The Guardian
(COMMENT)

Again, the US Government would never participate in the verifications of the transcripts and letters presented. The US government rarely confirms or denies authenticity of such material. They would have to be authenticated by the Foreign National side (Arab Palestinian); wherein anyone could slip something into the hoard.

Most Respectfully,
R
I posted reports from three people: one British, one Canadian, and one from Gaza, and they all said about the same thing. I tried to keep it short and to the point without digging up additional proof that you would just ignore anyway.

Even Wikipedia says that the Abbass emergency government is illegal. You won't hear that in the propaganda media. They all claim it the be the legitimate government. An obvious lie. I knew it was an illegal government before I saw that in Wikipedia.

This appointment has been challenged as illegal, because while the Palestinian Basic Law permits the president to dismiss a sitting prime minister, the appointment of a replacement requires the approval of the Legislative Council. The law provides that after removal of the prime minister (in this case, Ismail Haniyeh), the outgoing prime minister heads a caretaker government. The current Legislative Council, in which Hamas holds a majority of seats, has not approved the appointments of Fayyad or the balance of his new government. Fayyad's appointment was never placed before, or approved by it.[12] Haniyeh continues to operate as prime minister in Gaza, and is recognized by a large number of Palestinians as the legitimate acting prime minister. Anis al-Qasem, a constitutional lawyer who drafted the Basic Law, is among those who publicly declared the appointment of Fayyad to be illegal.[13] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salam_Fayyad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salam_Fayyad#cite_note-13

I could dig up some more if you are serious about learning something.

The Guardian had them authenticated and published them.

The Palestine papers the documents World news The Guardian

Whwere does it say that the Guardian authenticated the papers then, By the way most British people do not believe the Guardian when it says the sun is shining, they always go and check.

Only right-wing British people that read the Telegraph (equivalent to the Washington Times) don't believe the Guardian. Most British people believe the Guardian over the right-wing trash newspapers.

I don't believe either, and most British people are the same

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I posted reports from three people: one British, one Canadian, and one from Gaza, and they all said about the same thing. I tried to keep it short and to the point without digging up additional proof that you would just ignore anyway.

Even Wikipedia says that the Abbass emergency government is illegal. You won't hear that in the propaganda media. They all claim it the be the legitimate government. An obvious lie. I knew it was an illegal government before I saw that in Wikipedia.

This appointment has been challenged as illegal, because while the Palestinian Basic Law permits the president to dismiss a sitting prime minister, the appointment of a replacement requires the approval of the Legislative Council. The law provides that after removal of the prime minister (in this case, Ismail Haniyeh), the outgoing prime minister heads a caretaker government. The current Legislative Council, in which Hamas holds a majority of seats, has not approved the appointments of Fayyad or the balance of his new government. Fayyad's appointment was never placed before, or approved by it.[12] Haniyeh continues to operate as prime minister in Gaza, and is recognized by a large number of Palestinians as the legitimate acting prime minister. Anis al-Qasem, a constitutional lawyer who drafted the Basic Law, is among those who publicly declared the appointment of Fayyad to be illegal.[13] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salam_Fayyad

I could dig up some more if you are serious about learning something.

So where is the involvement of the US in an armed invasion mentioned, which is what you claimed

P F Tinmore, et al,

Ms Arraf, esq. is up in Albany (more a political animal and less of an attorney --- clearly knows nothing about nation building). Like many attorneys-at-law, she has fairly good speaking skills and choses her words wisely. Like all Americans, she has her opinion.

Who are the Palestinians?
Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Her presentation, especially with the baby in arms, is a carefully crafted theatrical performance designed to appeal to the emotion of the audience which was pro-Palestinian. But make no mistake, without becoming confrontational, she espouses the Palestinian concept that Palestinian (from the river to the sea) is her national identity.

KHAN YOUNIS (Alresalah.ps) Senior leader of Hamas Mahmoud al-Zahhar said all options are available to confront the Israeli occupation, including armed and popular resistance and resistance of boycott. ... ... ... Al-Zahhar stressed that the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) refuses a Palestinian state within the 1967 or 1948 territories, saying "Our policy is Palestine, all of Palestine". He explained that Palestine as a whole is a part of the Islamic dogma that is derived from the Holy Qura'an.

Speaking of relations with the Islamic Jihad, al-Zahhar confirmed that both movements cooperate at political, security, military, and syndicate levels. Political leaders meet continuously, said al-Zahhar. At military level, there is a full coordination between Hamas and the Islamic Jihad, added he.

Al-Zahhar expressed his aspirations that both movements would unit, alongside with other Palestinian parties, to confront the Israeli occupier.
This very important. This is a direction connection between HAMAS and another terrorist organization called the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. She advocate the same tenants that pro-HAMAS followers hold: the political position that "(T)here is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad."

No matter how cute she might look up on the stage, she holds some dangerous ideas that parallel those of the Islamic Resistance Movement.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

Ms Arraf, esq. is up in Albany (more a political animal and less of an attorney --- clearly knows nothing about nation building). Like many attorneys-at-law, she has fairly good speaking skills and choses her words wisely. Like all Americans, she has her opinion.

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Her presentation, especially with the baby in arms, is a carefully crafted theatrical performance designed to appeal to the emotion of the audience which was pro-Palestinian. But make no mistake, without becoming confrontational, she espouses the Palestinian concept that Palestinian (from the river to the sea) is her national identity.

KHAN YOUNIS (Alresalah.ps) Senior leader of Hamas Mahmoud al-Zahhar said all options are available to confront the Israeli occupation, including armed and popular resistance and resistance of boycott. ... ... ... Al-Zahhar stressed that the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) refuses a Palestinian state within the 1967 or 1948 territories, saying "Our policy is Palestine, all of Palestine". He explained that Palestine as a whole is a part of the Islamic dogma that is derived from the Holy Qura'an.

Speaking of relations with the Islamic Jihad, al-Zahhar confirmed that both movements cooperate at political, security, military, and syndicate levels. Political leaders meet continuously, said al-Zahhar. At military level, there is a full coordination between Hamas and the Islamic Jihad, added he.

Al-Zahhar expressed his aspirations that both movements would unit, alongside with other Palestinian parties, to confront the Israeli occupier.
This very important. This is a direction connection between HAMAS and another terrorist organization called the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. She advocate the same tenants that pro-HAMAS followers hold: the political position that "(T)here is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad."

No matter how cute she might look up on the stage, she holds some dangerous ideas that parallel those of the Islamic Resistance Movement.

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

What did she say that was incorrect?

P F Tinmore, et al,

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

Mass murder of children for starters, I wonder how you would react it her words were directed at Palestine and the palestinians

P F Tinmore, et al,

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

Mass murder of children for starters, I wonder how you would react it her words were directed at Palestine and the palestinians
Good question. When was the last time the Palestinians killed 500 children?

P F Tinmore, et al,

Did I say that. I think not.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

(COMMENT)

Her opinion implies some dangerous ideas that promote the continuation of conflict.

Her opinion suggest that to be Palestinian is to be from any place that was formerly under the Mandate for Palestine. Thus, instead of being an Arab of Israel, she is Palestinian. That is improper although eloquently argued. If you were born in Israel, you are a citizen of Israel with the nationality as law dictates. To be Palestinian, you must have been a citizen of the West Bank or Gaza Strip; or born prior to 1948 during the Administration of the Mandate. (BTW: Huwaida Arraf was born in Detroit --- American.)

Her opinion implies that she is a member of a minority class in Israel; arguing as if there is something wrong or illegal about that. It is a rare nation in the world that has the same number (equal proportions) of each ethnic constituents represented in the general population. Once you understand this, you can by logical extension, the absurdity of her argument. Of course their is going to be a majority aspect to a portion of the population. And, that means there will be a "minority." She is complaining that she is of a minority heritage. Well, somebody has to be the minority if that are not equal in numbers.

She points out that as a "Palestinian" she is subjected to extra security scrutiny at the Ben-Gurion Airport. As if that is a bad thing. The risk assessment suggests that given and Israeli and a Palestinian, the Palestinian is more likely to be a security threat to the aircraft and passengers that the Israeli. With the exception of Jewish Israeli named --- Israel Rabinowits --- how many Jewish suicide bombers have you heard of --- certainly none in the last 30 years (1983 was the last time). I can't find an example of a Jewish hijacker. But in scanning the List of Aircraft Hijackings, there are many many examples of Palestinians engaged in hijacking aircraft. People who identify with "Palestinians and the Palestinian Cause" are more likely to be a security threat than other ethnic groups.

She argue and by implication suggests that Israel being a "Jewish" State is somehow wrong. The San Remo Convention, the Mandate for Palestine, and the Resolution of November 1947 [A/RES/181(II)] all suggest otherwise; either in terms of the "Jewish National Home" or the "Jewish State." Whatever the State of Israel wants to call themselves is up to them. It is a domestic issue. Neither a crackpot attorney from the US --- nor the UN can challenge and change the internal decision.

Article 2(7) - Chapter I - UN Charter said:
7. Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state or shall require the Members to submit such matters to settlement under the present Charter; but this principle shall not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter VII.

Ms Arraf spent a lot of time on the topic of discrimination. Again, a domestic issues pertaining to laws enacted through the Knesset. But she also argues that laws and investigative responsibilities to pursue those people that provides material support or resources and functionally conceals or disguises the nature of the support to a terrorist or a terrorist organization. And by innuendo, suggests that this is malfeasant. The US knows quite well the consequences and impact of not pursuing those engaged in direct or indirect support to terrorist operations. By extension she is advocating that a Palestinian and a Jewish Citizen should be handled and considered to be the projecting the same level of threat --- thus given the same freedoms from scrutiny and access. If a Palestinian fits the profile and there is reasonable cause to suspect a terrorist connection, then of course they should be considered for investigation. In America, we call this "Probable Cause." And no matter a finely she wraps the argument around it, the persons suspected of illicit activity along those lines should be pursued and, if necessary, prosecuted. This is not a bad thing. This is how it is suppose to work.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

Good question. When was the last time the Palestinians killed 500 children?

Not that long ago when they provoked Israel into responding to violence and aggression that resulted in the deaths of over 500 children. Seems to be a bi-annual event with hamas to reduce their population, do they only use fatah neighbourhoods to fire rockets from.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Did I say that. I think not.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Huwaida Arraf
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What is dangerous?

(COMMENT)

Her opinion implies some dangerous ideas that promote the continuation of conflict.
How so?

Her opinion suggest that to be Palestinian is to be from any place that was formerly under the Mandate for Palestine.
Palestine was formerly under mandate.

So?
Thus, instead of being an Arab of Israel, she is Palestinian.
Isn't Arab a race and Palestinian a nationality? Why would they classify people by race unless they were racist. My ID does not list my race because where I live it doesn't matter.
That is improper although eloquently argued. If you were born in Israel, you are a citizen of Israel with the nationality as law dictates. To be Palestinian, you must have been a citizen of the West Bank or Gaza Strip; or born prior to 1948 during the Administration of the Mandate. (BTW: Huwaida Arraf was born in Detroit --- American.)

Her opinion implies that she is a member of a minority class in Israel; arguing as if there is something wrong or illegal about that.
Actually she said that Israel made Palestinians a minority in their own country. Remember, Palestinians are not immigrants. They were Palestinians who were living there before Israel.
It is a rare nation in the world that has the same number (equal proportions) of each ethnic constituents represented in the general population. Once you understand this, you can by logical extension, the absurdity of her argument. Of course their is going to be a majority aspect to a portion of the population. And, that means there will be a "minority." She is complaining that she is of a minority heritage. Well, somebody has to be the minority if that are not equal in numbers.

She points out that as a "Palestinian" she is subjected to extra security scrutiny at the Ben-Gurion Airport. As if that is a bad thing. The risk assessment suggests that given and Israeli and a Palestinian, the Palestinian is more likely to be a security threat to the aircraft and passengers that the Israeli. With the exception of Jewish Israeli named --- Israel Rabinowits --- how many Jewish suicide bombers have you heard of --- certainly none in the last 30 years (1983 was the last time). I can't find an example of a Jewish hijacker. But in scanning the List of Aircraft Hijackings, there are many many examples of Palestinians engaged in hijacking aircraft. People who identify with "Palestinians and the Palestinian Cause" are more likely to be a security threat than other ethnic groups.

She argue and by implication suggests that Israel being a "Jewish" State is somehow wrong. The San Remo Convention, the Mandate for Palestine, and the Resolution of November 1947 [A/RES/181(II)] all suggest otherwise; either in terms of the "Jewish National Home" or the "Jewish State." Whatever the State of Israel wants to call themselves is up to them. It is a domestic issue. Neither a crackpot attorney from the US --- nor the UN can challenge and change the internal decision.

Article 2(7) - Chapter I - UN Charter said:
7. Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state or shall require the Members to submit such matters to settlement under the present Charter; but this principle shall not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter VII.

Ms Arraf spent a lot of time on the topic of discrimination. Again, a domestic issues pertaining to laws enacted through the Knesset. But she also argues that laws and investigative responsibilities to pursue those people that provides material support or resources and functionally conceals or disguises the nature of the support to a terrorist or a terrorist organization. And by innuendo, suggests that this is malfeasant. The US knows quite well the consequences and impact of not pursuing those engaged in direct or indirect support to terrorist operations. By extension she is advocating that a Palestinian and a Jewish Citizen should be handled and considered to be the projecting the same level of threat --- thus given the same freedoms from scrutiny and access. If a Palestinian fits the profile and there is reasonable cause to suspect a terrorist connection, then of course they should be considered for investigation. In America, we call this "Probable Cause." And no matter a finely she wraps the argument around it, the persons suspected of illicit activity along those lines should be pursued and, if necessary, prosecuted. This is not a bad thing. This is how it is suppose to work.

Most Respectfully,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back