Who are the Israelis?

Last edited:
Weekly Torah Portion - 'Vayehi' - The Proper Diaspora Mindset and Each Tribe's Blessing

Baruch Gordon looks at why prophecy was taken from Ya'akov Avinu when he tried to share
the secret of the dates, and deduces what should be the mindset of a Jew in the Diaspora.

Last edited:

Israel's 2021 immigration numbers near pre-pandemic heights

Number of immigrants making Aliyah from Argentina, U.S., and France jump by a whopping 50%, 34%, and 41% respectively; increase attributed to changes made in Aliyah process, minister says

According to the minister, this marks a significant increase compared to 2020, which saw the number of people making Aliyah drop to 22,000, among other things due to the COVID pandemic.

"We are seeing a trend - especially in France and the U.S. where there is a spike in requests to make Aliya,” Tamano-Shata said and added that the ministry managed to surpass its goal of 25,000 new immigrants this year. According to the ministry, this year saw a 50% rise in the number of immigrants from Argentina compared to last year.

H1OB2WHX00_0_0_1280_852_0_large.jpg

Israeli Cultural Revolution - The Return of Aramaic to Life

Basically Aramaic is the 'subconscious' of Hebrew...

Last edited:
Ron Vaknin - 'Omed Basha'ar (Standing At The Gate)

I have heard that You are returning all the way
I have seen angels set the table for the King's son
Also seen a ladder of yearnings ascend and descend
I have heard winds soothing the leaves,
I have seen You, it's not an illusion

I have heard You returning,
I have seen the stars and the moon dance
They too know how to roll back over,
I have heard that the sun is essentially a shadow
I have seen a tower trembling and collapse

Thus come - we've been waiting for You too many years...
We've gone mad with no more patience left
Only going and degrading all the time
Thus come!

Yes come, there're no more tools left to break,
We don't know who is sane and the drunk
That falls into a cave for no reason,
Thus come, yes come...
- by 'Amir Benayoun.​

Last edited:

Yasmin Mo'alem - 'Effortless'
Mo'alem was born in Jerusalem, Israel, to a family of Mizrahi Jewish descent. She grew up in Portugal as well, for two years when she was a two-year-old baby. After her military service in the Israel Defense Forces in 2015, she studied
at music schools in London, England, in the United States, and the Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music
in Israel. In 2018, she competed in Rimon School's competition "Shirimon", performing "No'etzet Mabat",
by 'Omer Adam with a looper, and won first place.

Last edited:
SHAVU'A TOV FROM THE TEMPLE MOUNT!

Hannucah has ended, but Jews keep streaming to the Temple Mount in record numbers. Ascending in purity and praying to the Almighty in His chosen place - history is being made by the return of the people of Israel to the Temple Mount!

This Week Torah Portion 'Vayehi'- Jacob's last request from Joseph | Herzl’s Grandparents to Be Brought to Israel

'Do me this favour, place your hand under my thigh as a pledge of your steadfast loyalty: please do not bury me in Egypt. When I lie down with my fathers, take me up from Egypt and bury me in their burial-place.' He replied, 'I will do as you have spoken.' And he said, 'Swear to me.' And he swore to him. And Israel bowed at the head of the bed."

Theodor-Herzl-880x495.jpg

The president of the Republika Srpska of the Serbian Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina agreed on Monday to help exhume the bones of the grandfather and grandmother of Theodor Herzl, the father of modern political Zionism, and send them to Israel.

President Željka Cvijanović visited Mount Herzl earlier this week.

During the visit, Yaakov Hagoel, chairman of the World Zionist Organization, said that Herzl’s grandparents, from whom he drew his Zionist inspiration, were buried in her country, and asked the president to help bring their bones to Israel.

The town’s spiritual leader, Rabbi Yehuda Alkalai of Zemun, one of the forerunners of Zionism, influenced Herzl’s grandfather and guided him to the vision of political Zionism, which he then, evidently, passed on to his grandson.

The 10th of Tevet is a wakeup call - opinion

Asara Betevet is the only fast where the original rabbinic authorities were divided on which day the historical event should be commemorated. Should it be on the fifth of the month, when the actual siege on Jerusalem began, or on the 10th of Tevet, when news of the siege reached the people living in Babylonia?

There is a very significant difference between these two dates. Are we fasting to mark the siege itself or, rather, the day when the Jews in exile became aware of the fact that this had occurred and internalized the immense loss that it represented?

A second question worthy of consideration is why we would even choose to mark the beginning of the destruction of Jerusalem and not just the final destruction itself – which is already commemorated on Tisha Be’av.

There is an essential lesson to garner from both these questions.

Read more -

Jewish prayer at the Temple Mount doubles 100% during the 10th of Tevet - 'We came here to build the Temple'

VIDAXq.jpg

Today (Tuesday) was recorded twice the amount of special Jewish prayers on the date of 10th of Tevet.
The many prayer groups are organized today for the commemoration fast. The prayer included an
extended ending and blessings, in a special version for the Temple Mount.

The Ta'anit tractate study - last page at the Temple Mount

Last edited:

Forum List

Back