Who are the Israelis?

RE: Who are the Israelis?
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I admit I'm out of sync here. What is your context and intent?

All over the world the governments are out of step with their people.
(COMMENT)

I would consider this a positive sign pertaining to the practice of medicine in a secular manner.
• Do you not see it that way?​
• Do you see harm or reason why it should not be that way?​

1589969410040.png

Most Respectfully,
R
I just wonder what it would be like if the Israel government did not have a settler colonial policy.

67686915_994620370929832_8465523622956498944_n.jpg

Last edited:
Forever: An Ode to the People of Israel

Jerusalem U presents a powerful new Israel video about Jewish pride, Jewish belonging and Jewish beliefs from African-American poet Chloé Valdary: a leading new voice in the pro-Israel movement, a former Tikvah fellow at the Wall Street Journal, and one of Algemeiner’s top 100 people positively affecting Jewish life today.

This is what it means to be an indigenous people - belonging and surviving.

Chloe discusses what Israel means and has meant throughout the history of the Jewish people. We are an indigenous people - and here is what it means to people at the Western Wall praying, to people with Auschwitz tattoos, to people that have fought with every fiber of their beings for the Zionist movement. With her Israel poetry, she eloquently describes the significance of the Jewish homeland. Chloé is the Director of Partnerships and Outreach at Jerusalem U.

Muslim Arab singer poised to take Israeli pop scene by storm

Before hitting "play" on Amir Abu's latest single, it might give you the wrong impression. With a title like Balagan ("Chaos"), the first thing that comes to mind is a Middle Eastern upbeat pop song. But a few seconds into it, it turns out to be a ballad by an artist who defines himself as "sensitive." The "chaos" he is singing about is in his own heart.

Abu, a 26-year-old Muslim Arab, was born and raised in Beersheba and attended Jewish schools his entire life. He caught the music bug from his father, who plays the oud.

After appearing on a musical reality show that ended after only nine episodes, Abu recorded Arabic covers of Hebrew songs, made his own music videos, and put them online. His latest song, Balagan, features the two languages in which he has lived his entire life -- Arabic and Hebrew.

"This is the first song that I wrote together with my musical director, Nofar Makover, and it's really us," he says. "It focuses on chaos of the spirit. Feelings of confusion."

Some call him the "Arab 'Omer Adam [a popular Israeli artist]."

"It started with a cover I did of Omer Adam's Pa'am BaHayim ["Once in a Lifetime"]. People started to send me all sorts of [social media] stories of Omer was listening to it. He himself put the cover in his own story, and that started to spark interest among people in the industry. I turned out that I did another cover of an Omer song, and then I was interviewed in a few places and the headline was 'the Arab Omer Adam.' First of all, it was a compliment, because Omer is an amazing singer."

Asked what he thinks about the added word "Arab," he said, "In general, I think there's no need to categorize people. I'm here to make music, sing in Hebrew as well as Arabic, because that represents who I am: a Muslim Arab who lives in Beersheba. My Jewish friends never made me feel any different. I spoke Hebrew before I spoke Arabic. Sometimes I think in Hebrew, but I dream in Arabic.

"My parents raised me to think that we were no different from anyone else, and I never felt different. I went to a Jewish school and I never felt discrimination. I think it's a matter of what you project."

Last edited:
Israel’s Future Lies in the Negev

A fresh look at David Ben-Gurion’s grand vision for the Jewish state

Israel’s future depends on the Negev. The founder of the State of Israel did not just emphasize this, he also justified it from various verses in the Bible. In contrast to others, who had their sights set on the center of the country, he believed in a future for the desert.
In his famous speech on the Significance of the Negev in January 1955 he confirms, by using the Bible, why Israel must be committed without compromise to the restoration and revegetation, or cultivation, of the desert. We at Israel Today translated his speech. In doing so we became aware that the term Negev in English translations of the Bible is often exchanged and translated differently, for example with “south,” or just “wasteland” or “desert,” whereby the spiritual and political value of this desert gets lost.

David Ben-Gurion redressed this in his speech and presented it chronologically. His speech begins with the words: “The Negev is the cradle for our nation; on the one hand it is a dangerous weak point for the country, but on…

ben-gurion-negev.jpg

Watch: Talking basketball, Zionism and Judaism

Israeli NBA basketball player 'Omri Caspi's video podcast
with a fellow basketball star - Amar’e Stoudemire.

Michael Peretz, Avi Ben Yisrael and Yaniv Madar - Tzaholi Roni

A song written by Rabbi Ya'akov Abahtzeira for Shavu'ot.

Your News From Israel - May 31, 2020
  • Corona results amidst ease of restrictions
  • Mechina gap year project
  • Shooting death in Jerusalem
  • PA reacts to Arab cooperation with Israel
  • Israeli court ruling Australian sex offender fit for trial
  • Ancient cannabis use in archaeological site
  • New crop season in the Tavor vineyards in Galilee

Last edited:
In spite the Corona - Record number of requests for Aliyah from US and Canada

According to data of 'Nefesh B'Nefesh" organization there's a significant increase in immigration interest among the Jewish community in north America. Currently preparing to accept thousands

An all-time record in opening "immigration files" in one month in the US and Canada since the establishment of the "Nefesh B'Nefesh" organization in 2002, was recorded in May of this year. Among the US and Canadian Jews in May, most of them want to immigrate to Israel in the coming months.

Nefesh B'Nefesh noted that "the Corona has caused many of the American Jews to recalculate long-term plans." The Ministry of Immigration and Absorption, the Jewish Agency, JNF and JNF USA, is reporting a record number of applications submitted in one month since the organization was established.

Data shows that more than 800 households filed online immigration applications in May this year, compared with 424 in May 2019.

Also worth mentioning that there has been a change in the charachter of immigrant applicants - more families and households, compared to single people and pensioners - a reversal of the trend in recent years.

Rabbi Yehoshua Pes, founder and CEO of Nefesh B'Nefesh, said that "we have an extraordinary opportunity to realize the dream of thousands."

The organization is preparing for the arrival of thousands of immigrants who want to arrive in Israel this summer. Rabbi Pes said that "this is a real challenge because of the known limitations of flights and quarantine. To our delight, we find a listening ear in all the authorities that cooperate with us exceptionally, to help thousands who need to undergo a complicated bureaucratic process in an efficient and accelerated manner."

15909702441653_b.jpg

Miri Mesikah - Zahrah (Flower)

"Ana haifah aleic" is "I fear for You" in Arabic.
Written by Gusto Peretz Avraham Shim'on,
live at Moshiko Shtern FM.

Last edited:
Narkis - 'Olam Hadash

My eyes are a river of water
Broken my heart into two
How much have we went around till here
Show me please Your presence
I'll run after You inside a sea
I've heard Your Name
I feared so much
Hasn't the time come?

I will raise my eyes towards the mountains
Towards Him, towards Him
Heard will be my voice to distances
Certainly heard
Rise will the light
Revealed will be the radiance of our faces
Man his brothers will keep
Strengthen will our heart
Darkness will pass
Open then our eyes
Sun and remedy You are to me
New world

And all along that way
You are present more or less
I don't have the morning, I don't have night
And if You are not at the door
Where am I returning
I've searched enough
I've heard Your Name
I've seen the voices at the mountain
Will forever You forget?

I will raise my eyes towards the mountains
Towards Him, towards Him
Heard will be my voice to distances
Certainly heard
Rise will the light
Revealed will be the radiance of our faces
Man his brothers will keep
Strengthen will our hearts
To Your House will You return

This is the fourth year of the special YNET and Yediot Ahronot project "My life's creation".
Inspired by meeting the Huter family Narkis wrote a new song in the sign of hope for a new world and in prayer for eternal redemption.

Gavriel Huter, 17.5, was murdered by two terrorists, Islamic Jihad militants who were disguised as IDF soldiers in an attack on a Yeshiva in 'Otniel, in the south of Mount Hebron, he was a wise student and a special child in his sensitivity.

The meeting with Gavriel Huter's family left a deep impression on Narkis. An empowering family that has made grief an engine of aid and help, learning and giving.

"With fear of respect, with appreciation and humility I dedicate the song "New World" to Gavriel Huter's family. In his memory and in prayer for salvation. Amen and may we merit that this our world becomes truly a new world" - Narkis.

Last edited:
POWERFUL: New Immigrants Burst into Tears Arriving in Israel

The father of this family from Argentina couldn’t contain his emotions as he arrived in the Jewish people’s eternal homeland.

Immigrating to Israel, called “aliyah” in Hebrew, remains a dream for Jews around the world.
Increasingly, families are taking the plunge and turning their dreams into reality!

In this powerful clip, a father from Argentina cannot hide his emotions as he is welcomed to the Jewish state by singing youth and IDF soldiers.

Temple Mount Reopens: Hundreds of Jews Visit
Judaism’s Holiest Site

After a two-month closure due to the coronavirus pandemic,
the Temple Mount reopened on Sunday.

On Sunday morning, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem once again welcomed visitors after lockdown shuttered the site for over two months.

The location, Judaism’s holiest site, is where both Jewish Temples stood. The First Temple stood for 410 years until its destruction by the Babylonians. Seventy years later, the Second Temple was built and stood for 420 years until its destruction by the Romans in 70 AD.

While Israel legally controls the Temple Mount, it is administered by the Islamic Waqf. This Jordanian entity oversees the mosques Muslims built on the site and demands that all non-Muslims be banned from praying anywhere on the Temple Mount, a discriminatory prohibition that is frequently referred to as the “status quo.”

Notwithstanding the ban on Jewish prayer, hundreds of Israelis visited the Temple Mount on Sunday morning, while thousands of Muslims filled the site’s mosques for communal prayers.

When the gates were opened on Sunday, Muslims were filmed rushing in, shouting “with blood and spirit we will redeem the Al-Aqsa Mosque,” TPS reported. Eight Muslims were arrested for incitement.

Jewish activists reportedly prayed during the visit to protest the ban on non-Muslim prayers.

F200531SK13-890x400.jpg

Last edited:
11845072_10153547222046602_1814628173159991997_o.jpg

Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting and Analysis - CAMERA
10 hrs ·
"The killing of George Floyd has absolutely nothing to do with Jews or Israel, and those in the media or elsewhere insisting on connecting the former with the latter are not driven by the desire for justice. Rather, it represents a reflection of their own biases and personal moral blind-spots. As Matti Friedman has written, 'the Jews of Israel are the screen onto which it has become socially acceptable to project the things you hate about yourself and your own country'. The international press has become, he added, 'the tool through which this psychological projection is executed'."
A Guardian article by Jerusalem correspondent Oliver Holmes ('Palestinian lives matter': Israeli police killing of autistic man draws US comparison, June 1) leg

CAMERA-UK.ORG

Guardian exploits George Floyd killing to vilify Israel
A Guardian article by Jerusalem correspondent Oliver Holmes ('Palestinian lives matter': Israeli police killing of autistic man draws US comparison, June 1) leg

11845072_10153547222046602_1814628173159991997_o.jpg

Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting and Analysis - CAMERA
10 hrs ·
"The killing of George Floyd has absolutely nothing to do with Jews or Israel, and those in the media or elsewhere insisting on connecting the former with the latter are not driven by the desire for justice. Rather, it represents a reflection of their own biases and personal moral blind-spots. As Matti Friedman has written, 'the Jews of Israel are the screen onto which it has become socially acceptable to project the things you hate about yourself and your own country'. The international press has become, he added, 'the tool through which this psychological projection is executed'."

CAMERA-UK.ORG

Guardian exploits George Floyd killing to vilify Israel

Of course, they're trying to do it about skin color.
But the irony is that Eyad, compared to most officers in the Magav unit,
doesn't have much dark skin, or for that matter even much Arab complexion.

This inter-sectionality politics or racial hierarchy is literally blowing in their face now.

Last edited:
First International Dead Sea Photo Competition Attracts Global Attention

In honor of 50 years of Earth Day this year, an Israeli-led photo competition by photojournalist and Dead Sea activist Noam Bedein garnered global attention with nearly 9.1 million votes, casted for 3,500 photographers hailing from more than 40 countries around the world.

From Earth Day on April 22 until May 21, more than 13,000 photos were submitted for the photo competition of the Dead Sea, which was initiated to help preserve the memory of the shrinking wonder of the world that spans both Israel and Jordan. According to Bedein, the competition represents a new way to “bring the Dead Sea back to life” by sharing photos that portray the “essence and beauty” of the sea, “the joy it brings to those who visit it,” as well as a way to “illustrate the dramatic changes and environmental challenges it faces.”

Dead-Sea-Cave-696x392.jpg

Last edited:
The Revolt Of The Former Dhimmis

What many don't know is that most Israelis are refugees from Africa and Middle East,
fleeing Arab pogroms and persecution in countries that came under Muslim rule,
their community, parents and grandparents were literally - former dhimmis.

And no this wasn't in response to Zionism, rather a review of the norm,
persisting for centuries that the community had to face as a minority,
up until the Damascus Affair - when Jews started uprising.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back