Who are the GOP Intellectuals, if any?

Will you stop already?

Robert Gates is a Conservative..so is Colin Powell. So is Jim Baker..so is Alan Greenspan..

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Seriously, it's a good question. I guess David Brooks, George Will, Thomas Sowell, for starters might qualify as 'intellectual' conservatives, in some sense.

That's the baseball writer I was referring to earlier that comes on the ABC Sunday show...George "MFing" Will...pretty hacky MFer.

David Brooks is less of a hack.

Both are RW intellectuals...I don't always cringe when I hear them speak, maybe 50/50.

David Brooks? Palease.

Soggy is such a Far RW reactionary fringer he wouldn't recognize a true RW Intellectual if they bitchslapped him in the face.

:lol:
lol

Soggy is such a Far RW reactionary fringer he wouldn't recognize a true RW Intellectual if they bitchslapped him in the face.

:lol:
lol

No, I don't recognize what you consider an intellectual. Case in point, that pointy headed dunderhead residing at 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue that is plunging this country into third-world status at breakneck speed.

The RW doesn't require intellectuals. Our positions are based on time honored traditions and what we know to be Right, so there is really very little need for intellectuals in the movement.

Going back to Ronald Reagan, he was a "B" movie actor.

Then you had A lister, Arnold, probably an even better actor than Ron, but an alien, can't be president.

Then you have bathing suit runway walker Sarah Palin.

Then there is "nude centerfold magazine model", Scott Brown.

Don't forget "talk show host" and "comic" and "strummer", Mike Huckabee.

Now there is reality TV show star Donald Trump.

When I see GOP, I think of these as the "intellectual heavy hitters". If not them, then who?

teapartysamurai, bucs90, and CaliforniaGirl.

The USMB conservative braintrust.

Together, they make up an entire "half-wit".

aw come on Dean,think of your own material.....did not someone say this about you and Mr Shamen the other day?.....

Then you had A lister, Arnold, probably an even better actor than Ron, but an alien, can't be president.

When I see GOP, I think of these as the "intellectual heavy hitters". If not them, then who?

I'm not sure who they are, but they represent 6% of all Scientists.

I think PEW research may be wrong. If the USMB is any indication, the 6% number may be vastly over stated.

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

528-12.gif

oh Christ ....thanks X.....now you got him started on this Shit again.....:eusa_eh:

I'm not sure who they are, but they represent 6% of all Scientists.

I think PEW research may be wrong. If the USMB is any indication, the 6% number may be vastly over stated.

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

528-12.gif

oh Christ ....thanks X.....now you got him started on this Shit again.....:eusa_eh:

I love these leftist Neanderthals... they can't balance a checkbook or make a buck... but damn they're smart!

I'm not sure which is more breathtaking: the elitism inherent in rdean's assumption that actors, beautiful women, and handsome men can't POSSIBLY be intellectuals, or the hypocrisy inherent in ANY liberal belittling the intelligence of actors when they're constantly touting their environmental and social programs based on the backing of and support by movie stars. Can anyone say "Janeane Garofalo and Leonardo diCaprio" out there?

After Buckley passed there are few to none. I don't consider the Fox-employed Kristol an intellectual because he founded the PNAC (he's a neocon)

I wouldn't bother asking a mouthbreather like rdean this, but would you mind telling me what your criteria for "intellectual" are, and exactly who ON THE LEFT fits it and why? I'd just like to know what the basic standard of measurement is here.

Is this where we are today spending time on that old school yard taunt....?

My Daddy can beat up your Daddy.....Geez:lol:

Seriously, it's a good question. I guess David Brooks, George Will, Thomas Sowell, for starters might qualify as 'intellectual' conservatives, in some sense.

That's the baseball writer I was referring to earlier that comes on the ABC Sunday show...George "MFing" Will...pretty hacky MFer.

David Brooks is less of a hack.

Both are RW intellectuals...I don't always cringe when I hear them speak, maybe 50/50.

David Brooks? Palease.

David Brooks is a right-winger like I'm the national president of NOW.

Forum List

Back