Who are the Democrat Intellectuals, if any?

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Going back to Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia (KKK), he played a Confederate General.

Then you had Algore, probably an even better actor than Byrd, but screwed the pooch on any integrity he had at all when he made that global warming hoax movie.

Sheila Jackson Lee once claimed that we planted a flag on Mars.

Then there are cable hosts Bill Mahr and John Stewart whom Liberals depend upon for their serious news, "comedy shows" with writers.

When I see Democrats, I think of these as the "intellectual heavy hitters". If not them, then who?

Going back to Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia (KKK), he played a Confederate General.

Then you had Algore, probably an even better actor than Byrd, but screwed the pooch on any integrity he had at all when he made that global warming hoax movie.

Then there are cable hosts Bill Mahr and John Stewart whom Liberals depend upon for their serious news, "comedy shows" with writers.

When I see Democrats, I think of these as the "intellectual heavy hitters". If not them, then who?

How very embarrassing for them with all that overwhelming brain power they continue to have their ass's handed to them by the intellectually inferior.....Sad times indeed

Rep. Diane Watson???

"It was just mentioned to me by the esteemed speaker, 'did anyone say anything about the Cuban health system?' And let me tell you before you say, 'Oh, it's communist,' you need to (go) down there and see what Fidel Castro put in place...Now, you think whatever you want to about Fidel Castro but he was one of the brightest leaders I have ever met."

Cynthia McKinney? "Hear that, Bill Clinton? We are all supporters of Hamas ... I wish they added that I am also a supporter of Hezbollah."

No, seriously, my fav is the former Senator from my state, NY, Daniel Patrick Moynihan....

Brilliant.

So brillilant, that many Democrats scorned him.

"Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who died in March 2003, was one of the most compelling American figures of the 20th century. He was a brilliant and irascible contrarian who managed nevertheless to bestride establishment halls as Harvard professor, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and United States Senator. A lifelong Democrat with what may be fairly called conservative instincts about many social issues, he was one of the original neoconservatives at a time when that term still meant something. As is well appreciated among those who knew him, he defied every category, straddled every boundary, transcended every limit seemingly placed before him."
Labor Pains - Daniel Patrick Moynihan - The American Interest Magazine

Rep. Diane Watson???

"It was just mentioned to me by the esteemed speaker, 'did anyone say anything about the Cuban health system?' And let me tell you before you say, 'Oh, it's communist,' you need to (go) down there and see what Fidel Castro put in place...Now, you think whatever you want to about Fidel Castro but he was one of the brightest leaders I have ever met."

You don't get out much do you? People are bright leaders when people want to follow them, that is not the case in Cuba. Castro created a hell hole in Cuba and you have the nerve to call in a great leader. Where did you go to school?

Rep. Diane Watson???

You don't get out much do you? People are bright leaders when people want to follow them, that is not the case in Cuba. Castro created a hell hole in Cuba and you have the nerve to call in a great leader. Where did you go to school?

I don't get out much???

Haha... you all are so SILLY! You are fighting yourselves, don't you see? All this partisan bickering and kindgerten-style name calling is pretty hilarious. Sincerely, I thank you all for the laugh :))

Rep. Diane Watson???

The quotation mark - ".

Get to know it.

:lol:

Hank Johnson is truly a Bright Light of Intellectual Luminosity among the Dems.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]YouTube - 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv[/ame]

Um, well, now wait....a sec.... my man Byrd was merely supportive of KKK, Hitler 'the main man' who many wiser than us peoples claim to be a Genius was who he was and did what he did... Really? Does levels of humanity come into 'it all' when one is discussing intellect?

I would consider this guy an intellectual..

NJ congressman tops 'Jeopardy' computer Watson - Yahoo! News

Find me one Republican in congress that could do that..
No doubt "Watson" is tough to beat no matter yer' political leanings. But in the article it says that "Holt played the first round along with Rep. Bill Cassidy, a Louisiana Republican. At the end of the round, Holt had earned $8,600 to Watson's $6,200."

So did they play together or separately?

Plus, you do know that this is a parody thread right? I'd bet Watson would know that! :lol:

Last edited:
I would consider this guy an intellectual..

NJ congressman tops 'Jeopardy' computer Watson - Yahoo! News

Find me one Republican in congress that could do that..
No doubt "Watson" is tough to beat no matter yer' political leanings. But in the article it says that "Holt played the first round along with Rep. Bill Cassidy, a Louisiana Republican. At the end of the round, Holt had earned $8,600 to Watson's $6,200."

So did they play together or separately?

Plus, you do know that this is a parody thread right? I'd bet Watson would know that! :lol:

I know, I saw the other thread.

To your point:

Democratic New Jersey Rep. Rush Holt was the sole competitor to beat IBM supercomputer "Watson" in a mock Capitol Hill exhibition of "Jeopardy!" Monday night, beating out Reps. Bill Cassidy (R.-La.), Jared Polis (D.-Colo.), Jim Himes (D.-Conn.) and Nan Hayworth (R.-N.Y.) -- all of who were trounced by the machine -- as well as the computer itself.

Rep. Rush Holt beats "Watson" in Jeopardy! challenge - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Compared with Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck, Bill Maher and John Stewart ARE intellectuals.

They actually are intellectuals....who happen to be VERY funny and VERY successful comedians.

I thought it odd that they often were quoted as if they were policy makers. When I realized the right accepted hate media personalities as policy makers, I became more willing to accept Maher and Stewart. The difference is, as you mentioned, Maher's and Stewart's actual ability. Among the right wing commentators I mentioned, neither Limbaugh nor Beck graduated from college. Hannity dropped-out. That doesn't speak well for their ability to speak comprehensively on the problems we face. On the other hand both Stewart and Maher graduated from college and Maher had a double major. Intellectually, the left wins the battle.

Forum List

Back