Who are the 47% who pay no federal taxes?

The bottom line when all is said and done is that no matter what the reason or situation, the country can not have nearly half it's population being supported by the rest. It's unsustainable. All day long, back and forth, who comprises it, who needs it, who doesn't deserve it, who pays taxes, who doesn't....

The whole point being missed is as plain as the nose of one's face. It can't continue.

This is part of the Conservative argument that I don't understand

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

How exactly, are you supporting them?

I bet the majority of the 47% that Willard claims are depending on handouts and not paying taxes are GOP voters,..

Seriously? Because the billionaires are already paying a shit load multiplied by the average taxpayer and half the population pays nothing. If you're wife put out more than mine did, is your wife obligated to give me a little too?
Its not true that half the population pays nothing.

Almost 1/2 the adult citizenry pays nothing in federal income tax.... this is true

And when you bring up the typical "they pay other taxes", well guess what, so do those who actually do pay federal income tax...

Let them argue all night. They will never admit the truth or face reality. They are so seeped in their entitlement mentality that they see the world through rose-colored glasses.

I can picture rightwinger now scrambling through Google trying to prove that's he's right

It's like banging one's head against the wall trying to use plain common sense here.

Last edited:
I have been saying this since the start!

:clap2::clap2:

I hear you. I must have posted it 3 times today. The "opposition" only wants to hear what they have to say along with their spin on it.

I hear Romney loud and clear and I have no reason to vote for him except that he is white.:eusa_shifty:

Do you think anyone here cares who you're voting for? Your self importance here is highly overstated. You are a legend in your own mind.

FAIL on the racism angle as well! It's not about race...but about fiscal reality!

Last edited:
Seriously? Because the billionaires are already paying a shit load multiplied by the average taxpayer and half the population pays nothing. If you're wife put out more than mine did, is your wife obligated to give me a little too?
Its not true that half the population pays nothing.

Pop another ritalin and try to focus. INCOME TAX!!! Would it help if we took a hammer and pounded that term into your head?
YOUR WORDS, JACKASS:
"...half the population pays nothing. "

If you MEAN they "pay no federal INCOME tax" - then SAY that. Stop writing words that don't mean what you say.

The bottom line when all is said and done is that no matter what the reason or situation, the country can not have nearly half it's population being supported by the rest. It's unsustainable. All day long, back and forth, who comprises it, who needs it, who doesn't deserve it, who pays taxes, who doesn't....

The whole point being missed is as plain as the nose of one's face. It can't continue.

This is part of the Conservative argument that I don't understand

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

How exactly, are you supporting them?

The working poor are paying their share. It's the illegal immigrants, welfare, disability bums & ultra rich who are blowing the whole in the deficit. This is creating an additional inflation tax that hits the poor & retired the hardest.

Share_of_Federal_Revenue_from_Different_Tax_Sources_(Individual,_Payroll,_and_Corporate)_1950_-_2010.gif

Last edited:
Illegal aliens received 4.2 billion in tax refund
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/oct/29/gallegly-us-magnet-illegal-immigrants-paid-42/

According to President Obama's own Treasury Department, 2.3 million illegal immigrants who paid no income taxes in 2010 nevertheless received $4.2 billion in tax refunds.

----

In the year of 2007, legal and illegal aliens cost the federal government more than $346 BILLION dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $ 9,000.00 for each immigrant in the country!
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

Illegal aliens received 4.2 billion in tax refund
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/oct/29/gallegly-us-magnet-illegal-immigrants-paid-42/

According to President Obama's own Treasury Department, 2.3 million illegal immigrants who paid no income taxes in 2010 nevertheless received $4.2 billion in tax refunds.

----

In the year of 2007, legal and illegal aliens cost the federal government more than $346 BILLION dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $ 9,000.00 for each immigrant in the country!
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

Tax credits are paid even if the taxpayer has no taxable income.

Read more: Gallegly: U.S. magnet: Illegal immigrants paid $4.2 billion » Ventura County Star
- vcstar.com

Depends on the credit. THe author of the article is stupid.

They paid more in taxes than they get in benefits:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-20/local/29470037_1_sales-taxes-tax-revenue-property-taxes

Isn't it funny that the only people who are bent out of shape over what Romney said were the exact people he was referring to. I'm sure people who aren't Republicans who are sick of people profiteering off the work of others through entitlements, will most likely agree with exactly what Romney said. I think it's high time people start being honest about this fleecing of the Working Class to prop up entitlement programs so some Politician can buy a few more Votes with our Tax Dollars.

Romney did not say he was talking about all the people who pay no federal income tax. He said that 47 percent of Americans had an entitlement mentality and would vote for Obama no matter what.

While there may be some overlap between those two groups, they are separate demographic groups.

He is saying Obama has a lock on 47 percent of the necessary 51 percent needed to win an election.

The election is therefore determined by the narrow band of swing voters, and that is who he must focus his efforts on capturing. There is no point wasting his time on the 47 percent who are madly in love with Obama.

This also implies that Romney believes he has a lock on his own 47 percent of the vote as well. So the battle will be over the remaining 6 percent.

And he was absolutely right. The problem is not what he said... it is the intellectual capacity of idiots and liars.

Isn't it funny that the only people who are bent out of shape over what Romney said were the exact people he was referring to.

I actually pay a higher rate of taxation than Romney.

So you're wrong.

Again, who's fault is it that Romney pays less tax than you? His? No. The federal government.... that would be Obama.

Blaming those who pay less than you is like blaming the victim of crime. Nonsensical.

Isn't it funny that the only people who are bent out of shape over what Romney said were the exact people he was referring to.

So you're wrong.

Again, who's fault is it that Romney pays less tax than you? His? No. The federal government.... that would be Obama.

Blaming those who pay less than you is like blaming the victim of crime. Nonsensical.

So because Romney didn't write the tax code ... what? I'm one of the 47% that don't pay taxes? His not writing the tax code has caused me to not be a taxpayer? I don't get your argument. I do pay taxes and I do pay a higher rate than Romney and I resent the fact that a man paying a lower tax rate than me has the nerve to accuse basically the entire party I vote with of not paying taxes.

Even if they get no check from government and contribute nothing to it, they are getting free roads, military, courts, ... No one should pay no taxes. It's the ultimate in pitting one group of citizens against another, those with a stake in paying for our government and those who at best contribute nothing to it.

That is what I wanted to hear

Why is it that when we ask billionaires to pay a greater burden for roads, military and courts....Conservatives go nutz

Yet they have no reservations in asking families that are struggling to provide food, shelter and healthcare to kick in more

Because what you're advocating is redistribution. Because they are wealthy they should pay more by default...WRONG! They pay what they are legally required to pay. Just because a little shit like you resents their wealth they aren't here for your pleasure or convenience. They didn't work or earn their money in order to have the government tell them how to spend it. Write a check if you're so concerned. Ask Buffett to write one too. He whines about the rich not paying their fair share but he never reaches for his checkbook. Why?... because he paid what was legally required of him.

You just answered yourself!

Yup....we are looking for a redistribution of the tax burden to where it was thirty years ago. When we had a solid middle class, when working Americans had affordable housing, healthcare, education. When wages kept up with inflation.......When the top one percent did not control 70percent of the wealth

So you're wrong.

If he were to become president....yes, it would be his fault

Not only does he take advantage of the code, but he wants it rewritten to be more in his favor

So you're wrong.

So because Romney didn't write the tax code ... what? I'm one of the 47% that don't pay taxes? His not writing the tax code has caused me to not be a taxpayer? I don't get your argument. I do pay taxes and I do pay a higher rate than Romney and I resent the fact that a man paying a lower tax rate than me has the nerve to accuse basically the entire party I vote with of not paying taxes.

His taxes have nothing to do with your taxes. He pays what he is required by law to pay... just like you, and me, and pretty much everyone else - beside democrat politicians (who seemingly are above the tax laws).... His rate is nothing to do with him. So, unless you can provide evidence that he should have paid more and broke the law in order to get out of paying... you have no fucking point. This is not fucking rocket science... all your petty partisan whining will not change the fact that he has done nothing wrong.

It's this fucking double standard of the left - again. Your own fucking politicians lie and cheat and you say nothing. Romney... has done nothing (at least you have provided no actual evidence of any wrong doing) and you're whining like a stuck fucking pig.

So you're wrong.

If he were to become president....yes, it would be his fault

Not only does he take advantage of the code, but he wants it rewritten to be more in his favor

Every fucking wealthy person 'takes advantage' of the code... they pay individuals to lessen their tax bill.... and you say nothing. You say nothing when your own fucking politicians cheat and lie on their tax returns... quite the opposite, you 'mattel doll dems' (pull the string and they'll chatter the standard responses)... you chatter the standard responses.

You're a bunch of fucking borg without a brain between you.

His taxes have nothing to do with your taxes. He pays what he is required by law to pay... just like you, and me, and pretty much everyone else - beside democrat politicians (who seemingly are above the tax laws).... His rate is nothing to do with him. So, unless you can provide evidence that he should have paid more and broke the law in order to get out of paying... you have no fucking point. This is not fucking rocket science... all your petty partisan whining will not change the fact that he has done nothing wrong.

It's this fucking double standard of the left - again. Your own fucking politicians lie and cheat and you say nothing. Romney... has done nothing (at least you have provided no actual evidence of any wrong doing) and you're whining like a stuck fucking pig.

Huh? How does any of that change the fact that I pay a higher rate than him?

The 47 percent: Here's who pays no federal income tax - Economy Watch

Just who are the 47 percent?

The Tax Policy Center researchers found that about half of the group is basically exempt from federal income taxes because they are low income and also may have a large family.

In a blog released not long after its report, the TPC explained that "a couple with two children earning less than $26,400 will pay no federal income tax this year because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 each reduce their taxable income to zero."

The other half are zeroing out their federal income tax bill with other provisions, such as itemized deductions or the child tax credit. Some are seniors who are living off Social Security.

To be clear, the people in this group are still paying taxes. They are subject to payroll taxes for things like Medicare and Social Security, federal excise taxes on things like gasoline and state and local taxes including sales taxes on items they purchase.

Not everyone who pays no federal income tax is in the lower income brackets. A separate report released last spring by the Internal Revenue Service found more than 35,000 people who made more than $200,000 in 2009 also managed to zero out their tax bills. That report noted that it generally takes a number of different credits and deductions for wealthy people to not pay any federal income taxes.
If those on the left are going to include other taxes in the tax narrative, then you MUST make those same claims when mentioning the wealthy and their tax burden.
This idea of throwing on payroll taxes is false. Retirees do not work, therefore there are no payroll taxes. Low income people pay very little if any payroll taxes and have little spending power, so their sales tax burden is lower. Lower income people tend to shop at flea markets and garage sales. Cash economy. No taxes.
The issue here is not who pays income taxes. The issue here is the millions who receive federal and state assistance. There are people in these numbers that absolutely DO believe they are entitled to their checks. Not only that, they believe that government is there to serve their every need. These people will at a rate of 100% cast their vote for those who insure the checks keep coming.
Romney's comments are Spot ON.
Are there people on public assistance who do not want to be in that situation? You bet. However if asked who they want to keep in office, they will say the people that protect their social safety net.

Huh? How does any of that change the fact that I pay a higher rate than him?

Then write your Congressmen and have them work to get Tax code changed... Until then, hire someone to find you loopholes in Tax code that you can exploit, and enjoy your menial life as a member of the 47 percentile. And one more thing: An Inside Look At The Millions Mitt Romney Has Given Away - Forbes

Romney did not say he was talking about all the people who pay no federal income tax. He said that 47 percent of Americans had an entitlement mentality and would vote for Obama no matter what.

While there may be some overlap between those two groups, they are separate demographic groups.

He is saying Obama has a lock on 47 percent of the necessary 51 percent needed to win an election.

The election is therefore determined by the narrow band of swing voters, and that is who he must focus his efforts on capturing. There is no point wasting his time on the 47 percent who are madly in love with Obama.

This also implies that Romney believes he has a lock on his own 47 percent of the vote as well. So the battle will be over the remaining 6 percent.

Well stated.

Forum List

Back