Who are the 47% who pay no federal taxes?

The bottom line when all is said and done is that no matter what the reason or situation, the country can not have nearly half it's population being supported by the rest. It's unsustainable. All day long, back and forth, who comprises it, who needs it, who doesn't deserve it, who pays taxes, who doesn't....

The whole point being missed is as plain as the nose of one's face. It can't continue.

This is part of the Conservative argument that I don't understand

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

How exactly, are you supporting them?

Even if they get no check from government and contribute nothing to it, they are getting free roads, military, courts, ... No one should pay no taxes. It's the ultimate in pitting one group of citizens against another, those with a stake in paying for our government and those who at best contribute nothing to it.

That is what I wanted to hear

Why is it that when we ask billionaires to pay a greater burden for roads, military and courts....Conservatives go nutz

Yet they have no reservations in asking families that are struggling to provide food, shelter and healthcare to kick in more

Medicare and Social Security are like insurance programs

They are nothing like insurance programs. Insurance programs collect premiums which are then invested to pay out the insured.

And most insurance companies invest most of your premiums in obgliations of the U.S. Treasury.
No money is saved for medicare and social security. The money is collected and spent and then future taxpayers have to come up with the money to pay them
Future taxpayers also have to come up with the money to pay for the U.S. Treasury oblgiations invested in by private insurance companies. So what's your point?

Which becomes less and less viable as there are fewer and fewer workers per retiree.
And that's a fact a private issuer of annuities and health insurance can avoid?

Last edited:
The roads are paid for mostly by gasoline taxes, shit for brains. The poor don't get exempted from that. Fuck your'e stupid.

Directly, they used to be, but fewer and fewer projects are funded by gas taxes. And there are a plethora of other costs, like military, that are not paid from gasoline as well. Fuck you're ignorant.

No one should pay no taxes.

They don't pay "no taxes", shit for brains. Anyone who participates at all in the economy winds up paying some taxes.
Word parsing, the domain of losers who know they're losing.

It's the ultimate in pitting one group of citizens against another, those with a stake in paying for our government and those who at best contribute nothing to it.
Why do you insistent on fomenting class warefare based on falsehoods?

Yeah. Read the threads from you and your homeys, it's all over the site, it's all over the media. Read this thread, dimwit.

OK

Now we are getting somewhere

The 47% are not in fact being supported by the rest of us. However, they are not contributing to the Military, FBI, courts, congress etc

What that means is that our tax system acknowledges that they have a hard enough time paying for food, shelter and housing for their families and asking them to pay for the military, federal law enforcement etc is an unnecessary burden

Uh... if they are not paying for the services, and not paying for the very programs that they are probably receiving benefit from.. then yes, the rest are indeed supporting them

What that means is that currently we have and you support a system of unequal treatment WHEN IT BENEFITS YOU OR YOUR CAUSE....

If something is necessary for the government to do, it is indeed everyone's burden... not just a select few that you choose to target so that they can pay your burden for you

And again

It demonstrates that you are not supporting these people. You pay for federal programs that they do not.

Our tax code merely acknowleges that people who are struggling to support their families should not have to pay to support things like the military.

However, those of us who have the financial security net to adequately care for our families are expected to pay for those federal programs

Seems fair to me

uh-huh......until those not paying start demanding that those who are paying pay even more and call the increase a "fair share". See why that might piss them off?

The roads are paid for mostly by gasoline taxes, shit for brains. The poor don't get exempted from that. Fuck your'e stupid.

Directly, they used to be, but fewer and fewer projects are funded by gas taxes. And there are a plethora of other costs, like military, that are not paid from gasoline as well. Fuck you're ignorant.

Well shit then, we should find the people making 20k a year with 2 kids and take 2k a year from them to pay for that stuff I guess, is that what you're saying? And we'll do it all while running on a "low taxes" platform.

You said they pay "no taxes" - those are your exact words.

Medicare and Social Security are like insurance programs

They are nothing like insurance programs. Insurance programs collect premiums which are then invested to pay out the insured.

And most insurance companies invest most of your premiums in obgliations of the U.S. Treasury.

Most? I'd ask for a link but since you made it up I won't bother. Only a politician could create an asset by loaning money to themselves. Seriously, you insult me endlessly and you don't know the difference between money you loan to someone who has to pay you back and money you loan to yourself. Hey, I loaned myself a million dollars, I'm a millionaire! I mean sure, I OWE myself a mil, but I'm owed a mil by myself. I'm going to increase my credit card limit and spend it! Or I would, if my name were O-B-A-M-A...

Well shit then, we should find the people making 20k a year with 2 kids and take 2k a year from them to pay for that stuff I guess, is that what you're saying? And we'll do it all while running on a "low taxes" platform.

I didn't propose a tax rate. I'm just saying their tax bill should not be zero. Read your posts and your crony friend's without a gimme agenda and you'll grasp why.

You said they pay "no taxes" - those are your exact words.

Those were my exact words, and the subject was income taxes. Actually I support the fair tax, but I'm referring to if we keep the current system. If people pay something, anything, they feel some investment in how the money's spent. All over the board, liberals are showing you have zero investment in how much money is wasted.

They pay Social Security and Medicare

Which federal benefits are they recieving that you say they are not paying for?

If you have a family of four and make $25,000. What federal benefits are you getting that you don't pay for?

Medicare and Social Security are like insurance plans that you pay a premium into. You receive the benefit down the road. That is totally different from what income tax pays for. For all the thinks the income tax pays for, those not paying any are reaping the benefit from those who paid. Everyone should have skin in the game. Why should it cost me $100 to go to a pro football game, Romney $1000 and you get to attend for free?

Medicare and Social Security are like insurance programs. They are also are TAXES under the 16th amendment.

What the fuck does this have to do with pro-football games? Did anyone suggest government buy pro-football and sell the tickets on an income based sliding scale? Did you just make that one up entirely out of thin air to illustrate the point you don't have?

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to "get it". Visit with your junior high civics teacher tomorrow and she'll be happy to explain it to you. If you're in Chicago, call the mayors office since your teachers aren't in.

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

Even if they get no check from government and contribute nothing to it, they are getting free roads, military, courts, ... No one should pay no taxes. It's the ultimate in pitting one group of citizens against another, those with a stake in paying for our government and those who at best contribute nothing to it.

Why is it that when we ask billionaires to pay a greater burden for roads, military and courts....Conservatives go nutz

Yet they have no reservations in asking families that are struggling to provide food, shelter and healthcare to kick in more

Because what you're advocating is redistribution. Because they are wealthy they should pay more by default...WRONG! They pay what they are legally required to pay. Just because a little shit like you resents their wealth they aren't here for your pleasure or convenience. They didn't work or earn their money in order to have the government tell them how to spend it. Write a check if you're so concerned. Ask Buffett to write one too. He whines about the rich not paying their fair share but he never reaches for his checkbook. Why?... because he paid what was legally required of him.

You just answered yourself!

Last edited:

Seriously? Because the billionaires are already paying a shit load multiplied by the average taxpayer and half the population pays nothing. If you're wife put out more than mine did, is your wife obligated to give me a little too?

Most? I'd ask for a link but since you made it up I won't bother.

Inside the U.S., private investors hold nearly $1 trillion in federal debt, while mutual funds, insurance companies and state and local governments hold nearly double that amount.

Read more: US debt tops $16 trillion: So who do we owe most of that money to? | Fox News

Guess what happens when U.S. insurance companies have to dip into their reserves to pay claims by trading in their U.S. debt for cash? Who is on the hook for that?

Only a politician could create an asset by loaning money to themselves. Seriously, you insult me endlessly and you don't know the difference between money you loan to someone who has to pay you back and money you loan to yourself. Hey, I loaned myself a million dollars, I'm a millionaire! I mean sure, I OWE myself a mil, but I'm owed a mil by myself. I'm going to increase my credit card limit and spend it! Or I would, if my name were O-B-A-M-A...
Yeah, right, it was Obama who set up the Social Security system the way it is now. You're such an idiot.

Your question has two major issues:

#1) I didn't say the bottom need to pay our way out of this mess, I said they have to pay something.

#2) You make it sound like I'm saying the rich shouldn't pay more than others. They do. Way more. The top 1% earn 20% of income and pay 40% of taxes. The top 5% pay 60% of taxes. The bottom 50% pay zero. That I don't think it's fair to dump more on them being portrayed as I don't want them to pay any taxes is ridiculous and I've seen that explained to you a hundred times. I've explained it to you a hundred times. Also, taxing the rich is a pure jobs killer. You may have noticed our economy has a problem there.

We have ... wait for it ... a ... wait for it ... SPENDING ... problem. I think everyone should pay something, no matter how small. Rates for everyone should be low, flat, and simple. And we should SPEND a boatload of money less then we do now.

Last edited:

Seriously? Because the billionaires are already paying a shit load multiplied by the average taxpayer and half the population pays nothing. If you're wife put out more than mine did, is your wife obligated to give me a little too?
Its not true that half the population pays nothing.

He (rightwigder) doesn't get it. Actually he does.... but he thinks he's being cute with his lame-assed argument. Ask him how much extra he voluntarily sent the IRS last year since he so concerned about the other "half".

No.... he wants to keep his money and tax the rich as if it's his God given right to do so.

Almost 1/2 the adult citizenry pays nothing in federal income tax.... this is true

And when you bring up the typical "they pay other taxes", well guess what, so do those who actually do pay federal income tax...

Most? I'd ask for a link but since you made it up I won't bother.

Inside the U.S., private investors hold nearly $1 trillion in federal debt, while mutual funds, insurance companies and state and local governments hold nearly double that amount.

Read more: US debt tops $16 trillion: So who do we owe most of that money to? | Fox News

Guess what happens when U.S. insurance companies have to dip into their reserves to pay claims by trading in their U.S. debt for cash? Who is on the hook for that?

Only a politician could create an asset by loaning money to themselves. Seriously, you insult me endlessly and you don't know the difference between money you loan to someone who has to pay you back and money you loan to yourself. Hey, I loaned myself a million dollars, I'm a millionaire! I mean sure, I OWE myself a mil, but I'm owed a mil by myself. I'm going to increase my credit card limit and spend it! Or I would, if my name were O-B-A-M-A...
Yeah, right, it was Obama who set up the Social Security system the way it is now. You're such an idiot.

I saw nowhere in that article any statement that supported that "most" of the money in private insurance funds is invested in Treasuries.

Almost 1/2 the adult citizenry pays nothing in federal income tax.... this is true

There's far more that gets paid than federal income tax.

And when you bring up the typical "they pay other taxes", well guess what, so do those who actually do pay federal income tax...

And?

I'm not really getting your point? Are you saying we should raise taxes on the poor?

Pop another ritalin and try to focus. INCOME TAX!!! Would it help if we took a hammer and pounded that term into your head?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
"The video is only horrible to Democratic base voters. Show it to an undecided swing voter, and there’s far too high a chance that he or she will pretty much agree with the sentiment. Which is something that Mitt Romney knows very well, which is why he smilingly encouraged the people who published the clip to publish the whole video."

I have been saying this since the start!

:clap2::clap2:

I hear you. I must have posted it 3 times today. The "opposition" only wants to hear what they have to say along with their spin on it.

I hear Romney loud and clear and I have no reason to vote for him except that he is white.:eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back