Who Are A Few of Your Favorite Founding Fathers?

Yarddog
Id be willing to bet these politicians were not nearly as Lazy as the ones we have today. probably played much fewer rounds of golf than politicians today, had a heavier work load and fewer staffers than the ones today, . They actually read the bills they voted on.

Franklin was my favorite though because he seems like the most interesting. with his very important inventions
The bills back then were shorter...society has changed. Walk over Clinton's Bridge to the 21st century, willya

Their slaves did most of the work for them :rofl: at least for all those wonderful the Southern Gentlemen

The ones who stand out are like pols today who stand out. We have some extremely hard working and very intelligent pols -- one just retired: Barny Frank was known to be a workhorse respected by most everyone for his work ethic

People like Yarddog just shit everywhere they go and complain that nobody is picking up after them

Sure the corrupt Barney Frank, Im sure you put him up there with Franklin and Washington. The Founding fathers, were able to devise a system of government, fight a revolution and had to make compromises to hold it together, though it wasnt perfect, many also put their lives at risk in the process, all in a relatively short period of time. The Current bunch come up with a healthcare bill for us that they dont want for themselves or their families, and in general, love telling us what is good for us and how to live while the rules will not apply to themselves. No thanks, I dont want to be a lap dog for them, Id rather be critical. They also could not 'Honestly' tell us what was in their health plan because they didn't know or just had blind faith in the goodness of their actions.

As for crapping everywhere, I have those little brown bags to pick up after my dog, and I always do, but in the case of your lawn? I would just leave it there and maybe wait around to see if he had to go twice. Just as long as you want to make it personal
Corrupt?

post one FACTUAL instance of corruption:

Barney has left office a while ago and has still NOT become a lobbyist. He could have named his price. He had one of the most important and powerful positions in government

eat shit asshole troll

There was a reason his rabbi excommunicated him you can look that up.

then ,

While serving on the House Financial Services Committee, Frank consistently supported the expansion of questionable mortgage loans through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while his partner, Herb Moses, was an assistant director of Fannie Mae responsible for relaxing mortgage standards. This policy, of which Frank was a prime mover, led to the largest credit implosion in the history of civilization. The Business and Media Institute reported that Moses, who “developed many of Fannie Mae’s affordable housing and home improvement lending programs,” left the agency in 1998 and ended his relationship with Frank a few months later. Frank, who continued to promote dangerous credit expansionary policies throughout the Bush years, subsequently partnered with Sergio Pombo, who was an employee of the World Bank.

Frank consistently reaped campaign money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as from various banks. According to Investors Business Daily, Frank took in campaign cash from Fannie and Freddie to the tune of $40,100 over two decades. The general records regarding the contributions of Fannie and Freddie to congressional candidates, estimated to be in the neighborhood of $200 million, are presently sealed due to the fact that both quasi-public agencies have been placed into receivership.

Read more at Barney Frank s pattern of disgrace and corruption

Sorry, but Ben Franklin was head and shoulders above this washington troll
WND? :cuckoo:

Except facts speak louder than slime: Barney Frank - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In 2009 Frank responded to what he called "wholly inaccurate efforts by Republicans to blame Democrats, and [me] in particular" for the subprime mortgage crisis, which is linked to the financial crisis of 2007–2009.[49] He outlined his efforts to reform these institutions and add regulations, but met resistance from Republicans, with the main exception being a bill with Republican Mike Oxley that died because of opposition from President Bush.[49] The 2005 bill included Frank objectives, which were to impose tighter regulation of Fannie and Freddie and new funds for rental housing. Frank and Mike Oxley achieved broad bipartisan support for the bill in the Financial Services Committee, and it passed the House. But the Senate never voted on the measure, in part because President Bush was likely to veto it. "If it had passed, that would have been one of the ways we could have reined in the bowling ball going downhill called housing," Oxley told Frank. In an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal, Lawrence B. Lindsey, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote that Frank "is the only politician I know who has argued that we needed tighter rules that intentionally produce fewer homeowners and more renters."[7]

Once control shifted to the Democrats, Frank was able to help guide both the Federal Housing Reform Act (H.R. 1427) and the Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act (H.R. 3915) to passage in 2007.[49] Frank also said that the Republican-led Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act of 1999, which repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 and removed the wall between commercial and investment banks, contributed to the financial meltdown.[49] Frank stated further that "during twelve years of Republican rule no reform was adopted regarding Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 2007, a few months after I became the Chairman, the House passed a strong reform bill; we sought to get the [Bush] administration's approval to include it in the economic stimulus legislation in January 2008; and finally got it passed and onto President Bush's desk in July 2008. Moreover, "we were able to adopt it in nineteen months, and we could have done it much quicker if the [Bush] administration had cooperated."​

For me...well...of course great respect to the standard ones that everyone focuses on, but my personal favorites are Madison, and John Adams/Abigail Adams. I have always felt Jefferson was overrated. Great mind, excellent contributor to freedom, but a lousy president, in my opinion. Madison I love because of his brilliance and his contributions to the Constitution. I don't recall who said it but another founding father commented that Madison appeared to be shy and reserved, but if you tried to debate him one on one or in a small group you were going to get throttled. And of course I love how he used Dolley to schmooze and charm his opponents into revising their opinions. :lol: I think the guy that doesn't get enough credit is John Adams though. Yeah, he was a loud mouth and an abrasive asshole who lacked any form of statesmanship, but he was a genius and a man of action. He told it the way he saw it and if someone had a problem with that, well tough titty for them. Establishing freedom was a team effort, of course. There was no single person who did it all, but Adams was certainly behind the group cracking the whip saying 'come on guys, time to get this done'.

I am pleased that Abigail was mentioned in the OP and is getting attention for her contributions by modern historians. I feel Abigail should be considered a founder. The letters between her and John are so interesting. Aside from being a fantastic love story, one gets the impression of a true partnership. While it would be going too far to say that Abigail was the brains behind the partnership and John was the figurehead, John was certainly Abigail's voice in an era where women were not permitted to speak on such matters. What I mean is, John was his own man and spoke his mind, but, through their letters, it becomes clear that he valued Abigail's opinion very highly and his positions were heavily influenced by her. Thus, John's positions were more 'John and Abigail's' positions...until it came to voting rights for women. Poor John...that was an embarrassing exchange.

Abigail Adams was a formidable figure and a hugely formidable influence on John.

Madison (my favorite), but I also really like Hamilton and Franklin a lot.

I'm confused over how Franklin fits in with those two. Then again Franklin was in a class of his own, but by the days of the revolution he was sort of out of touch with things
He wasn't out of touch with the ladies in Paris getting support for the US...

I like myths too
Me too, especially if the have huge melons...

Forum List

Back