Who among you is going to take your adult children and travel to Syria to fight for the Kurds?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by K9Buck, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Obiwan

Obiwan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,505
    Well, dumbass, we had to wait for Turkey to pull some overt action before we imposed sanctions...

Or do you recommend threatening or imposing sanctions on countries that haven't committed any offenses???

2. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,237
    Well, we initially went to war with ISIS because they had taken huge swathes of Iraq and we feared that Baghdad might even potentially fall to them. We didn't go there to protect the Kurds from ISIS. Frankly, the Kurds don't need our troops to protect them.

Eventually, ISIS was pushed into Syria and we continued to fight them THERE. Again, we were not there to protect the Kurds. We worked with the Kurds to eliminate a COMMON enemy.

Why do you believe that it is our responsibility to keep the Turks and Kurds from killing one another? Where are our so-called NATO "allies"? Do you believe that the Germans have a moral responsibility to send troops to Syria? How about the French or the Italians? How about the Norwegians or the Danes?

On another note, when the British and French were drawing lines in the sand and creating new nations, they should have made one for the Kurds. That's probably what should be done now, but it won't happen.

3. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,237
    I had to click on "Show ignored content" to, just for fun, see to whom you were referring. I've had that "Joe" moron on ignore for a long time. He is a clown.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,318
    These filthy ass Democrats should put their money where their mouth is.

All they have to do is go sign up to fight for the Kurds if they want. Nobody is stopping them.

Hell, these sorry ass Democrat bastards that are bitching about Trump don't even have the courage to declare war in Congress, no less go fight themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Obiwan

Obiwan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,505
    Well, you just have to understand Little Joey...

He gets on here acting all concerned about the Moslims, but he admitted that, after drawing Army pay during peacetime for 16 years, he quickly got out when Desert Storm started, and we were sending troops to liberate Kuwait...

Apparently he felt his talent for handing out toilet paper wasn't needed!!!

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,768
    Mr. Whipple of the United States Army...

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. Obiwan

Obiwan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,505
    I think the Army probably went along with Joey getting out, because rumor has it that he singlehandedly (and heroically) went through their entire supply of toilet paper when we started shipping troops over!!!

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,066
    Actually, there were a whole lot of things Turkey has done up to this point that we could have imposed sanctions over. but that's besides the point.

The problem with you Trump-leg humpers is that you feel a need to defend him even when he fucks up.

So let's look at the end result.

The Kurds will now throw in with the Russians and Iranians. Bad.
    The Kurds in Iraq- the only faction in Iraq still friendly to us, will look at our betrayal and make their own deal with Iran. So we've effectively ceded Iraq and Syria to the Iranians.

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,066
    You are a bit confused. I was only in for 11. I signed up because Ronnie Reagan told me that the USSR was a real threat. Imagine my surprise when we all found out the Evil Empire was a collection of impoverished third world countries.

I was in for the whole of Desert Storm. My unit wasn't deployed, thankfully, so I didn't get exposed to whatever shit caused all those guys who did go to get sick.

But, yeah, got out after that. Really didn't see where a fight between Saddam and the corrupt Emir of Kuwait concerned me.