Who Actually Pays The Taxes??

His company, Berkshire-Hathaway, which he owns 100%, pays more in taxes in a single day than every poster on this forum has and will pay in their entire lives.
fyi
simply NOT true....buffet DOES NOT OWN 100% of berkshire hathaway, it is a publically traded company on the NYSE.

care

Umm, nice assumption but unfortunately a bit off the mark.

I think someone has to pay taxes, and gee it might as well be the people with all the money.

Taxing the poor is like going fishing in Nevada.

LOL... See that's your first mistake... Why should there be an income tax at all... It's my money... Where in the constitution does it say the government has the right to take money from one group and give it to another?

Some businesses do pay taxes but they shouldn’t, taxing corporations is a silly waste of time.

You are exactly right... Some people fail to see (like Barrack Obama) that if you raise taxes on the corporations they raise the cost of goods... Is it really that hard to understand?

You are exactly right... Some people fail to see (like Barrack Obama) that if you raise taxes on the corporations they raise the cost of goods... Is it really that hard to understand?

It flies in the face of the liberal dream--their fantasy is that corporations are a gold mine and that if we just tax the hell out of them the country will be saved. The dream of soaking the rich to solve our problems is all they have--they must believe it.

It flies in the face of the liberal dream--their fantasy is that corporations are a gold mine and that if we just tax the hell out of them the country will be saved. The dream of soaking the rich to solve our problems is all they have--they must believe it.

what a CROCK of partisan poopie drivel! :badgrin:

first you say corporations pay no taxes because they just put it in to the product they sell...like an incorporated consumption tax, then you say we are trying to soak the rich by taxing corps....WHICH is it?

care

what a CROCK of partisan poopie drivel! :badgrin:

first you say corporations pay no taxes because they just put it in to the product they sell...like an incorporated consumption tax, then you say we are trying to soak the rich by taxing corps....WHICH is it?

care

There is no 'either or' here. Soak the rich is the liberals answer to everything--sorry --there is no pot of gold there. It's like soaking yourself using the "rich" as a middleman. The is no viable answer other than tightening our personal belts and cut spending all the way around. Robbing the 'haves' is a joke.

There is no 'either or' here. Soak the rich is the liberals answer to everything--sorry --there is no pot of gold there. It's like soaking yourself using the "rich" as a middleman. The is no viable answer other than tightening our personal belts and cut spending all the way around. Robbing the 'haves' is a joke.
what is soaking the rich? 90% marginal tax bracket as it was when income taxes began? 75% 65% 50% 40%..... another crock of partisan poopie talking points....your true colors are showing!!!

cutting spending all the way around wont put a dent in our 6 trillion in debt we added to our National debt the past 8 years under this administration nor will it make a dent in the yearly TRILLION dollar deficit we are running now....

this debt and deficit is the ROOT of all ills with our economy/recession and credit crunch we are in now....collecting more in taxes ALONG with those spending cuts all around is the only means we are left with to address it, and IMPROVE our economy imo.

what is soaking the rich? 90% marginal tax bracket as it was when income taxes began? 75% 65% 50% 40%..... another crock of partisan poopie talking points....your true colors are showing!!!

cutting spending all the way around wont put a dent in our 6 trillion in debt we added to our National debt the past 8 years under this administration nor will it make a dent in the yearly TRILLION dollar deficit we are running now....

this debt and deficit is the ROOT of all ills with our economy/recession and credit crunch we are in now....collecting more in taxes ALONG with those spending cuts all around is the only means we are left with to address it, and IMPROVE our economy imo.

But you can't figure out how those taxes on the rich are going to come out of your pocket yet, can you ? Well go for it and see what happens.

only the people BUYING the corporation's product would be paying the taxes, not those of us that do not use or buy their products, similar to a consumption tax, if you do believe a corp passes those taxes on to the consumer...

i should NOT have to pay for a corporations taxes.

the people who DO BUY their product should.

only the people BUYING the corporation's product would be paying the taxes, not those of us that do not use or buy their products, similar to a consumption tax, if you do believe a corp passes those taxes on to the consumer...

i should NOT have to pay for a corporations taxes.

the people who DO BUY their product should.

Good luck finding products that aren't made by a corporation or one of their subsidiaries.

But you can't figure out how those taxes on the rich are going to come out of your pocket yet, can you ? Well go for it and see what happens.

fool...imo.

corps/the wealthiest paid more under clinton and I WAS RICHER for it....because i was taxed less....and had more of my own money to invest....a corp is no more important than me, an individual.... to levy up the wealthiest is morally wrong....(James 2)

but keep spouting the republican rhetoric with NO PROOF substantiating it....

care

Good luck finding products that aren't made by a corporation or one of their subsidiaries.

80% of businesses in the usa are small business, i'll do just fine....

if i need something from a corp, i'll pay for the taxes incorporated in to the product i buy...BIG DEAL....? it's the same with anything i buy or you buy really, taxes are incorporated in to the price...as they should be....

do you think if all taxes were taken away from a corporation they would reduce the price of their product so that i could benefit from it or would they keep the excess bootie profits for themselves?

i believe the latter would happen, putting more of the income tax BURDEN on ourselves...and i believe the middle class, especially the upper middle class is taxed ENOUGH!

thus, i have NO PROBLEMS with corporate tax revenues being added to the income tax revenues and FICA revenues it collects from the individual, to help pay the gvts bills..... much much better for us all, than overspending and borrowing this money from saudi arabia, united arab emirat, or China....

80% of businesses in the usa are small business, i'll do just fine....

if i need something from a corp, i'll pay for the taxes incorporated in to the product i buy...BIG DEAL....? it's the same with anything i buy or you buy really, taxes are incorporated in to the price...as they should be....

do you think if all taxes were taken away from a corporation they would reduce the price of their product so that i could benefit from it or would they keep the excess bootie profits for themselves?

i believe the latter would happen, putting more of the income tax BURDEN on ourselves...and i believe the middle class, especially the upper middle class is taxed ENOUGH!

thus, i have NO PROBLEMS with corporate tax revenues being added to the income tax revenues and FICA revenues it collects from the individual, to help pay the gvts bills..... much much better for us all, than overspending and borrowing this money from saudi arabia, united arab emirat, or China....

Small business are typically higher in price.

Small business relies on corporations also.

trust me--taxes trickle down.

LOL... See that's your first mistake... Why should there be an income tax at all... It's my money... Where in the constitution does it say the government has the right to take money from one group and give it to another?

16th Amendment. what else you got?

I know damned well mine have trickled down considerably

Of course, I used to pay more taxes than I make now ~ but hey! ~ just think how much you people benefit from me having the time to educate you.

You're going to miss me when I go back to work.

I know damned well mine have trickled down considerably

Of course, I used to pay more taxes than I make now ~ but hey! ~ just think how much you people benefit from me having the time to educate you.

You're going to miss me when I go back to work.

How much are you going to bill us since your overhead went up ? :lol:

Small business are typically higher in price.

Small business relies on corporations also.

sure taxes trickle down but tax breaks to those above us do NOT.

yes, we do pay much more in a percentage of taxes than the wealthiest....because they do... trickle down on to me and you so WE PAY soooooo much more in taxes than a stupid chart shows...thus my reason to give the middle class an income tax rate reduction! :D but you and other republicans are against giving the middle class a tax break reduction.....and think it should go to the people who are above the down, in the trickle down taxes....just crazy imo!

care

A monthly service charge will be applied to each AT&T long distance residential Customer's account. This monthly charge is applied if a Customer has AT&T billable charges and credits on their bill. This fee helps AT&T recover the costs charged by your local telephone company to carry your AT&T in-state long distance calls over its lines.

Tax-Related Surcharges are percentage charges applied to AT&T customer bills to recover 1) AT&T's payments of taxes and fees to certain state and local jurisdictions, and 2) AT&T's payments to local telephone companies, which have passed on certain taxes and fees to AT&T. (Under Section 1.e of the AT&T Consumer Services Agreement, there are also taxes and charges that AT&T assesses directly to customers in the amounts that federal, state, and local authorities require AT&T to bill you. These charges are defined by federal, state, and local authorities and are not addressed in this Service Guide.)

AT&T Consumer Services Miscellaneous Charges, Credits, and Taxes

I thought this would make just one example of how that so called "middle class" tax cut is a sham. The "middle class" tax cut realized by a rise in the top rates on income earners and "windfall profits taxes" and a rise in corporate rates will simply be passed on to the comsumer. Thats you Mr. and Ms. Middile Class. your talking about a zero sum gain. In some cases your talking about an actual loss , because when a rise in taxes results in increased operating costs, guess what? That tax cut will do no good, for those that don't have a job as a result of downsizing, and outsourcing to offset increased cost.

In 2005 the U.S. Senate did take up the issue of "windfall profits" taxes on oil and it failed in a very big way with many democrats voting against it, citing the exact same reasons I cited above.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 109th Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary YEA'S 35 NAY's 64 NOT VOTING 1

Question: On the Motion (Motion to Waive CBA Re: Dorgan Amdt. No. 2587 )
Vote Number: 331 Vote Date: November 17, 2005, 03:36 PM
Required For Majority: 3/5 Vote Result: Motion Rejected
Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 2587 to S. 2020
Statement of Purpose: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose a temporary windfall profit tax on crude oil and to rebate the tax collected back to the American consumer, and for other purposes.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

corporation tax rates are NOT being raised....

personal, individual taxes, on the top bracket, (warren buffet, bill gates, paris hilton types) will not be extended and will fall back to what they were before the temporary tax break they were given....

these people flourished under clinton with the tax rate they will be going back to....

near 90% of small business in the USA DO NOT net more than $250 k a year and would not take a tax rate hike with this plan....they would be getting a tax break, under obama's plan...along with a $3000 tax credit for any of their new hires....in O's plan?

Forum List

Back