who actually decided who got stimulus money?

"The Recovery Board was granted specific powers and functions under the Recovery Act."

So congress authorized the recovery board to distribute the money in areas that congress specified with specific dollar amounts?

Yep the PDF at this link is very interesting people who want to be educated might want to review it.
Specific amouunts for specific things was spelled out by congress even quite a bit of money for the military.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr1enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr1enr.pdf
yep it is all Obama's fault :D

Last edited:
"The Recovery Board was granted specific powers and functions under the Recovery Act."

So congress authorized the recovery board to distribute the money in areas that congress specified with specific dollar amounts?

Yep the PDF at this link is very interesting people who want to be educated might want to review it.
Specific amouunts for specific things was spelled out by congress even quite a bit of money for the military.

And who decided who was on the Recovery Board?

Not sure on all but Obama did appoint the chairperson.
However look at the bill it directs how and to what area the money goes.
Looks like massive pork opportunities to me.

I figure both sides got in their fair share of pork.

Was Pork, but the way they set it up, they were able to Fund the Vast Majority of the Pork to Places that Supported Obama, and Special interests like Unions that did as well.

It was perhaps the single biggest instance of The Government Taking our Money to Buy Votes with we have ever seen.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr1enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr1enr.pdf
yep it is all Obama's fault :D

While some of it may be true, I have to admit, I rarely trust anything reported by politicians that I can't verify on my own... be that UE numbers or where the money goes. And please note, I said politicians... that means either party. I deliberately did not single out this administration. They have broken my trust and are a hell of a long way from earning even a sliver of it back.

It also leads one to question who were the principles of the organizations that received the vast majority of those funds.

Immie

Last edited:
Heck it has even got money in there for phillipino (native) WW2 vets.

LMAO and this was from congress not Obama.

lotsa billions for the military, etc.

Was Pork, but the way they set it up, they were able to Fund the Vast Majority of the Pork to Places that Supported Obama, and Special interests like Unions that did as well.

It was perhaps the single biggest instance of The Government Taking our Money to Buy Votes with we have ever seen.

Yes pork for congress mostly.
I suggest you pull up the pDF and scna it a while, very interesting and I have not gotten half thru it yet.

Forum List

Back