Whitney Houston

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
Am i a heartless prick? perhaps I am but what is going through my head is "this bitch hasn't done anything but smoke rock since 1989" and frankly my shock and amazement has more to do with the fact that she survived this long. I keep hearing about how she was an icon and all that.....her biggest song she didn't even write....she continuously made herself prey to an abusive drug addict (Brown).......sorry.....she had a great voice but I can think of 100 people off the top of my head whose death would have more impact.

A drug addict overdosed (presumably).......same thing that happens in alleys every night.

While you are very true in your evaluation, that still doesn't mean you are not a heartless prick.

No man is an island, and every clod that falls off the continent diminishes it by that small amount.

So while she earned her fate. As the poem goes, don't send for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee

Just sad, perhaps one of the greatest voices ever, and due to her association with the wrong people and her addiction, we lost a true artist. I wonder if her drug dealer mourns her loss or mourns the loss of a customer.

Just sad, perhaps one of the greatest voices ever, and due to her association with the wrong people and her addiction, we lost a true artist. I wonder if her drug dealer mourns her loss or mourns the loss of a customer.

And a true artist my ass.....it's not like she wrote any music of note. Her hits were written by others. All she did was perform them

BFD

She did this to herself -- she was a major loser. Another overindulged, self absorbed celebrity. Children dying of cancer is tragic. This is entertainment -- at best.

RIP in Whitney, and let's pray for those who attack you do not end up making bad choices as well and receiving karmic justice.

pcn_whitney_houston_last_pictures_thg_120212_wblog.jpg

ABC News claims this is her last photo. looks like her cheese slid off its cracker to me. drunk, high???

And a true artist my ass.....it's not like she wrote any music of note. Her hits were written by others. All she did was perform them

The only thing worthy of note that she did was sing the National Anthem at the Superbowl.

with a voice that was truly gifted.

I feel deeply sorry for her children. She - selfish fucking bitch - chose drugs and booze over her kids. What kind of parent does that to their kids?

with a voice that was truly gifted.

Granted. No doubt about it she had a fantastic voice. But as I said earlier....a fantastic voice is a dime a dozen. Most people just aren't shown on MTV.

Look, anytime anyone dies due to drug use or self-abuse of some kind it is tragic. But I watch the news and see this woman being canonized and I ask myself "what did she really do?" My answer is "nothing that millions of other people don't do every day. They're just not in the spotlight."

Am i a heartless prick? perhaps I am but what is going through my head is "this bitch hasn't done anything but smoke rock since 1989" and frankly my shock and amazement has more to do with the fact that she survived this long. I keep hearing about how she was an icon and all that.....her biggest song she didn't even write....she continuously made herself prey to an abusive drug addict (Brown).......sorry.....she had a great voice but I can think of 100 people off the top of my head whose death would have more impact.

A drug addict overdosed (presumably).......same thing that happens in alleys every night.

I may not put it quite the way you did, but I think when a person dies of fame, they put them on a pedesdal. I liked some of her earlier music, but she definitely wasn't my favorite. I am already sick to death of the song, that Dolly Parton wrote. I never was that fond of it before. I come from 70's and enjoy Pink Floyd, Peter Frampton, etc. It is always too bad that people with talent get involved in drugs and it usually does them in, either from or complications. I haven't thought about Whitney in years, and as far as I know she hasn't even been in the limelight. Now, everyone is totally in love with her because she screwed up her life and died, and for some reason people that don't even know her, are devasted. I really don't get it. If she really wanted to kick her drug habit, she could of, she had the funds to do it. Not all drug addicts are that lucky. I will say she had a nice voice, if you like that kind of music. I think Adele is better and there are many more, with depth to their voices. Everyone wants to blame Brown, but we are all responsible for our own actions. They probably just fed from one another. Who I feel for, is the daughter, because it seems to me, she's had a very troubled life. I had read that she has tried to kill herself before. They are going to talk this one to death, no pun intended!

Last edited:

Many singers don't write their own stuff. A gifted voice is not always synonymous with the gift of putting words to music.

not impressed... overrated skank... sorry she's dead... please go the fuck away with the coverage...

not impressed... overrated skank... sorry she's dead... please go the fuck away with the coverage...

Turn the knob.

Forum List

Back