Whitman says her former housekeeper should be deported

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Whitman says her former housekeeper should be deported| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

October 28, 2010 | 2:34 pm
As Republican gubernatorial nominee Meg Whitman tours parts of California that have traditionally been receptive to GOP candidates, she's also appealing directly to conservative TV audiences, hoping to fire up her party's base.

On Wednesday, she appeared on Fox News and took a harder line on Nicky Diaz Santillan, the illegal immigrant who Whitman employed as a housekeeper for nine years. Since the controversy erupted in September, Whitman has said both she and a hiring agency relied on documents that turned out to be false and that she fired Diaz Santillan when the woman disclosed her immigration status last year.

Until now she has declined to comment on whether the former housekeeper should be deported. But Wednesday, in an interview with Greta Van Susteren, Whitman answered the question head on. "Well, the answer is it breaks my heart, but she should be deported because she forged documents and she lied about her immigration status," Whitman said. "And it breaks my heart. Gloria Allred pulled off a political stunt. And you know what? On Nov. 3, no one's going to care about Nicky Diaz. But the law is the law and we live in the rule of law. It's important."
<more>

Whitman says her former housekeeper should be deported| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

October 28, 2010 | 2:34 pm
As Republican gubernatorial nominee Meg Whitman tours parts of California that have traditionally been receptive to GOP candidates, she's also appealing directly to conservative TV audiences, hoping to fire up her party's base.

On Wednesday, she appeared on Fox News and took a harder line on Nicky Diaz Santillan, the illegal immigrant who Whitman employed as a housekeeper for nine years. Since the controversy erupted in September, Whitman has said both she and a hiring agency relied on documents that turned out to be false and that she fired Diaz Santillan when the woman disclosed her immigration status last year.

Until now she has declined to comment on whether the former housekeeper should be deported. But Wednesday, in an interview with Greta Van Susteren, Whitman answered the question head on. "Well, the answer is it breaks my heart, but she should be deported because she forged documents and she lied about her immigration status," Whitman said. "And it breaks my heart. Gloria Allred pulled off a political stunt. And you know what? On Nov. 3, no one's going to care about Nicky Diaz. But the law is the law and we live in the rule of law. It's important."
<more>

Lets see, She broke our laws. Lied to get a job. Forged Documents and basically stole an identity.

Yep she should be deported.

Deport that dumb broad!

She is a tool for Jerry Brown, and her immigration atty failed her, by letting Allred get ahold of her.... deport her ass ASAP!

. Gloria Allred pulled off a political stunt. And you know what? On Nov. 3, no one's going to care about Nicky Diaz. But the law is the law and we live in the rule of law. It's important."

Yeah, but laws are to be broken, and if we deport MB, it is an outright admission that Whitman is guilty of harboring an illegal for years. As they say, Ignorance is no excuse of the law. So if Whitman wants to go to prison, we can make her cell mate NB!!! LOL!

Forgery, impersonation and/or ID theft.

Yeah...She should be deported alright.
do you really believe Whitman had no idea she was illegal?

i dont
Were I in the business of divining what people did or didn't think, I wouldn't be hanging around interweb message fora.

I do, however, believe that she trusted the employment service (you don't just put an ad in the paper to hire domestics) did their due diligence.

i dont

If Whitman is telling the truth about all she did to avoid hiring an illegal, then I say she should be believed.

At least I believe her over that lying illegal alien.

I dont like it, but fact is... Whitman is here legally and Nicky the illegal is'nt... therefore I believe Whitman.

. Gloria Allred pulled off a political stunt. And you know what? On Nov. 3, no one's going to care about Nicky Diaz. But the law is the law and we live in the rule of law. It's important."

Yeah, but laws are to be broken, and if we deport MB, it is an outright admission that Whitman is guilty of harboring an illegal for years. As they say, Ignorance is no excuse of the law. So if Whitman wants to go to prison, we can make her cell mate NB!!! LOL!

Actually by your logic, the agency that sent Nicky the illegal to Whitman should be held responsible IMO.

Whitman should have just racially profiled her and said "nope... she looks illegal & Im not hiring her... send me a white person".
Thats what I do.... Actually Im not too good to do my own hard work, so its never an issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

i dont
Were I in the business of divining what people did or didn't think, I wouldn't be hanging around interweb message fora.

I do, however, believe that she trusted the employment service (you don't just put an ad in the paper to hire domestics) did their due diligence.
you mean she never had a clue in NINE YEARS?
not that i dont like whitman, but damn, there should have been SOME clue in 9 years of service

Actually by your logic, the agency that sent Nicky the illegal to Whitman should be held responsible IMO.

Whitman should have just racially profiled her and said "nope... she looks illegal & Im not hiring her... send me a white person".
Thats what I do.... Actually Im not too good to do my own hard work, so its never an issue.
yes, if an agency sent her, they are equally responsible

i dont

Not that simple. Whitman also paid her and had to file with the government every year, for 9 years, and somehow she didn't know she was illegal? Even when she got documents to verify her nationality?? And had them partially filled out??

i dont

Even if she suspected it. She hired her through a Labor service. She paid her the same wage a non illegal would get, and the infamous Letter she got clearly told her to take no action against her employee based on that letter.

The Maid then allows herself to be used in a political Stunt, and accuses Whitman of treating her bad. (at 23.50) and hour. Talks about a lawsuit that is still not forthcoming. And incriminates herself.

She fully deserves to be Deported. What do you expect Whitman to say when asked, but that she should.

i dont

you mean she never had a clue in NINE YEARS?
not that i dont like whitman, but damn, there should have been SOME clue in 9 years of service
Since when is it her job to enforce immigration policy?

What grounds are you going to use to cut her loose?...That you *think*, despite the employment agency's screening, that she *might* be an illegal?

Talk about inviting a lawsuit, in these PC days.

Even if she suspected it. She hired her through a Labor service. She paid her the same wage a non illegal would get, and the infamous Letter she got clearly told her to take no action against her employee based on that letter.

The Maid then allows herself to be used in a political Stunt, and accuses Whitman of treating her bad. (at 23.50) and hour. Talks about a lawsuit that is still not forthcoming. And incriminates herself.

She fully deserves to be Deported. What do you expect Whitman to say when asked, but that she should.

Yep, if she was to be sympithetic and say "no, lave her alone" the idiots on the left would condemn her for that....

Ah heck, if Whitman would have just hired a whitey she'd be off the hook :eusa_whistle:

damned if ya do.... damned if ya dont

Does not matter what we think here, and the OP is simply unimportant. What is important is this: those who count on this issue are deciding in California next week. And the obvious remains that Brown is pulling away from Whitman, which means the vital Hispanic vote has decided. Whitman is being deported from any chance at office for the next two years at least.

Cali will get what they deserve, and we ALL will be asked to come to their rescue very soon... I say fuk em!

California voters are retarded!

Forum List

Back