Whither The 'Challenge And Question Authority' Liberals...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Interesting article by George Scoville

When did Americans become so infantilized as to treat the president of the United States like he’s the only adult in the room?

Last Friday, The Daily Caller’s Neil Munro set off a firestorm of debate over decorum when he interrupted President Barack Obama, whose staff had gathered a Rose Garden press conference to announce an executive order that would grant temporary work permits to children of immigrants who came to the U.S. by extralegal means. The entire kerfuffle transmits resounding signals to us onlookers: the government would like the market for political representation to continue failing, and the members of the mainstream media are willing accomplices.

“nterrupting the President, any president, is NOT doing your job,” tweeted Fox News’s Ed Henry, a reference to White House Press Secretary Jay Carney’s recent missive that reporters are not rigorous enough in providing context to their stories. “The stunt dummy interrupting POTUS during statement hurts whatever cause he represents by being rude,” tweeted outgoing CNN host John King. Tony Fratto, former assistant Treasury secretary, former deputy press secretary under President Bush, and CNBC contributor, tweeted, “Reporters don’t interrupt presidential statements. Period. @NeilMunroDC should be banned from WH.” ABC’s Diane Sawyer reduced Munro from White House correspondent to “heckler.” Sam Donaldson, himself a long-time antagonist to President Ronald Reagan, said in a statement to The Huffington Post that Munro’s behavior evidences a pet leftist trope: that any critical questioning of the president or his motives is necessarily rooted in anti-African-American sentiment. An MSNBC panel agreed, naturally.

The list goes on.

New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd, who found herself barred indefinitely from traveling on Senator John McCain’s campaign airplanes in September 2008, understands better than most the importance of not trading the integrity of one’s craft for access to the powerful. I applaud her for not (publicly) joining the rest of the pack in crucifying Munro. According to Washington Post reporter David Nakamura, Jay Carney emailed Daily Caller editor-in-chief Tucker Carlson after the incident, “presumably about the reporter who interrupted Obama today.” Munro and Carlson may now learn what happens when you don’t play the game according to the political class’s rules...

Read more: Whither the 'challenge and question authority' liberals? | The Daily Caller

They should go all NDAA on this reporter's ass!! I'm joking of course, but i bet the Obamabots on this Board would actually like to see that.

Great point.

They only have a problem when there's not a Neo-Marxists in the office.

The Right always becomes what it once condemned, when the political winds shift.

See all the Lib protests against drone strikes? How Obama is only making more terrorists? Can't fight ideology with drones?

Yeah, me neither

The Right always becomes what it once condemned, when the political winds shift.

See all the Lib protests against drone strikes? How Obama is only making more terrorists? Can't fight ideology with drones?

Yeah, me neither

Imagine shoe...other foot?

Predictable, isn't it?

Yeah, kind of like when the right is all gung-ho about slapping our enemies down until a Dem gets into office. Then they're all 'kum-ba-ya' and "we shouldn't be minding others' business"! :eusa_eh:

Yeah, me neither

Predictable, isn't it?

Yeah, kind of like when the right is all gung-ho about slapping our enemies down until a Dem gets into office. Then they're all 'kum-ba-ya' and "we shouldn't be minding others' business"! :eusa_eh:

We are? Really Gracie?

Bet you do the breast stroke rather widely don't you?

Project much?

Predictable, isn't it?

We are? Really Gracie?

Project much?

Where's the right wing demand to go into Syria? It's certainly more of a danger to world peace than Saddam was. No, I'm not projecting. I'm calling you hypocrites out! :cool:

We are? Really Gracie?

Project much?

Where's the right wing demand to go into Syria? It's certainly more of a danger to world peace than Saddam was. No, I'm not projecting. I'm calling you hypocrites out! :cool:

Syria attacked Kuwait? Really?

Syrian Army is how big?

Funny how they didn't trust anyone over 30 and questioned the establishment, until they aged and joined the establishment.

Now we're supposed to sit down, shut up and surrender our margarine and soda pop. :lol:

Only the really big sodas, and it's for your own good ya know

We are? Really Gracie?

Project much?

Well you are yelling in the wrong direction ya freekin hack...

We are? Really Gracie?

Project much?

Yep. You make a good point. Both parties are replete with hypocrisy. Neither lives up to its claimed principles, opting instead to service the entrenched powers that transcend party. And yet we fall for it over and over again. When will we wake up?

Forum List

Back