Whither Saints?

I think they are moving. The team owner had ideas of moving before the disaster. I think this just solidifies it. I think San Antonio or Los Angeles will be the main candidates.

Probably San Antonio. Except the NFL wants their "home opener" to be played in New York.

I say they are gone. He has wanted a new stadium and a new deal.

Now is his chance.

insein said:
I think they are moving. The team owner had ideas of moving before the disaster. I think this just solidifies it. I think San Antonio or Los Angeles will be the main candidates.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to move a team to L.A. No one cares about football there. People would show up for the first few weeks just to see what the buzz was all about and that would be about it. And since when did San Antonio become the new NFL hotspot? The only reason Benson was talking about that is he is from there and has a home there. San Antonio isn't ready for the NFL just yet.

Powerman said:
I'm not sure why anyone would want to move a team to L.A. No one cares about football there. People would show up for the first few weeks just to see what the buzz was all about and that would be about it. And since when did San Antonio become the new NFL hotspot? The only reason Benson was talking about that is he is from there and has a home there. San Antonio isn't ready for the NFL just yet.

We definitely don't need a situation where 1/2 of the NFL teams are in Florida and Texas. It's a northern sport.

GotZoom said:
Probably San Antonio. Except the NFL wants their "home opener" to be played in New York.

I say they are gone. He has wanted a new stadium and a new deal.

Now is his chance.

Couple of problem with that. Not a short story.

Tom Benson is one of the money people in this town. He's been a successful car dealer since as far back as I can remember. He'd probably like moving here if he could.

When Cisneros was mayor, he hoodwinked the city into footing the bill for the Alamodome. It's been a showplace for tractor pulls and farms shows ever since! :laugh:

The fact is, this is a blue collar city. I doubt it could support an NFL team at today's prices.

Then there's a fact that we have the Cowboys 350 miles north, and the Texans 200 mile east. I SERIOUSLY doubt you could steal enough Cowboys fans to make it a worthwhile endeavor.

We're a "wannabe". Just big enough for owners who want a new stadium to use as a threat against their cities.

That being said, the Saints ARE practicing here, but so far, no regular season games scheduled.

Forum List

Back