Whites told they can't teach blacks

Being a product of the PSD ('80s/early '90s era), I've been watching this closely- and it turns its going to get even worse, according to philly.com:

The district, in order to bridge an estimated $620 million budget gap, has called for the elimination of more than 3,000 jobs, the end of full-day kindergarten, cuts in most transportation services and reductions in many other areas, including arts, music and athletic programs.

The PSD, coupled with the fight against gentrification, and local city politics are as corrupt as anywhere in the country. At least Nutter won his mayoral primary race against the Street brothers, but that's another story I guess.

Being a product of the PSD ('80s/early '90s era), I've been watching this closely- and it turns its going to get even worse, according to philly.com:

The district, in order to bridge an estimated $620 million budget gap, has called for the elimination of more than 3,000 jobs, the end of full-day kindergarten, cuts in most transportation services and reductions in many other areas, including arts, music and athletic programs.

The PSD, coupled with the fight against gentrification, and local city politics are as corrupt as anywhere in the country. At least Nutter won his mayoral primary race against the Street brothers, but that's another story I guess.

OMG!!!

Not Football?!?:confused:

How the hell are we going to maintain democracy without Football????:eek:

The dogma that Diversity is ALWAYS the Best Alternative, like any globalized expression, only exists when you ignore particular contradictions. Academia HATES contradictions. Rather than admit that there might be a pragmatic contradiction to "The Rule: Diversity is Good," they will happily argue that EVERYTHING that doesn't obey the rule must by definition represent some hypothetical "slippery-slope."

Oh my.

Oh, my my my.

What do we have here?

An admission that racial homogeneity might actually have advantages?

Oh, right. The admission comes when blacks benefit.

OK, great. Now how about when whites benefit? Speaking of cognitive dissonance that the multiracial dogmatists can't resolve...

If whites want to practice racial homogenity go right ahead. What's stopping you?

Um, the law?

Yeah. That little thing.

The dogma that Diversity is ALWAYS the Best Alternative, like any globalized expression, only exists when you ignore particular contradictions. Academia HATES contradictions. Rather than admit that there might be a pragmatic contradiction to "The Rule: Diversity is Good," they will happily argue that EVERYTHING that doesn't obey the rule must by definition represent some hypothetical "slippery-slope."

Oh my.

Oh, my my my.

What do we have here?

An admission that racial homogeneity might actually have advantages?

Oh, right. The admission comes when blacks benefit.

OK, great. Now how about when whites benefit? Speaking of cognitive dissonance that the multiracial dogmatists can't resolve...

Listen carefully.

I didn't say "racial homogeneity (whatever the fuck that might mean) had certain advantages."

I simply said that under SOME circumstances SOME adolescents learn more from PEOPLE that are like them, whether they are male or female, black or white.

Try to pay the fuck attention: you'll appear less moronic.

You're admitting everything I said! "Racial homogeneity" means "everyone in the room is black/white/etc." You said under SOME circumstances SOME adolescents learn more from PEOPLE that are like them, whether they are male or female, black or white.

What that means is... "racial homogeneity has some advantages."

And further, the "some" is BLACKS GET TO HAVE IT, but not whites.

Speaking of paying attention.

Once again, class:

It's OK for the school to be all-black. That's "good" segregation.
It's not OK for the school to be all-white. That's "bad" segregation.

And that is a double standard.

A quick update on what I posted above about the $600 million dollar shortfall; More fantastic news from the Philly School District today:

Superintendent Arlene C. Ackerman has asked the city for $75-$110 million more from the city. She said the district's top three priorities are full-day kindergarten, restoring transportation services, and keeping class sizes low. She said she'd be open to talking about restoring funding for alternative schools, a priority that Mayor Nutter has signaled is important to him.

I could've sworn it was $50 million this morning. Philly's Newspaper site is all over it, especially the comments section.
Updated: Nutter supports district's ask - $75 to $110m | Philly | 05/24/2011

Forum List

Back