Whites Kept From Elite Universities

What disturbs you more: That an outsider who had no preconceived notions of America when he first cam here, after living here for 10 year has come to the conclusion that a lot of the negative stereotypes are true, or that deep down you know that a lot of those negative stereotypes are true? Which one is it?

I'm curious, is the stereotype of Aussie men being neanderthal dimwits that miss treat women and stay drunk on beer all day...... true?

Absolutely. You must have been to Australia! :razz:

I've also heard that Aussies ween their children with beer, is that true?

ANOTHER thread where Madeline is trying to tell another poster how to post? Seriously?

Good grief she's a bossy bitch.

If I were black here, in shabby clothing and driving a POS car, I'd be getting pulled over constantly in the suburbs. LOTS of racial profiling here....nothing all that serious, but the cops assume certain "types" are not residents of their little hamlets and run speed traps on them.

* I grew up poor as shit, but once I was in college, that background was never an obstacle. Well-spoken white chicks are presumed to have at least a middle class background. This opened doors for me I never would have walked through had the gatekeeper fretted I'd "act ghetto" -- the most common reason given as to why black chicks are hardly ever out in front of a business, etc.

I am sure there are advantages I enjoyed as a white chick I wasn't aware were influenced by my ethnicity....we humans tend to blame others for our misfortunes and claim all our successes are 100% our own accomplishments, but that is not true of anyone.
Is this the way you feel, or are you sterotyping others?

It is a reknown factoid here, Tank. These little hamlets use speed traps as a way to generate revenues from folks who do not live there. Go to any city hall on municpal court day, and you'd see that 90% of the ticketees are black or Hispanic.

It ain't a big fat secret.

What "other advantages" did you have?

I am delighted someone asked this, Tank....here are my off-the-top-of-my-head examples.....

* I can run all over town looking like shit, in a POS car, and few people will assume I am a prostitute, crack addict or welfare queen. I get the "benefit of the doubt" that I am just a careless dresser who might be wealthy or not...more info needed.

If I were black here, in shabby clothing and driving a POS car, I'd be getting pulled over constantly in the suburbs. LOTS of racial profiling here....nothing all that serious, but the cops assume certain "types" are not residents of their little hamlets and run speed traps on them.

* I grew up poor as shit, but once I was in college, that background was never an obstacle. Well-spoken white chicks are presumed to have at least a middle class background. This opened doors for me I never would have walked through had the gatekeeper fretted I'd "act ghetto" -- the most common reason given as to why black chicks are hardly ever out in front of a business, etc.

I am sure there are advantages I enjoyed as a white chick I wasn't aware were influenced by my ethnicity....we humans tend to blame others for our misfortunes and claim all our successes are 100% our own accomplishments, but that is not true of anyone.

Wow, that is an advantage. Next time I want to run all over town looking like shit, driving a piece of shit car I get to know that it's OK....... thank GOD for being white!

Mebbe it seems of no consequence, siatrro....but you dun have to fret it if your teenager runs out for milk at 10 pm wearing his sweats...and black parents do. All such things matter...getting a tat, getting piercings, wearing "cool clothes" etc. For a black parent whose kidlet wants to do these things, the stress is that that kidlet is placing himself or herself at a higher risk of interaction with the police.

Would you like it if your family and you needed "protective clothing" to be safe in public?

I am delighted someone asked this, Tank....here are my off-the-top-of-my-head examples.....

* I can run all over town looking like shit, in a POS car, and few people will assume I am a prostitute, crack addict or welfare queen. I get the "benefit of the doubt" that I am just a careless dresser who might be wealthy or not...more info needed.

Wow, that is an advantage. Next time I want to run all over town looking like shit, driving a piece of shit car I get to know that it's OK....... thank GOD for being white!

Mebbe it seems of no consequence, siatrro....but you dun have to fret it if your teenager runs out for milk at 10 pm wearing his sweats...and black parents do. All such things matter...getting a tat, getting piercings, wearing "cool clothes" etc. For a black parent whose kidlet wants to do these things, the stress is that that kidlet is placing himself or herself at a higher risk of interaction with the police.

Would you like it if your family and you needed "protective clothing" to be safe in public?

So cops are racist? What about black or hispanic cops?

I'm a 56 year old white male with gray hair, I was stopped by a white sheriff the other night for driving in my own community at 3 am the other night. The cop told me I took the turn a little wide, I was fully aware that he was behind me and took the turn in a normal way, that was his excuse to stop me, he was a member of a special DUI squad. I respectfully asked him what that meant and he really had no answer. I told him that I felt he was stopping me to see if I may have been drinking, he said that wasn't the case. I told him I had just gotten off work (I was in uniform and had my badge around my neck). I had remembered that I had some mail that needed to get out and the Post Office's first pickup was 5 am, I was driving home from there enjoying the weather with the top down, smoking a cigar. He said that was just fine but since he had already pulled me over, he would like to see my driver's license and insurance card. I handed them to him without any further comment. He returned and said thank you. I told him that I knew he was behind me, I took the turn normally and it was obvious that he had stopped me because it was 3 o'clock on Monday morning and he thought I might be drunk...... I then told him I was fine with that, I was in favor of him stopping suspicious people in my community. He denied it again.

My community has a small minority of black people and it would have easily been just as suspicious for a black guy to be driving through my community at 3 am........ would it have been a racial thing for the cop to pull over him for the same thing he pulled me over for? I think that it has more to do with attitudes of those being pulled over than racist cops.

Last edited:

So cops are racist? What about black or hispanic cops?

I dun think "racist" is the right word, sitarro. There is a much higher crime rate in the ghetto here than elsewhere. The worry is, if you are a middle class black family, that your kids will "look" as if they might be from the ghetto depending on how they are dressed or groomed.

This is a worry white parents do not have.

Is it racist for the cops to be more vigilant of black kids? That I dun know. I suppose you could argue either side of that. If you lived in a city with no poor people at all and a gaggle of black kids drove in, stereo blasting, is it racist for the cops to take a second look? Is it sexist to be more concerned about males than females, or ageist to look harder at teens?

Are there any sterotypes that are true?

90% white and mostly Christian

6%

Anti education

Anti gay

Anti women's rights

I can think of an entire political party of nothing BUT stereotypes.

Forum List

Back