Whites Kept From Elite Universities

To make all people equal libs used to want to bring the standards of blacks up, but since they have not been able to achive this they focus now on bringing down the standards of whites in hope of achiving equality.

To make all people equal libs used to want to bring the standards of blacks up, but since they have not been able to achive this they focus now on bringing down the standards of whites in hope of achiving equality.

What does the right wing care? It's not like they support education. Except Bible Study,

What does the right wing care? It's not like they support education. Except Bible Study,

You are a giant Jackass.

Don't even pretend right wingers respect education. That would be a lie.

Statistics have surfaced which prove Whites are seriously disadvantaged by the admissions process at top private colleges.

The study by two Princeton professors revealed not only that White students need higher grades and SAT scores than Blacks and Hispanics, a well-known fact; but also that participation in extracurricular activities such as R.O.T.C., 4-H, and Future Farmers of America reduced a student’s chance of being admitted by 60 or 65 percent.

The NY Times covered this as well, awhile ago. My google fu fails me, but their conclusions were quite similar. I don't think it's race as much as it is class. Not many landed gentry in the Future Farmers Of America. The question of college admissions and race is troubling, but not one-dimensional.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/opinion/30kahlenberg.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=discrimination%20whites%20elite%20colleges&st=cse

At our top universities, so-called legacy preferences affect larger numbers of students than traditional affirmative action programs for minority students, yet they have received a small fraction of the attention. Unlike the issue of racial preferences, advantages for alumni children — who are overwhelmingly white and wealthy — have been the subject of little scholarship, no state voter initiatives and no Supreme Court decisions.

Among selective research universities, public and private, almost three-quarters employ legacy preferences, as do the vast majority of selective liberal arts colleges. Some admissions departments insist they are used only as tie-breakers among deserving applicants. But studies have shown that being the child of an alumnus adds the equivalent of 160 SAT points to one’s application (using the traditional 400-to-1600-point scale, and not factoring in the new writing section of the test) and increases one’s chances of admission by almost 20 percentage points.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/opinion/30kahlenberg.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=discrimination%20whites%20elite%20colleges&st=cse

Statistics have surfaced which prove Whites are seriously disadvantaged by the admissions process at top private colleges.

The study by two Princeton professors revealed not only that White students need higher grades and SAT scores than Blacks and Hispanics, a well-known fact; but also that participation in extracurricular activities such as R.O.T.C., 4-H, and Future Farmers of America reduced a student’s chance of being admitted by 60 or 65 percent.

The NY Times covered this as well, awhile ago. My google fu fails me, but their conclusions were quite similar. I don't think it's race as much as it is class. Not many landed gentry in the Future Farmers Of America. The question of college admissions and race is troubling, but not one-dimensional.

At our top universities, so-called legacy preferences affect larger numbers of students than traditional affirmative action programs for minority students, yet they have received a small fraction of the attention. Unlike the issue of racial preferences, advantages for alumni children — who are overwhelmingly white and wealthy — have been the subject of little scholarship, no state voter initiatives and no Supreme Court decisions.

Among selective research universities, public and private, almost three-quarters employ legacy preferences, as do the vast majority of selective liberal arts colleges. Some admissions departments insist they are used only as tie-breakers among deserving applicants. But studies have shown that being the child of an alumnus adds the equivalent of 160 SAT points to one’s application (using the traditional 400-to-1600-point scale, and not factoring in the new writing section of the test) and increases one’s chances of admission by almost 20 percentage points.

You're a fucking idiot. John Tyson ring a bell? No? I'll give you a hint, MOST chicken you buy is produced by the company owned by this country idiot who yall like to make fun of. Last year alone he gave $16M to the University of Arkansas to fund among other things minority scholarships to their agri school.

It's so tough having those pesky mediocre minorities in the way of otherwise qualified mediocre whites getting in.

White have it so hard. :lol:

It's easy to dismiss the concern, but it is genuine I think. Yes, the son of a East Coast hedgefund Millionaire has it made. But does the son of an Alabama farmer? There is a class warfare going on in this nation, Luissa. The gap between the wealthy and the poor keeps getting bigger and the middle class keeps shrinking. These sorts of shitty and OBVIOUSLY unconstitutional barriers to upward mobility for the poor and middle class are one reason why.

Wait a minute! It used to be that mediocre white could get in, and no blacks could get in, mediocre, smart, or otherwise....

Life's so unfair.:eusa_boohoo:

Ozmar, I get the impression you emigrated here as an adult. That means you were educated in Australia, correct? Mebbe wanna study up a bit more on American history and sociology before making such insulting remarks about the US.

I would be less than popular if I moved to Australia and announced loudly every nasty fable I have ever heard about that nation's people, and you are facing that same obstacle here.

It's easy to dismiss the concern, but it is genuine I think. Yes, the son of a East Coast hedgefund Millionaire has it made. But does the son of an Alabama farmer? There is a class warfare going on in this nation, Luissa. The gap between the wealthy and the poor keeps getting bigger and the middle class keeps shrinking. These sorts of shitty and OBVIOUSLY unconstitutional barriers to upward mobility for the poor and middle class are one reason why.

I know what it is like to come from the middle, plus I am white. I couldn't get anything when I went to college straight out of high school. I also know that I had other advantages minorities didn't have. Affirmative action is not the reason the gap is getting bigger.
When you outsource all your jobs, and price the small business out of the market, that is how you widen the gap.
Companies like Walmart is what is widening the gap.

I know what it is like to come from the middle, plus I am white. I couldn't get anything when I went to college straight out of high school. I also know that I had other advantages minorities didn't have. Affirmative action is not the reason the gap is getting bigger.
When you outsource all your jobs, and price the small business out of the market, that is how you widen the gap.
Companies like Walmart is what is widening the gap.

I wasn't referring to Affirmative Action, Luissa. I was referring to the one-two punch of legacies locking up 25% or more of admissions slots and the whites from middle class or poor families being the only ones at any risk of being turned away as minority students are recruited.

There is a clear "opportunity cost" to whites that flows from installing any Affirmative Action program in an admissions protocol, but it is never the children of the rich who pay that price. BTW, is such any Affirmative Action program still legal after the Michigan decision?

Classism, not racism.

Last edited:
Ozmar, I get the impression you emigrated here as an adult. That means you were educated in Australia, correct? Mebbe wanna study up a bit more on American history and sociology before making such insulting remarks about the US.

I would be less than popular if I moved to Australia and announced loudly every nasty fable I have ever heard about that nation's people, and you are facing that same obstacle here.

I'm not going to buy that. If I changed my avatar and didn't claim to be from Australia, you would just as soon not be so dismissive of my opinions and observations. Would it surprise you to know that I have been in America for 10 years? And that I'm attending a university in America. I believe I know just as much, if not more about American history than most. You don't have a clue whether you would be less than popular or not in Australia, and you know little to nothing of my circumstances.

I am most certainly not facing that same obstacle you claim exists. :cuckoo:

Take your cheapshots elsewhere, Madeleine. Playing the foreigner don't know card won't work on me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back