whites ARE a minority

I'll be glad when Whites are a minority.

Then I can get me some of that affirmative action.

I don't think the current non-white minority will be so generous to us as we are to them right now once we become a minority in our country. One just have to look at Zimbabwe, South Africa and every other areas in Africa where whites once lived in. Plaasmoorde happen everyday over there in Zimbabwe and South Africa. In other words, it won't be pretty.

Firstly, hate crime charges are not necessarily by committed whites against non-whites.

Actually, a non-white person cannot be charged with a hate crime if he committed a crime against a white person with race a primary or secondary motivator.

Really? Can you provide us a link for that?

Sure, but I don't have the 15+ posts to post a link... Eric Holder, the Attorney General himself said that the hate crime legislation won't cover White Christians or Servicemen (The military is still predominantly White and Christian, btw).

Just copy and paste the text below and enter it into a search engine.

"Eric Holder: No Hate Crime Protection for White Christians or Servicemen"

I don't think the current non-white minority will be so generous to us as we are to them right now once we become a minority in our country. One just have to look at Zimbabwe, South Africa and every other areas in Africa where whites once lived in. Plaasmoorde happen everyday over there in Zimbabwe and South Africa. In other words, it won't be pretty.

Whites were never the majority in those countries.

I just discovered that only 32% of the residents of my city, Federal Way WA, are American Whites. 10% are Ukrainian, which are white, but I'm not sure they count. Either way, whites are now a minority in this city. Can I start crying racism now?

NO, you are not a protected class, though as a woman you have some protection.

The term is widely misunderstood. Believe it or not, and despite what you may have heard, under the law nobody is "in" a protected class.

Protected class under the law refers to race, religion, gender, etc, but not any PARTICULAR race, relgion, etc.

It is confusing, because when we hear the word "class", we naturally think of middle class, upper class, working class, etc. But in the legal context, in this area of law, class refers to a classification, such as race, religion, gender, country of origin, etc.

So if the protected class is religion, it is never a case where Baptists are protected, for instance, but not Mormons or Catholics. If you are discriminated against, say, in employment or public accomodation, in order to remain within the law, the discrimination cannot be based on race, religion, etc, and it is often difficult to prove anyway.

If a business bars you from entering because you are wearing a tank top, that is legal, because clothing or manner of dress is not a protected class under the law.

I remember back in the 1970s a night club could keep many blacks out by posting a sign that said "No Hats!" Why was this? Because at a particular time in the 1970s, young African American males who wanted to appear "bad" (in an appealing way) might wear big floppy hats, much like males today affecting a manner of dress implying "gangsta".

All African Americans were welcome, just leave the hat at home or in the car. The really bad actors (this was the club owner's view) would probably storm off in a huff rather than remove the hat, so this way the owner felt he wouldn't have to cater to punks and players with a bad attitude who were aggressive and more likely to provoke confrontation. From the owner's point of view, less problem customers.

If anyone felt they were discriminated against because of their race, they would have a much harder time proving their case because the overt discrimination was based on clothing, which was outside of any protected class.

Whites were never the majority in those countries.

The blacks may have outnumbered the whites demographically but the whites dominated every single aspect of political life, they controlled the military and every other position of power. The black man showed the white man respect because they feared us. Today, the whites are not in power anymore in SA or Zimbabwe, it made them very impudent and they are killing whites everyday at will with little to no consequences. That's the future for our people in America if we desire to empower every single non-European person in America and surrender our country to them without a single shot fired.

Pium -

Has it occurred to you that white men taking over large parts of Africa and turning them into police states may not have been the best long term strategy for developing a sane and just society?

At the time the Belgians started collecting the hands of runaway slaves, they also determined that the Congolese would distrust and hate the Belgians for the next 300 years.

I just discovered that only 32% of the residents of my city, Federal Way WA, are American Whites. 10% are Ukrainian, which are white, but I'm not sure they count. Either way, whites are now a minority in this city. Can I start crying racism now?

What ONE race are you saying is the majority?

This reminds me of that article that came out several years ago about how white were a minority ONLY when you group all non whites together.

Firstly, hate crime charges are not necessarily by committed whites against non-whites.

Actually, a non-white person cannot be charged with a hate crime if he committed a crime against a white person with race a primary or secondary motivator.
Secondly, the fact that no American Indian signed the Declaration of Independence or were involved in politics at that time was because white men would not allow them to participate in those processes - not purely because they chose not to. And speaking of which - how many slaves do you know who were allowed to participate in politics in that era?

Sure says a lot about the founding fathers' intentions for this country? ;)

Does this mean slaves did not play a part in the history and development of the USA?

I would agree that they've played a significant part in American history. Although I would not say they played a major part in development unless you call picking cottons major development.

Cotton farming was a HUGE development. And a black man invented the cotton gin. Also huge.

Blacks have played a major, MAJOR part in development.

This is false. Non-whites are charged with bias related crimes all the time. Where did you get your information?

Here is a recent example here in Seattle. Well, I tried, but I got a message saying I could only post URLs after my 15th post, and this is my second.

Here is a real easy way to find it. Type into your browser the address tinyurl, and it is a dot-com address.

Then after that type in / and yd3lvoy and hit Enter.

You should get an article titled "Hate Crime Charges Filed in Alleged Attack . . . "

The perpetrator was black, the victim white.

According to the most recently available Uniform Crime Statistics from the FBI, across all age/race/gender profiles, which group as a percentage of population is most likely to be charged with hate crimes? Can you guess? Young black males.

Are you citing a particular state law, when you say "a non-white person cannot be charged with a hate crime if he committed a crime against a white person"? What state? Can you cite the law? I cannot imagine it ever standing up in court based on the constitutional guarantee of equal protection under the law.

The protected class in this case is race, not any particular race.

So if the protected class is religion, it is never a case where Baptists are protected, for instance, but not Mormons or Catholics. If you are discriminated against, say, in employment or public accomodation, in order to remain within the law, the discrimination cannot be based on race, religion, etc, and it is often difficult to prove anyway.

You will hear people say things such as "I am a white male, so not in any protected class", but this belies a fundamental misunderstanding of "class" in this legal context.

Protected class under the law refers to race, religion, gender, etc, but not any PARTICULAR race, relgion, etc.

It is confusing, because when we hear the word "class", we naturally think of middle class, upper class, working class, etc. But in the legal context, in this area of law, class refers to a classification, such as race, religion, gender, country of origin, etc.

Ukranians talk funny so they don't count as white people.

Tell me ... what race has the majority in your city?

I asked that already (s)he doesn't get it.

No, I said I'm not sure they count because they are not Americans, not because of how they talk...good grief. I really don't know what race has the majority. I'm guessing if you include the Ukrainians as whites, it's white, if not, well, maybe Korean or Hispanic we have a lot of both of those in this city. I've been looking for the article ever since I was told about it, but can't find it online.

No, I said I'm not sure they count because they are not Americans, not because of how they talk...good grief. I really don't know what race has the majority. I'm guessing if you include the Ukrainians as whites, it's white, if not, well, maybe Korean or Hispanic we have a lot of both of those in this city. I've been looking for the article ever since I was told about it, but can't find it online.

So only American whites count as white?

Ok ...

Anyway ....

If you have 32% white and 10% Ukranian then you have 58% to account for your asian, latino, and black population. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whites are still the majority in your city.

If you have 32% white and 10% Ukranian then you have 58% to account for your asian, latino, and black population. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whites are still the majority in your city.

no. you mean a plurality.

no. you mean a plurality.

Right. That too. :razz:

Forum List

Back