Whitening = Air Brushing?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Gabourey Sidibe is one of my all-time favorite actresses. If Elle' did this, it pisses me off.

Airbrushing Controversy Surrounds Gabourey Sidibe Elle Cover | PopEater.com

Doesn't it seem odd that Elle' did not out-and-out deny this happened?

Her normal appearance vs. the Elle' cover:

gabourey-sidibe-elle-magazine-fall-cover-green-dress-590ls091610.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need an airbrush to make that photo happen - just open your camera up 2 F-Stops or hit her with a pretty strong sky-light flash. I did it all the time working for Olan Mills - it helped to sell bigger packages to dark-skinned families. Same was done only backwards for the fair-skinned - back the lights up a foot or two to give them some color.

You don't need an airbrush to make that photo happen - just open your camera up 2 F-Stops or hit her with a pretty strong sky-light flash. I did it all the time working for Olan Mills - it helped to sell bigger packages to dark-skinned families. Same was done only backwards for the fair-skinned - back the lights up a foot or two to give them some color.
So everyone's trying to look Mexican?

:tomato:

So everyone's trying to look Mexican?

:tomato:

Nope, dark folks want definition and a 3-D quality and ultra-white folks just want to appear alive.

All except for this goth chick who came in for her senior pics - she asked me to make her look as dead as possible.... fortunately she had her own satin pillow and long-stemmed lily. :eek:

Forum List

Back