Whitehouse Honey Ale.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Seems that President Obama served some beer brewed at the White House, made from equipment funded by the Obama's using Honey from the White House beehive.

Hmm..

Not a big fan of sweet anything..but sounds sort of interesting.:eusa_drool:

Seems that President Obama served some beer brewed at the White House, made from equipment funded by the Obama's using Honey from the White House beehive.

Hmm..

Most honey brews are a balancing act.

The beer used w/o the honey would be dark and bitter for some, the honey gives it a sweeter taste, not a sweet taste.

Kinda like putting some sugar in your coffee. None and you can still choke it down, to much and it's like wierd candy.

Hell, I'd buy some just to try it.

Like "Billy Beer", everyone tried it. then, well... ever see any on tap?

Hmm..

is it a 'light' beer?
:lol::rolleyes:

Hmm..

If you were a cop, you could arrest a black professor trying to get into his house, and then get invited to the White House for a taste.

Hmm..

The beer used w/o the honey would be dark and bitter for some, the honey gives it a sweeter taste, not a sweet taste.

Kinda like putting some sugar in your coffee. None and you can still choke it down, to much and it's like wierd candy.

I was just passing the tube on the way to get my dog for a walk..and I saw the story.

Hopefully..they make some for the public.

Hmm..

I was just passing the tube on the way to get my dog for a walk..and I saw the story.

They would have to have a large brew house to supply the public. So don't get your hopes up. :lol:

haha

Just had a poker night at the WH image flash through my head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :eusa_eh:

They would have to have a large brew house to supply the public. So don't get your hopes up. :lol:

haha

Just had a poker night at the WH image flash through my head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :eusa_eh:

Well Billy Beer became available..it's not that far fetched.

haha

Well Billy Beer became available..it's not that far fetched.

Ever have Billy Beer?

It was so bad I had to take another swig just to make sure it was as bad as I thought it was.

Hmm..

It won't be hard to make it better than Billy Beer was!:lol:

Fermenting beer with honey can boost the alcohol content significantly.

I made a Vienna style red last year in which I used honey. I added some extra hops to balance the sweetness. i have to admit it came out pretty damn good. It had a hoppy nose, all the bitterness was in front and it had a slightly sweet smooth finish.

Forum List

Back