Whitehouse bans media from talking to cleanup workers

How exactly can the Whitehouse legally block reporters from talking to, well, anyone?

Who's gonna stop them.:hmpf:

If anyone says anything they'll ether sue them to keep the ban going or do it till someone exposes the conspracy......and nobody is about to push it.

So the ban will continue...the spill will continue....and nothing will be done about anything this guy does.

Last edited:
One other thing that I've left out of all of this:

My buddy is the photo journalist. I go along when I can to help him out and run some cameras.

He's being told by his friends there that they are confiscating ALL photos of wildlife since last Thursday. So the journalists on the ground are complaining about that (which there aren't any stories on the media) and the fact that *someone* is working VERY HARD to be sure that the cleanup crews don't talk to any reporters.

The unusual thing is not the 65 feet, although that doesn't make a lot of sense to those who are there (and there aren't 50,000....more like 2-300). The unusual thing is the "no wildlife" and "no talking." That's why my buddy has decided to go.

My buddy is the photo journalist. I go along when I can to help him out and run some cameras.

He's being told by his friends there that they are confiscating ALL photos of wildlife since last Thursday. So the journalists on the ground are complaining about that (which there aren't any stories on the media) and the fact that *someone* is working VERY HARD to be sure that the cleanup crews don't talk to any reporters.

The unusual thing is not the 65 feet, although that doesn't make a lot of sense to those who are there (and there aren't 50,000....more like 2-300). The unusual thing is the "no wildlife" and "no talking." That's why my buddy has decided to go.

The correct word for this is censorship.

Obama doesn't want this to be an embarrassment anymore.

And it's all for our own good.

Last edited:
Have you figured out that Bill Clinton was a two term president yet?

clinton was a one term president once the blue dress came out. he was a lame duck, also he was impeached, imbama will be impeached. bush was a real two term president, the former, not the ladder. exbama will say anything to try to be with the neat kids. won't happen
In spite of everything the repubs threw at Clinton he left with an approval in the 70s, and a surplus.

clinton was a one term president once the blue dress came out. he was a lame duck, also he was impeached, imbama will be impeached. bush was a real two term president, the former, not the ladder. exbama will say anything to try to be with the neat kids. won't happen
In spite of everything the repubs threw at Clinton he left with an approval in the 70s, and a surplus.

He was never a ladder either, just thought I'd point that out.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

That's Cooper talking about the 65 feet. The first 10 minutes or so is him addressing the Gulf, the first 5 minutes are him talking about the new buffer zone.

There isn't much on interviews, but that is the word we have been getting, and what we're going to look at.

In any event, there is no question it has been "ratcheted up" several notches this week. And anyone asking "why?" is being threatened with fines and/or imprisonment.
No they aren't.

Your friend is an idiot to believe rumors. I see pictures of wildlife in the news all the time.

anyone thinking obama is a fan of civil rights is a fool....he did not do away with free speech zones...now did he?

Civil rights is mostly something to do with racial discrimination....this is mostly a matter of freedom of speech, life and liberty rather then civil rights.

We have the right to know that things are being done to keep us safe. Covering up what's going on is wrong and should be punished.

You don't understand how it works, do you? They didn't get up this morning, type that story, and push "publish." Those stories were all turned in last week, proofed and edited over the weekend, and run today. Check the dates on the photos.

And at least two people have been threatened with the fines, one in Texas, one in LA.

$40,000 fine Gulf - Google Search

You don't understand how it works, do you? They didn't get up this morning, type that story, and push "publish." Those stories were all turned in last week, proofed and edited over the weekend, and run today. Check the dates on the photos.

And at least two people have been threatened with the fines, one in Texas, one in LA.

$40,000 fine Gulf - Google Search
:rolleyes: Blogs and rumor sites...did you know 9/11 was an inside job? :cuckoo:

Photographers and other media are complaining that the this week's "65 foot buffer" of the beaches has been extended, and that any media one the beaches of Louisiana are now being ordered to leave. Rumors are beginning to float that the damage is far worse than is being reported. We saw that in Alabama, but it has subsided a great bit. I'm hearing it is actually getting worse in Louisiana and parts of Texas.

And why the ban on talking with members of the cleanup crews, even when off duty?

I have a friend who free lances as a photo journalist. He's thinking about going over sometime this week, and if he does, I'm going to go with him. I know Grand Isle and Houma well and have several friends working the cleanup there. We spent 3 months along the AL/MS/LA coast after Katrina filming and helping wherever we could, and several of our friends there are also involved in the cleanups. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

secrets

He was never a ladder either, just thought I'd point that out.

ladder day saints... sorry farmer and the latter.. farmer in the dell???

Last edited:
Photographers and other media are complaining that the this week's "65 foot buffer" of the beaches has been extended, and that any media one the beaches of Louisiana are now being ordered to leave. Rumors are beginning to float that the damage is far worse than is being reported. We saw that in Alabama, but it has subsided a great bit. I'm hearing it is actually getting worse in Louisiana and parts of Texas.

And why the ban on talking with members of the cleanup crews, even when off duty?

I have a friend who free lances as a photo journalist. He's thinking about going over sometime this week, and if he does, I'm going to go with him. I know Grand Isle and Houma well and have several friends working the cleanup there. We spent 3 months along the AL/MS/LA coast after Katrina filming and helping wherever we could, and several of our friends there are also involved in the cleanups. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Another in a long line of fucking lies. It is BP who is telling workers to shut up.

Nice attempt at a fucking lie. Calling a fucking lie a fucking lie.

Forum List

Back