Whitehouse bans media from talking to cleanup workers

Have you figured out that Bill Clinton was a two term president yet?

clinton was a one term president once the blue dress came out. he was a lame duck, also he was impeached, imbama will be impeached. bush was a real two term president, the former, not the ladder

That only makes you look slightly less stupid.

don't worry, i'm more than just slightly less stupid, quite a little bit less slightly, you know, stupit. i'm a lot les stupt before breakfast, than you are all day

Last edited:
This threa calls for the obligatory Bennett Marco homage:

Barack Obama is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most transparent human being I've ever known in my life.

Anderson Cooper reported early last week on the media bans in certain areas.
Whatever 'catchphrases' Obama campaigned on, just write them down and turn them around.
Transparency = Opaqueness, Hope = Hopelessness, etc., etc.

as bad as the "presidential" response to this disaster, it is still transcended by the egregiousnes of turning his back on democracy in iran. with respect to the press, it doesn't matter if the bulk of the press talk to the cleanup crew. all but fox and a few others would tilt it to make obama look in control, or even good.

the truth about obama is on the way, you will know it's time when reid and pelosi peel off to save themselves, and hilliary picks her battle with O, so she can run for his job. bill clinton would be a great first dude. better than he was as president.

Have you figured out that Bill Clinton was a two term president yet?

So was Bush, Your point? What does that prove?

This thread blows ass. Safety corridors good, barring press from talking to civilian clean up crews, bad. Offer some proof of the latter. Simple as that.

How can the whitehouse ban anyone from talking to anyone?

Uh, make it illegal? I have yet to see prove of it though.

$40,000.00 fine for violating the buffer, or the gag order.

Hopefully, we'll know more later this week. Word is now that it is the Coast Guard and BP contractors who are enforcing the bans, and that the workers have been instructed not to talk to media when they leave work, and to report immediately any media who attempts to talk to them. Still trying to find of anyone who has been levied the fine. Rumor is there are a couple, but none of our friends know who yet.

We'll see.....

How can the whitehouse ban anyone from talking to anyone?

Uh, make it illegal? I have yet to see prove of it though.

$40,000.00 fine for violating the buffer, or the gag order.

Hopefully, we'll know more later this week. Word is now that it is the Coast Guard and BP contractors who are enforcing the bans, and that the workers have been instructed not to talk to media when they leave work, and to report immediately any media who attempts to talk to them. Still trying to find of anyone who has been levied the fine. Rumor is there are a couple, but none of our friends know who yet.

We'll see.....

You have a link? Sorry I won't just take someone's word over something of this magnitude.

How exactly can the Whitehouse legally block reporters from talking to, well, anyone?

They are claiming the Buffer is for the peoples safety.

That I believe, there are cases of people becoming ill from being on the shores. I have no problem with that. IF they are telling people they can't interview cleanup workers though, that is fucked up.

Agreed though I have not seen any proof of that yet. However reporters who have been informed of the danger and have the proper protective gear should be allowed in to report the story. Are we really to believe reporters can be embedded with combat troops on thunder runs through Baghdad, and in countless other dangerous situations. But they can't cover an oil spill?

Last edited:
They are claiming the Buffer is for the peoples safety.

That I believe, there are cases of people becoming ill from being on the shores. I have no problem with that. IF they are telling people they can't interview cleanup workers though, that is fucked up.

Agreed though I have not seen any proof of that yet. However reporters who have been informed of the danger and have the proper protective gear should be allowed in to report the story

Why? So they can get in the way ? There's probably 50,000 reporters down there. You let them all in and watch what happens. Maybe a draft to choose who can go in?

Agreed though I have not seen any proof of that yet. However reporters who have been informed of the danger and have the proper protective gear should be allowed in to report the story

Why? So they can get in the way ? There's probably 50,000 reporters down there. You let them all in and watch what happens. Maybe a draft to choose who can go in?

yep much in the same way they chose reporters to send in with our troops in war. You can't let them all, but a sampling of Reporters should at least be allowed to cover it.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

That's Cooper talking about the 65 feet. The first 10 minutes or so is him addressing the Gulf, the first 5 minutes are him talking about the new buffer zone.

There isn't much on interviews, but that is the word we have been getting, and what we're going to look at.

In any event, there is no question it has been "ratcheted up" several notches this week. And anyone asking "why?" is being threatened with fines and/or imprisonment.

yep much in the same way they chose reporters to send in with our troops in war. You can't let them all, but a sampling of Reporters should at least be allowed to cover it.

I could go for that; and I definitely would be shocked if people were being told they can't talk to reporters, which of course no one has given proof of.

Forum List

Back