White Woman in a Black Afro: Racist?

In solidarity with anti-racism..... how stupid. Don't be a racist. That is solidarity with anti-racism.

She was only wanting info on the racial undertones of a White woman wearing an Afro wig. I don't see how that makes her racist.

Seems you think that everyone with a question pertaining to 'race' is a racist.

I didn't say she/he was a racist. I said the best way to show 'solidarity with anti-racism' (whatever the hell that means) is to not be a racist.

I see no racism in wearing a wig.... personally I think the OP is being more than a tad over sensitive to racism.

Okay, I thought you were telling her not to be a racist because you put it as one sentence. It may have been a bit easyer to understand if it was included with the sentence after, like: 'Don't be a racist, that is solidarity with anti-racism'.

ok well i must admit i'm a llittle confused here. . .

it would be no more racist for a white woman to wear an afro wig that it is for a black woman to relax her hair in order to mimick the texture of white, or other culture's hair. . . . . .

but if you truly want to show yourself as a non-racist and an embracer of your human brothers/sisters you have to consciously work to change the paradigm that society has instilled in most of us. . . .

She was only wanting info on the racial undertones of a White woman wearing an Afro wig. I don't see how that makes her racist.

Seems you think that everyone with a question pertaining to 'race' is a racist.

I didn't say she/he was a racist. I said the best way to show 'solidarity with anti-racism' (whatever the hell that means) is to not be a racist.

I see no racism in wearing a wig.... personally I think the OP is being more than a tad over sensitive to racism.

Okay, I thought you were telling her not to be a racist because you put it as one sentence. It may have been a bit easyer to understand if it was included with the sentence after, like: 'Don't be a racist, that is solidarity with anti-racism'.

What does 'easyer' mean?

Hi All,

I'm writing to gain insight regarding the racial undertones of a white woman buying and wearing an afro wig.

I am only interested in buying and wearing an afro wig because I think they are cool. The wig would NOT be used as any part of a Halloween costume, or worn with mockery or any sort of humor. I would wear the wig out (probably to a club, or the bar) in solidarity with anti-racism.

While my intentions are "good," is this still exotification of black people? I worry that it is.

Insights welcome, especially from African American women.

I think African American women would join me is proclaiming:

Y'all be one stupid-ass white bitch.

Hi All,

I'm writing to gain insight regarding the racial undertones of a white woman buying and wearing an afro wig.

I am only interested in buying and wearing an afro wig because I think they are cool. The wig would NOT be used as any part of a Halloween costume, or worn with mockery or any sort of humor. I would wear the wig out (probably to a club, or the bar) in solidarity with anti-racism.

While my intentions are "good," is this still exotification of black people? I worry that it is.

This might be the worst thread i have ever read. You are kidding, right? How does this show solidarity with anti-racism? What possible point does this make other than you put on an afro wig and at a club or bar? Really? Finally, what about all of the other races? What, they arent good enough for you to support at the bar or club, lol? Hey, maybe you can slant your eyes for the asians!!! Here's some advice: be a well rounded human being that doesnt tolerate racism. That should be good enough instead of trying to go overboard. Chances are if you are asking people for advice on if what you do pisses them off you just shouldnt do it. My god.

That's a mature response, Mad Scientist. I'm talking about racism here, not sexism. Thanks for belittling my sincere request for information!

sincere question? I doubt it....

seems like a very silly question for your first thread....

sheesh...:eusa_eh:

Hi All,

Are you going to wear some shoe polish on your face and drive up in a boomin, purple Impala with "28s" suckin on a chicken neck? That might get a reaction......... :razz::lol::lol::lol:

What does 'easyer' mean?

lol!!! Typos are one of my best qualities. :D

but if you truly want to show yourself as a non-racist and an embracer of your human brothers/sisters you have to consciously work to change the paradigm that society has instilled in most of us. . . .
What is the paradigm that society has instilled in most of us?

Forum List

Back