White Woman Had To Die - Again, Where Is The Outrage?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by GotZoom, Jul 6, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — A homeless ex-convict accused of killing a 56-year-old woman in a parking garage near a suburban mall told police that he was fighting a race war and killed her because she was white.

The man, Phillip Grant, 43, appeared at a court hearing Tuesday in shackles and a bulletproof vest. In a 45-minute videotape played during the hearing, Grant told police, "All I knew was she had blond hair and blue eyes and she had to die."

Grant, who is black, claimed Connie Russo-Carriero "was not an innocent victim — because she was white."

Russo-Carriero, a legal secretary and mother of two grown children, was stabbed to death last Wednesday afternoon while walking to her car at a parking garage next to the Galleria Mall. She was buried Tuesday.

Grant was charged with second-degree murder and weapon possession. Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said he could also be charged with a hate crime.

On the tape, Grant, a convicted rapist, said he was sick of being harassed on the street for being a registered sex offender. He also complained that Westchester County never helped him with his mental problems.

He also told police he was not remorseful for the killing and would hurt white people again if he could.

He told the judge in court Tuesday that he had wanted a journalist and his lawyer at the videotaping but they weren't there.

The judge ordered the case to go before a grand jury.

Grant served more than 20 years in prison and is labeled as a "level 3" sex offender, the most serious classification.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161680,00.html

2. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that in the NY Post this morning and I was totally outraged. This is a pathetically sick individual who deserves to be locked up until he rots.
    All our society needs is a modern black version of the KKK.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    GotZoom's point is, had the skin colour of the victim and the assailant been reversed, there would have been mass-rioting, death in the streets, ala Rodney King Verdict riots.

:-/

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Does NY state have "hate-crime" laws? If so, this guy would be a prime example of someone who should be prosecuted under them. (I am still against hate-crime laws, however.)

5. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    ....and was allowed to roam freely, where you live, where your children play, indeed wherever he wanted to go.

6. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why defense lawyers get rich and you are left holding the bag. The better legal representation you can afford, the better chance you have to walk.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    No, the man was convicted, served time, and let loose.

The problem is not the cost of a good defense. I doubt the man received anything other than the public defender. The problem is he should have been at least incarcerated/hospitalized for the rest of his life because of his crimes and his mental health or, depending on the violence of his crime, should have been outright executed.

8. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    If someone can't distinguish the difference between this case and one like the incident in Texas where they dragged that black man to death behind a pickup truck, then they are as deranged as the nutjob that killed this lady.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Which is exactly why I asked my question about hate crimes.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

...there IS no difference....I take that back - only different in circumstance, but NOT in motivation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1