White Trash Repairs:

EZ use the snowbank fridge thing if your power goes off during the ice storm.

Thanks dear! I'm also going to burn my neighbor's condo for heat ( the mean one) if our power goes out.

See, I'm very resourceful!

1dfcdea3-0aab-4f49-9c5e-2b37a02c9515.jpg

With bandaids, bubble gum, and duct tape anything can be repaired. That's a statement right out of the BBD's "You Fix It" manual, page 37. If none of these items are available, I recommend Gorilla Glue... If you can get it away from the Gorilla.

Last edited:
I was a mechanic for a regional airline and I know a few of those repairs are FAA approved standard practice.

Like this one:

speedtape04.jpg

When the wing flaps move in and out thousands of times they have a tendency to rub in certain areas. What this guy is putting on the flap is not plain old household "duct tape" but aluminum tape to prevent the rubbing until it gets to a maintenance depot where the problem will be looked at further. (Usually that same night)

Or this one:

speedtape01.jpg

This winglet is composite (not metal) and appears to have been repaired. But all we see is the aluminum "speed tape" applied over the repair which is perfectly acceptable. No airline is gonna' keep it's money generator on the ground while it waits for simple paint touch up.

Forum List

Back