White Students Walk Out

Good. Imagine if this were a white person at a predominantly black school. There would be mass media, jesse jackson would fly in to pray with...

Thomas issued a statement Tuesday in which she said that she is passionate about the topic of diversity and wanted to raise the level of awareness. She said that she never meant to be personal or critical of the students or the school.

And this is all she said to apologize. People would be calling for the resignation of the white person who said stuff like she said.

Quotes from her speech, ala the video release:

She apparantly said she did not understand white folks, yet lambasted white people for not understanding black people, insinuating that they were racists.

Then, a black student said that he did not really have a problem with what she said, but said the way she said it was offensive. But hey, everybody has freedom of speech.

My only problem is this, if it is going to be racist for a white person to put down black people, then it goes both ways. Racism in all forms is bad.

I agree if things were reversed and a white person said offensive things she would have been villified in the media.

Just look at the thread about the policemen eating a banana at a black march. The Mayor had to write a letter of appology to a woman who felt the cops were insulting her???????????

Trigg said:
Just look at the thread about the policemen eating a banana at a black march. The Mayor had to write a letter of appology to a woman who felt the cops were insulting her???????????

It was totally astounding that the spineless mayor sent an apology. For what? He should have flipped the bitch the finger.

Links at site

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004095.php

More Highlights Of High School Politics
CQ reader Angry TO points out yet another fiasco of outsiders coming into a high school to raise consciousness among the student body. After a speech by New Jersey's Secretary of State on racism, students walked out of classes yesterday at a South Jersey Catholic school to protest the accusatory tone of her appearance:

Some white students at a South Jersey Catholic school walked out of classes Tuesday in protest over a speech by the New Jersey Secretary of State Regina Thomas.
Tensions have been building up at Paul VI High School since Thomas' speech on racial justice last week.

Many students and faculty members walked out of the speech offended. They said that she lambasted one student for not knowing his black history and that she insinuated that the students were racist.

"It's, like, really crazy right now. Teachers are just standing by the doors. Kids are trying to get out. Kids are in the hallway, they won't go to class," one female student said.

The story originally appeared yesterday, when students first complained about the speech. Thomas' appearance resulted in creating the racial divisions she supposedly wanted to address, with black students receiving a backlash from a handful of immature white students for Thomas' "preacher-style" speech:

"You're watching your back every second because you're scared," said Kristen Minoh, an African-American student.
"(My friend) had a crumpled piece of paper in her locker that said, 'KKK all the way,'" said another African-American female student.

Stupid. That's why speakers at high schools should be well advised to temper their rhetoric around teenagers; they're not politically or emotionally developed enough to understand the preacher-style stemwinder that Thomas used. (Hell, neither are some adults.) In this case, even the faculty took exception to her style:

Even faculty members were taken aback by what they called an overly confrontational and disrespectful approach.
"It's unfortunate, because I don't think many people would argue with the fundamentals of the speech. It's just that the approach and the manner might have served, unfortunately, to undermine the key point," said Andrew Walton, of the Diocese of Camden.

Now we have a school that finds itself with inflamed racial strife just because a politician decided to use the opportunity to vent at and humiliate students for not agreeing with her politics. As with West Seattle High School (see below), the adults in charge should have controlled the situation better and Thomas, who should know better, should have thought more about her intended audience.

Gosh, will these liberal "do gooders" ever get off our backs and let us just live peacefully as racsists and homophobes? :teeth:

dilloduck said:
I'm a minority ---well er --I think i am--nevermind

Not any more. At the rate we're multiplying, we're now in the majority. We can start discriminating against William.

Hey William, get your damn honkey ass to the back of the bus! :teeth:

Merlin1047 said:
Not any more. At the rate we're multiplying, we're now in the majority. We can start discriminating against William.

ya foo---omelette you do dat !!! :afro:

Merlin1047 said:

Sammy Davis Jr. is waiting at a bus stop in the Old South. Bus rolls up and the door opens. "Sir, you'll have to sit in the back," the bus driver says. Sammy looks up and says, "I'm not black. I'm Jewish." Bus driver says, "In that case, you can't get on the bust at all!"

Forum List

Back