White Students No Longer Majority in Schools

I'm going to be you teach early grades.

I teach high school. Last year I taught 11th and 12th. This year I'm teaching 9th and 10th. The Hispanic kids are BY FAR the most respectful and most well behaved (along with the Asians).

If a kid's a bad student due to conduct--chances are they're white or black.

I'm going to be you teach early grades.

I teach high school. Last year I taught 11th and 12th. This year I'm teaching 9th and 10th. The Hispanic kids are BY FAR the most respectful and most well behaved (along with the Asians).

If a kid's a bad student due to conduct--chances are they're white or black.

Interesting. That's defying norms. Immigrant kids or American born Hispanics?

gop+race.jpg

People don't like the idea of minorities using their votes to gang up on whites and steal the income of whites.

People don't like the idea of minorities ruining all the public institutions that whites built over the centuries. Go back to the 50s and 60s, when whites were still 85% of the population and look how good the public schools were and how many whites actually sent their kids to these good schools. Now public schools are ruined.

Most of them are 1st generation Americans (who tend to be the best kids behavior wise). Since I teach English obviously they tend to struggle more than kids with American parents (as English tends to be their first language).

My theory is that their parents teach them just how lucky they are to live in America and the opportunities that the country gives them. And that in order to make the best of their opportunity they need to get a good education. That's just my theory there, I really have no substantial proof to back that up.

Of course there will be exceptions to the rule, but in general this is what I've found.

Most of them are 1st generation Americans (who tend to be the best kids behavior wise). Since I teach English obviously they tend to struggle more than kids with American parents (as English tends to be their first language).

My theory is that their parents teach them just how lucky they are to live in America and the opportunities that the country gives them. And that in order to make the best of their opportunity they need to get a good education. That's just my theory there, I really have no substantial proof to back that up.

Are you in a region with small Hispanic representation or fairly significant representation? Which culture are these kids acclimatizing to?

Are you in a region with small Hispanic representation or fairly significant representation? Which culture are these kids acclimatizing to?

Hispanics make up roughly 60% of the school's population. Whites and blacks make up roughly 20% each. It's a rural area--not urban.

Here in Los Angeles the mexican children and their mothers beg white people for money, just like they do in Mexico.

These people never get it. They need to build their own wealth and have higher standards. What they're doing is destroying what we created.

Did you consider that more families are home schooling, that are white families, and more white children are in Catholic schools or other private schools that are white children, and that families in some areas can now get voucher money to supplement the cost of putting their children in private schools? More parents putting their children in private schools, the less they will be willing to raise taxes to fund schools and improving American public education and research and development etc etc etc, imho. It's easier to take ones children out of poorly performing public schools than it is to fix these schools.....and one of my thoughts is who wants to use their own children as guinea pigs during the fixing period, if you can afford to put them in private schools?

I don't know if this actually affects those figures that you seem concerned with, but I would bet they do....

The other thing to consider, is that you can always move to an area or state that is more to your racial likings if it bothers you so much. Personally, I think you need to get a grip on this racial daemon of yours that shows it's face periodically....you made much more sense when you were on your "spending on research and development" kick!

White Students No Longer Majority in Schools

For the first time ever, U.S. public schools are projected this fall to have more minority students than non-Hispanic whites enrolled, a shift largely fueled by growth in the number of Hispanic children.

Non-Hispanic white students are still expected to be the largest racial group in the public schools this year at 49.8 percent. But the National Center for Education Statistics says minority students, when added together, will now make up the majority.

About one-quarter of the minority students are Hispanic, 15 percent are black and 5 percent are Asian and Pacific Islanders. Biracial students and Native Americans make up a smaller share of the minority student population.

Education Secretary Arne Duncan called the changing population a seminal moment in education. "We can't talk about other people's children. These are our children," he said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com White Students No Longer Majority in Schools

This sucks. The report a few years ago said that we had 5 years before children under 18 becomes majority non-white clearly is wrong. Wrong because children pre-public school are even higher non-white percentages. :doubt: Get ready for the shit to hit fan.

Did you consider that more families are home schooling, that are white families, and more white children are in Catholic schools or other private schools that are white children, and that families in some areas can now get voucher money to supplement the cost of putting their children in private schools? More parents putting their children in private schools, the less they will be willing to raise taxes to fund schools and improving American public education and research and development etc etc etc, imho. It's easier to take ones children out of poorly performing public schools than it is to fix these schools.....and one of my thoughts is who wants to use their own children as guinea pigs during the fixing period, if you can afford to put them in private schools?

I don't know if this actually affects those figures that you seem concerned with, but I would bet they do....

The other thing to consider, is that you can always move to an area or state that is more to your racial likings if it bothers you so much. Personally, I think you need to get a grip on this racial daemon of yours that shows it's face periodically....you made much more sense when you were on your "spending on research and development" kick!

I'm sure there's some truth to private schools depending on where you teach. But I'm teaching in a title 1 school. Most of the kids are poor. Forget about private schools--many of their parents can barely afford to put food on their tables.

As for the racial parts of your post-I don't play favorites. I treat ALL students the same. Everybody is expected to abide by the same rules. Anybody who doesn't will face the same punishments as anybody else would in whatever situation they're currently in.

I'm not Hispanic for the record.

I was merely pointing out an observation that I've made in the school that would surprise many white (and black) people. That's all I was doing. If you or anybody else reads more into than that--I'm not sure what to tell you.

no, no no,

I'm sure there's some truth to private schools depending on where you teach. But I'm teaching in a title 1 school. Most of the kids are poor. Forget about private schools--many of their parents can barely afford to put food on their tables.

As for the racial parts of your post-I don't play favorites. I treat ALL students the same. Everybody is expected to abide by the same rules. Anybody who doesn't will face the same punishments as anybody else would in whatever situation they're currently in.

I was merely pointing out an observation that I've made in the school that would surprise many white (and black) people. That's all I was doing. If you or anybody else reads more into than that--I'm not sure what to tell you.
no, no, no I was not responding to anything you had posted, I just read the op's post and a couple of others before responding!

Hispanics make up roughly 60% of the school's population. Whites and blacks make up roughly 20% each. It's a rural area--not urban.

You're probably dealing with some kind of selection effect - the type or personality or skills of the Hispanics in your area are producing this effect for it is NOT typical of what is seen in the national statistics.

Other than English, how are these kids performing academically?

Here in Los Angeles the mexican children and their mothers beg white people for money, just like they do in Mexico.

These people never get it. They need to build their own wealth and have higher standards. What they're doing is destroying what we created.

The problem is that people like the communities that they live in. These demographic tidal waves destroy the communities and force the hand of people to move, to get their kids out of public schools and into private schools. These demographic tidal waves are NOT forces of nature, they're entirely driven by policy CHOICES. Obama could order every single illegal infiltrator in the nation deported but he CHOOSES not to.

Your advice is contradictory. On the one hand you note that parents don't want to use their own children as guinea pigs in classroom experiments designed to improve the academic performance of OTHER KIDS and on the other hand you urge people to get a grip on these feelings.

I'm accepting you at your word because we're just having a friendly discussion but if your goal is to get me to change my position on the issue then I need more than your word, I need data, I need to see demographic information, I need to see methods, I need to see if other teachers and schools and districts in your area are achieving the same results.

The national data shows that Hispanics are achieving and behaving just a tad better than blacks. You are the odd man out.

I'm accepting you at your word because we're just having a friendly discussion but if your goal is to get me to change my position on the issue then I need more than your word, I need data, I need to see demographic information, I need to see methods, I need to see if other teachers and schools and districts in your area are achieving the same results.

The national data shows that Hispanics are achieving and behaving just a tad better than blacks. You are the odd man out.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. If you read my posts I'm ONLY mentioning my experiences. I made it clear that it's just based on my personal observations. I never made any claims about state/national statistics. If you have any experience in the classroom I'd love to hear it. It's one thing to read statistics and draw conclusions, it's another to actually do it.

You're probably dealing with some kind of selection effect - the type or personality or skills of the Hispanics in your area are producing this effect for it is NOT typical of what is seen in the national statistics.

Other than English, how are these kids performing academically?

They perform ok in other classes. They tend to struggle with English the most (for obvious reasons). They typically don't perform quite as well as the white kids academically, and I've never made that claim.

I suspect the behavior might be because I teach in a rural area, whereas the schools with higher minority populations in the nation tend to be the urban schools. But again that would just be an educated guess. For example fighting's not a problem at my school at all. But that's not the case in the urban schools (for students of all races).

People don't like the idea of minorities using their votes to gang up on whites and steal the income of whites.

People don't like the idea of minorities ruining all the public institutions that whites built over the centuries. Go back to the 50s and 60s, when whites were still 85% of the population and look how good the public schools were and how many whites actually sent their kids to these good schools. Now public schools are ruined.

Real "people" get sick to their stomachs with whiny "Oooh, I'm a victim!" bullshit from little bitches like you.

Real "people" get sick to their stomachs with whiny "Oooh, I'm a victim!" bullshit from little bitches like you.

Dripping Poo, do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion?

Zimbabwe and Haiti is reason enough for whites to fear our future in this land. Can you name a race of man to ever do more for human rights than the white man has??? Sure you can point out his downfalls and wrongs...But I ask you honestly.

Rights of man
Constitution of the US
Republican form of government
International human rights
Geneva convention
Legally Done away with Slavery. Can you say the same about anyone else?

Let's see you non-whites treat whites better and do more to advance human rights. Do that and you might be able to talk.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back