White Stripes' new album...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Once again, they've reinvented their sound in a new and exciting way. GOP_Jeff, you probably still won't like this one too much, but you might. The most significant changes are that Meg's drumming skills have gotten MUCH better, some of the songs, such as "My Doorbell", show her evolving as a drummer while still keeping her typical style. The other major change is that most of the songs are piano-oriented, giving the album a much more acoustic sound. While it is a more downbeat album than their usual stuff, this is a great album.

Dan said:
Once again, they've reinvented their sound in a new and exciting way. GOP_Jeff, you probably still won't like this one too much, but you might. The most significant changes are that Meg's drumming skills have gotten MUCH better, some of the songs, such as "My Doorbell", show her evolving as a drummer while still keeping her typical style. The other major change is that most of the songs are piano-oriented, giving the album a much more acoustic sound. While it is a more downbeat album than their usual stuff, this is a great album.

Dan, do they have a single out yet?

Dan, do they have a single out yet?

"Blue Orchid"

But, it's not representative of the new album at all. Look for "My Doorbell", that'll give you more of an idea of it. Blue Orchid's good and all, but it's very typical White Stripes.

Forum List

Back