White racists versus black racists

I'm enjoying the "targeted ad" at the top of this page:

imgad

LOL. I love the ad bot sometimes.

In matters of race, research shows key role for unconscious bias - The Boston Globe
"The arrest of Harvard professorHenry Louis Gates Jr. sparked allegations of racism, followed by fierce denials that race played a role in the 911 call or the police response to the report of a possible break-in at his Cambridge home.But social psychology research indicates that regardless of people’s stated attitudes about race, unconsciousracial biases can influence their behavior in surprisingly powerful ways.

That means that people who are not racist may unknowingly behave in ways that reflect racial stereotypes, even when they may disagree with such ideas.One study found that doctors with more unconscious bias against blacks were less likely to give African-American heart attack patients clot-busting medication than white patients. Another found that when participants in a computer simulation were told to shoot criminals but not unarmed citizens or police who appeared on the screen, more black than white men were incorrectly shot. Other work found that children perceived ambiguous, but aggressive behavior as more threatening if the perpetrator was black.

It’s impossible to know whether hidden bias caused Cambridge police Sergeant James M. Crowley, a white man who teaches courses on how to avoid racial profiling, to arrest the African-American Gates. But research indicates that a large majority of white people, and about half of black people, are quicker to make positive associations with white people and negative associations with black people.

Overall, Banaji said, about 75 percent of white people show a white preference in such lab experiments, whereas black people are split half and half between favoring black and white.

..."
In matters of race, research shows key role for unconscious bias - The Boston Globe

I see that the article makes certain claims, but the actual methodology of the study isn't listed or included. Who determined if or what actions were considered racist?

On my last tour in Afghanistan, one of my men was very seriously wounded. He was black and do you know what? His blood was the same colour as mine. How fucking strange is that!

You know something. I'm beginning to think we should start a war against racism. We could start by shooting all the racist bigots of all colours.

Anybody else besides me know a black racist who is pro white?
Maybe I'm not understanding your question but xsited1 comes to mind.:lol:

I thought it was interesting, in view of all the accusations being tossed around by some people that blacks hate whites, to note that about 75% of white people show a white preference in lab experiments, whereas black people are split half and half between favoring black and white.

The article is interesting also because it explains why racism might be innate and a factor in survival of the species.
It only makes sense that racism is inate. Not sure that it is a logical factor in the survival of the species. IMO, mixing cultures leads to a better overall understanding of how to survive. I think racism (or the real meaning of the word--ethnism) is a regressive trait...just taking a really, really long time to be phased out.

"Ya cause such studies are not biased themselves."

LOL! Tardo Sarge neg reps me for the OP. It must have hit a nerve or something. Such a complicated man.

It only makes sense that racism is inate. Not sure that it is a logical factor in the survival of the species. IMO, mixing cultures leads to a better overall understanding of how to survive. I think racism (or the real meaning of the word--ethnism) is a regressive trait...just taking a really, really long time to be phased out.

Racism/ethnism amy have been useful back when humans live in small homogeneous groups. But when civilization rose, the trait started to become more of an impediment. I'm beginning to think, that racism has some biological origins, like this study suggests.

I see that the article makes certain claims, but the actual methodology of the study isn't listed or included. Who determined if or what actions were considered racist?
It would be good to know more. I remember reading about tthe study before. I think they showed people photos of people's faces and measured their reactions with skin sensors or something like that. Also, I wonder what were the criteria for being white and black, since there are many multi racial people around. I wonder if they tested for other racial types.

If he's marrying her for her money, perhaps.

Is that how it always is, or do some white guys find a woman of a different race hot instantly?

My friend Bill, who is white, only dates black women. He's been like this all his life. I've known a few other guys who are like that too. Is he racist against white women, even though he's white too? Or is he just sexually attracted to black women, and not white?

I think it's the latter, like you said some guys only prefer blondes, or Asian women, or petite chicks, etc.................
I have a black friend who will only date white women. He says black women are too angry and difficult to deal with. He says he would never even give a black woman a chance. I told him that made him a racist and he said,"So be it".

Is that how it always is, or do some white guys find a woman of a different race hot instantly?

My friend Bill, who is white, only dates black women. He's been like this all his life. I've known a few other guys who are like that too. Is he racist against white women, even though he's white too? Or is he just sexually attracted to black women, and not white?

I think it's the latter, like you said some guys only prefer blondes, or Asian women, or petite chicks, etc.................
I have a black friend who will only date white women. He says black women are too angry and difficult to deal with. He says he would never even give a black woman a chance. I told him that made him a racist and he said,"So be it".

Him saying that would make my black women friends angry! :lol:

Bill is just sexually/physically attracted to black women. Nothing more, nor less about it!

It would be good to know more. I remember reading about tthe study before. I think they showed people photos of people's faces and measured their reactions with skin sensors or something like that. Also, I wonder what were the criteria for being white and black, since there are many multi racial people around. I wonder if they tested for other racial types.

I wonder how "skin sensors" can determine racism? (If that is what they did) Wouldn't a person have to program into the machine what something supposedly meant?
It would have been better if the article actually linked to the study and its methodology.
Furthermore, as you said about multi-racial, I've found that many studies that only mention black vs white are put together by people looking to justify their pre-conceived opinions about racial bias.

I wonder how "skin sensors" can determine racism? (If that is what they did) Wouldn't a person have to program into the machine what something supposedly meant?
It would have been better if the article actually linked to the study and its methodology.
Furthermore, as you said about multi-racial, I've found that many studies that only mention black vs white are put together by people looking to justify their pre-conceived opinions about racial bias.
I think the skin sensors measured fear, somehow, and reactions to photos of blacks and whites holding guns. I really don't know. I don't have any reason to believe this researcher had any ulterior motives.
But it seems to me to reflect what I've noticed in my own experiences. I have gotten special treatment from blacks and I'm sure my skin color had something to do with it.

Last edited:

I think the skin sensors measured fear, somehow, and reactions to photos of blacks and whites holding guns. I really don't know. I don't have any reason to believe this researcher had any ulterior motives.
But it seems to me to reflect what I've noticed in my own experiences. I have gotten special treatment from blacks and I'm sure my skin color had something to do with it.
Or their fear.

Forum List

Back