White privilege

I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently...

It seems to me that you still don't grasp the concept of individual accountability. You can't make people do what is right. They have to do that for themselves.

Yes, everybody learns differently. So what? Are you assuming that no one has ever tried? That all past efforts were a failure because they just didn't do it right? Seriously? No. Some did escape, so that can't be the reason. If you want to solve this problem, you will have to get to the root cause and the root cause is the behavior of the individuals. Collectively, they are dragging themselves down.

I wasn't assuming anything of the sort. And I don't see its relevance

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Ok so just to be straight, your theory is that black Americans are genetically dumber than whites and that is why they are struggling. Basically you are a white supremisist. Did I get that right?
Do you believe intelligence is fixed? I don't. I believe the brain is like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it gets. So removing race from the equation, if there is a group of people who consistently under perform in society relative to other groups, wouldn't it make sense that they do not have the intelligence of other groups? Let me ask it this way, how stupid would you have to be to keep doing the same things and not expect your results to change? Wouldn't your intelligence dictate that you would need to do something different? Or would you keep doing the exact same things? Certainly intelligence does enter the picture when it comes to people doing stupid things, right?
Yes of course, I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently... notice that we are flip flopping positions? Before you didn't want to recognize disparaging circumstances due to oppression because everybody is unique and has the opportunity for success. Now with the IQ question you are trying to generalize an entire race based on low IQ
You are misstating my position, brother. I do not want to base legislation on past injustices for people today. Why? Because it makes no sense, has not shown to work, eliminates accountability, transfers control to external sources, leads to fatalism, destroys the spirit of man and does not ennoble the spirit of man.

I have not flip flopped positions in the slightest. This has always been my argument and will always be my argument.

Everyone does have an equal opportunity for success. Not everyone will achieve the same success. There are no guarantees. The problem is that people do not accept that not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes.

I am not trying to generalize an entire race based upon their intelligence. I am explaining to you that on an individual basis, people who are intelligent will not continue to practice the same failed behaviors. Other than they tend to do what they see, there is no good explanation for the why they keep doing the same stupid things.
I agree with you there. I don't think we need legislation to fix this issue.

I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently...

It seems to me that you still don't grasp the concept of individual accountability. You can't make people do what is right. They have to do that for themselves.

Yes, everybody learns differently. So what? Are you assuming that no one has ever tried? That all past efforts were a failure because they just didn't do it right? Seriously? No. Some did escape, so that can't be the reason. If you want to solve this problem, you will have to get to the root cause and the root cause is the behavior of the individuals. Collectively, they are dragging themselves down.
You misunderstood my statement. I was referring to education in general... didn't have any implications to racial or social class groups

Whatever floats my boat? You mean like history? Or facts? Yes, history and facts do float my boat. She sails quite nicely too.

History and facts are inconvenient for some folks. I love them.
So what is factually inaccurate about what I've been saying?

you have been assuming that the Africans sent over the best and brightest into slavery.
the most brutish is the answer
I wasn't assuming anything of the sort. And I don't see its relevance

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Ok so just to be straight, your theory is that black Americans are genetically dumber than whites and that is why they are struggling. Basically you are a white supremisist. Did I get that right?

just the facts, maam

That's a good point. Instead of just saying that they did it to themselves, why don't we look a little closer? Since the 1930s, what factors do you think led to the degration of the black family?

President Lyndon Johnson his Great Society and his War on Poverty.

Last edited:
Yes of course, I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently...

Not necessary. I have been an instructor of adults for over thirty years. Different people best learn through different methods. Which is why an excellent instructor, such as myself, incorporates different methods thus keeping everyone interested and learning.

Yes of course, I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently...

Not necessary. I have been an instructor of adults for over thirty years. Different people best learn through different methods. Which is why an excellent instructor, such as myself, incorporates different methods thus keeping everyone interested and learning.
And where do we find these excellent instructors such as yourself? Where do they learn these different methods to incorporate into their curriculum?

:lol:

Ever notice that the whole concept of white privilege is the same racist idea that white people are superior and better than other races. The only difference between white privilege and traditional racism is they encourage guilt instead of pride.
No definition.

No link.

Very lame O/P.

meme2.jpg
Well Hossfly you took the O/P's bait but how can you have any idea of what he is talking about ??

No definitions.

No links.

I think it's out there, not something that I have thought about in my daily life, but somehow, I just feel like it is there...

As a white person... does this mean that subconsciously I believe Whites are superior somehow, I don't think so? I think all people (and animals) tend to be more comfortable and safer with people (or creatures) that look like the people we grew up with as very young children....there was a documentary on this on the Discovery channel not long ago that was interesting regarding this....

So, if you are using skin tone as the criteria... and a majority of a certain skin tone of people in the workforce are managers, store owners, CEO's, Directors, etc and doing most of the hiring, I can see how...in a subconscious way, that with 2 equal candidates to hire, of two different skin tones, they would hire the candidate they feel most comfortable with, the one with the same skin tone in most cases....

without a single racist thought or intentional malice.

And also, as a white person, interviewing with another white person, it could make me more at ease in the interview than a person of color would be, which also could give me a silent edge, again, without even being aware of it.

So, especially after watching that science experiment / documentary, I think there could be something called "white privilege", that's real, but not necessarily done with any kind of malice.
So now you Care4all are discussing prejudice.

Is THAT what the O/P had in mind ??

I still can't tell.

No definitions.

No links.

Ever notice that the whole concept of white privilege is the same racist idea that white people are superior and better than other races. The only difference between white privilege and traditional racism is they encourage guilt instead of pride.
So what did you Avatar4321 get out of this thread and it's replies ??

Forum List

Back