White Power

Hasn't it been your assertion in previous post that whites are largely not affected by black racism?

Yes, it has. This is clearly not compatible with the fact that only whites can be racist. After all, how could I say thats whites are not affected by black racism, if blacks are never racist?

Because according to you they are more powerful than blacks, therefore they aren't affected like blacks are affected by white racism? So it sounds as though I properly concluded what your definition of racism is, white racism towards blacks.

No, it sounds as if you don't know the definition of the word racism and are mixing two different definitions quite badly.

Yes, it has. This is clearly not compatible with the fact that only whites can be racist. After all, how could I say thats whites are not affected by black racism, if blacks are never racist?

No, it sounds as if you don't know the definition of the word racism and are mixing two different definitions quite badly.

Its all your record on this messageboard...:eusa_wall:

If you child gets into an argument with a kid at school who happens to be overweight, and your kid says, "Get away fat ass." Does that mean your child is discriminative against all fat people? NOPE.
Your kid picked out a difference...because if your kid was fat, it's unlikely he'd call the other kid a "fat ass." People choose differences in confrontations. It's a simple as that.

If you get into an argument with a black guy, you're going to call him a black guy as if it's something to be ashamed of. And he's going to call you a "white boy" or "honky" or "cracker" as if you're supposed to be ashamed of it. Does it mean you're racists? Or the other guy is racist? NOPE....it just means he specifically targeted your difference to him.

I think you and Larkin are both correct. When you use white or black or fat or whatever as a descriptive adjective it shouldn't be taken as racist. At the same time there is no denying that blacks, latinos, etc., are discriminated against more by society than whites are.

And we won't even bring up sexism, you bible-thumper Tex-ass white boy.

;)

as see here as well facts mean nothing to you....

i have given a few cites to the TUCC website that show it was founded on black power and black theology, but keep you head in the sand so we don't have look at it.

There is a curious irony here that exists only in your racist mind, asshole. When a group tries to raise itself up, given centuries of discrimination and prejudice, that is somehow wrong. Would you please crawl back in your hole.

"The historical roots of liberation theology are to be found in the prophetic tradition of evangelists and missionaries from the earliest colonial days in Latin America -- churchmen who questioned the type of presence adopted by the church and the way indigenous peoples, blacks, mestizos, and the poor rural and urban masses were treated."

http://www.landreform.org/boff2.htm

Actually being white means you get more callbacks than blacks, along with various other perks.

I can smell your BS from hear. You are biased and one-sided. You could also say that blacks and whites are discriminated against by employers because they can higher Mexicans to do cheaper labor...farmers, Shipley's, Wal-Mart, etc...
You can't take one study and apply it the entire U.S. We are all different, and that's the simple fact, if we were all the same, then we wouldn't have anything to do. The fact is, people target differences, whether it's shoes, clothing, height, weight, color, they target differences. I know enough about the human brain, and how it reacts when your heart-rate is up to know that people say rash things in a heated argument of confrontation. You probably told your parents you hate them when you were a teenager...does that mean you hate all parents? Or still hate your parents??? NOPE. So you get into an argument and you call him an "arrogant black prick." Does that mean that all blacks are arrogant black pricks in your eyes?? Or that you hate all black people because you told the guy what his skin color was...as if it were something bad?? No. It just means you targeted something that is different from you.

And what question would that be?

The question I asked about stereotyping...go back and read it.

They are treated differently in our society.

Everyone is treated differently...fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly, pretty, rich, poor, middle-class, fashionable, unfashionalbe, homeless....BUT, they are not treated differently under the law. You can be racist all you want, but as soon as you commit a hate crime, or law against civil-rights/liberty, then then you will be prosecuted. I garauntee you that in society, if it was discovered the the employer was not hiring people because they were black, he would lose his job/business because he was discriminating....it's against the law.

No, actually I'm not going to call someone a "black guy" if I get into an argument with someone who is black. Yes, that is racism.

Well that's you, you're the exception. Hurray for Larkin!!:clap2:

You just refuse to see it. What do you think not getting callbacks means, nothing at all?

It means he/she wasn't qualified for the job. Resume's only show your credentials...it doesn't show your attitude. I've known people to have the greatest looking resume on the planet, but didn't get hired because they had a crappy attitude.

The ONLY DIFFERENCE between the resumes were the NAMES. Why, if there is no large scale racism, did whites get callbacks 300% more than blacks did?

So are you assuming that because one study showed this, that every employer in the U.S. does this and that the entire country is racist?? And that there's still large scale racism and oppression of blacks??? You need to start watching some better TV channels. And really reconsider your definition of racism. IMO

I can smell your BS from hear. You are biased and one-sided. You could also say that blacks and whites are discriminated against by employers because they can higher Mexicans to do cheaper labor...farmers, Shipley's, Wal-Mart, etc...
You can't take one study and apply it the entire U.S. We are all different, and that's the simple fact, if we were all the same, then we wouldn't have anything to do. The fact is, people target differences, whether it's shoes, clothing, height, weight, color, they target differences. I know enough about the human brain, and how it reacts when your heart-rate is up to know that people say rash things in a heated argument of confrontation. You probably told your parents you hate them when you were a teenager...does that mean you hate all parents? Or still hate your parents??? NOPE. So you get into an argument and you call him an "arrogant black prick." Does that mean that all blacks are arrogant black pricks in your eyes?? Or that you hate all black people because you told the guy what his skin color was...as if it were something bad?? No. It just means you targeted something that is different from you.

This is just a bunch of bullshit non-sequiters. Fact is, it is MUCH easier to get a professional job if you are white in this country than if you are black for NO other reason than the color of your skin.

The question I asked about stereotyping...go back and read it.

I anwsered them all. Which is why I asked which one you meant. :eusa_wall:

Everyone is treated differently...fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly, pretty, rich, poor, middle-class, fashionable, unfashionalbe, homeless....BUT, they are not treated differently under the law

Speeding is against the law as well. And we know how rarely THAT ever happens.

You can be racist all you want, but as soon as you commit a hate crime, or law against civil-rights/liberty, then then you will be prosecuted. I garauntee you that in society, if it was discovered the the employer was not hiring people because they were black, he would lose his job/business because he was discriminating....it's against the law.

Don't guarantee things you can't deliver. Guess what the law now says? You have to report discrimination 60 days after it happened. So if you don't find out until the 61st day, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

By the way, you don't "lose your job/business" if you discriminate. Its usually a fine, and not a huge one. And discrimination isn't the same as a hate crime.

It means he/she wasn't qualified for the job. Resume's only show your credentials...it doesn't show your attitude. I've known people to have the greatest looking resume on the planet, but didn't get hired because they had a crappy attitude.

The ONLY thing that was given was a resume. They had NEVER met the person behind the resume. Unless you think its ok for employers not to hire blacks because they all have "crappy resumes"?

So are you assuming that because one study showed this, that every employer in the U.S. does this and that the entire country is racist??

Really the over-generalized strawmen are getting annoying. No, I never said every employer in the US does this. I said that its widespread.

And that there's still large scale racism and oppression of blacks???

Yes.

You need to start watching some better TV channels. And really reconsider your definition of racism. IMO

I've never owned a TV in my life. I read. You should try it sometime.

Fact is, it is MUCH easier to get a professional job if you are white in this country than if you are black for NO other reason than the color of your skin.

do you have evidence of this from this side of the 80s?

This is just a bunch of bullshit non-sequiters. Fact is, it is MUCH easier to get a professional job if you are white in this country than if you are black for NO other reason than the color of your skin.

I anwsered them all. Which is why I asked which one you meant. :eusa_wall:

Speeding is against the law as well. And we know how rarely THAT ever happens.

Don't guarantee things you can't deliver. Guess what the law now says? You have to report discrimination 60 days after it happened. So if you don't find out until the 61st day, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

By the way, you don't "lose your job/business" if you discriminate. Its usually a fine, and not a huge one. And discrimination isn't the same as a hate crime.

The ONLY thing that was given was a resume. They had NEVER met the person behind the resume. Unless you think its ok for employers not to hire blacks because they all have "crappy resumes"?

Really the over-generalized strawmen are getting annoying. No, I never said every employer in the US does this. I said that its widespread.

Yes.

I've never owned a TV in my life. I read. You should try it sometime.

But i think statistics might show that once hired as an executive or employee, it is much EASIER for a white person to lose their job in a downsizing or just to lose it, than it is for the black employee? I think it will show that minority employees have more protections once hired than white employees.

In fact, i witnessed it on a 600 employee downsize/restructuring of reebok, and those employees kept and not pink slipped were not based on keeping the best employees on performance or time spent with the company... from what i viewed and knew.

our system isn't perfect....

I do recognize that work discrimation, involved with hiring minorities is still prevelent, not knocking that it is greater than most discrimination....but i would also think that there are some small groups out there that are being discriminated against in the workforce at a greater percentage of the group than mere color.... as an example, i would bet People that are fat, probably suffer more in hiring....and a huge group, women......having parity in women's pay for the exact same job as the male employee, being hired for top ceo mega bucks positions etc....

even the crap in our media demanding a hillary to quit, even before the ''man'' in the race has enough votes to win the race.....

that would never have happened with a man contender or a black contender going against a white contender in a near 50/50 race.....the man ever so slightly trailing would not have been hounded to quit....

to be only looking thru a tunnel on this issue of discrimination is not good for our country either....imo.

Care

Fact is, it is MUCH easier to get a professional job if you are white in this country than if you are black for NO other reason than the color of your skin.

What's the definition of professional job?

But i think statistics might show that once hired as an executive or employee, it is much EASIER for a white person to lose their job in a downsizing or just to lose it, than it is for the black employee? I think it will show that minority employees have more protections once hired than white employees.

In fact, i witnessed it on a 600 employee downsize/restructuring of reebok, and those employees kept and not pink slipped were not based on keeping the best employees on performance or time spent with the company... from what i viewed and knew.

our system isn't perfect....

I do recognize that work discrimation, involved with hiring minorities is still prevelent, not knocking that it is greater than most discrimination....but i would also think that there are some small groups out there that are being discriminated against in the workforce at a greater percentage of the group than mere color.... as an example, i would bet People that are fat, probably suffer more in hiring....and a huge group, women......having parity in women's pay for the exact same job as the male employee, being hired for top ceo mega bucks positions etc....

even the crap in our media demanding a hillary to quit, even before the ''man'' in the race has enough votes to win the race.....

that would never have happened with a man contender or a black contender going against a white contender in a near 50/50 race.....the man ever so slightly trailing would not have been hounded to quit....

to be only looking thru a tunnel on this issue of discrimination is not good for our country either....imo.

Care

Care, I don't know if it sexism so much as fear of looking racist. The whisper campaign has been really annoying to me since it has been among Dems this time.

The study was from 2003.

I was using it just as a quicker way of saying a job that you submit a resume to, and get a callback from.

So they are being discriminated against on the basis of their name? Or do you mean after the call back and the interview they are discriminated against?

So they are being discriminated against on the basis of their name? Or do you mean after the call back and the interview they are discriminated against?

On the basis of their name alone. John is 300% more likely to get a callback than Ayisha.

On the basis of their name alone. John is 300% more likely to get a callback than Ayisha.

huh.

So a black guy name John would get a call back but a white guy named Ayisha probably wouldn't.

I see what you are saying now but I have to wonder what is going on here. For instance, would Billy Bob get a call back? Could it be more of a cultural stereotype than actual racism?

Forum List

Back