White Power

The Al Sharpton's and Rev Wright's of this world don't have a job without keeping the eyes of their followers firmly planted on the racism and divisiveness. They have nothing to gain from integration.

Except that minor little thing called equality.

Yurt's usual irrelevance, McCain's Church and Obama's church are founded on Christianity. Next idiotic attempt at irrelevancy please.

as see here as well facts mean nothing to you....

i have given a few cites to the TUCC website that show it was founded on black power and black theology, but keep you head in the sand so we don't have look at it.

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

(emphasis original)

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

This has nothing to do with your argument. The statistics of thugs and robbers, in no way, reflects racism. It's called stereotyping....if stereotyping were considered racist, it would be called so.

The civil rights activists fought for equality...and that's exactly what they got. A high number of black individuals that don't adhere to the law has nothing to do with racism.

This has nothing to do with your argument. The statistics of thugs and robbers, in no way, reflects racism. It's called stereotyping....if stereotyping were considered racist, it would be called so.

Stereotyping based on race IS racism. And the link, obviously, wasn't just about "thugs and robbers".

The civil rights activists fought for equality...and that's exactly what they got. A high number of black individuals that don't adhere to the law has nothing to do with racism.

Which is why equal resumes with black-sounding names get fewer callbacks, right? If thats your idea of equality, then no wonder those who get discriminated against because of their color preach black power.

Stereotyping based on race IS racism. And the link, obviously, wasn't just about "thugs and robbers".

Which is why equal resumes with black-sounding names get fewer callbacks, right? If thats your idea of equality, then no wonder those who get discriminated against because of their color preach black power.

So your saying that if I say most blacks eat water-melon and fried chicken...then that's racist...? Even though most (especially where I live) do like to eat such things???

I guess it's racist to go eat "mexican food" as well. Because whose to say all Mexicans eat rice, beans, and tortillas???

Stereotyping is not racist. It's an acknowledgement of differences. It's called culture. And much of it is fact.

You need some statistics on that....It would also be the same, if the job found out that the applicants church preached the teachings of the KKK...I bet that guy wouldn't get a call back either.

So your saying that if I say most blacks eat water-melon and fried chicken...then that's racist...? Even though most (especially where I live) do like to eat such things???

Yes, it is. Not all racism is equally harmful.

I guess it's racist to go eat "mexican food" as well. Because whose to say all Mexicans eat rice, beans, and tortillas???

:eusa_wall:

Mexico is also a country where that type of food originated from.

Stereotyping is not racist. It's an acknowledgement of differences. It's called culture. And much of it is fact.

Stereotypeing is about race, not culture. You can't tell what culture someone is from by looking at them.

You need some statistics on that....It would also be the same, if the job found out that the applicants church preached the teachings of the KKK...I bet that guy wouldn't get a call back either.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_9_20/ai_104521293/pg_3

Excuse me? A black name means the individual is BLACK. Nothing more. If you think that a black name is indiciative of a membership in some black KKK, then I can see why you don't want to acknowledge racism against blacks. :rolleyes:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_9_20/ai_104521293/pg_3

Excuse me? A black name means the individual is BLACK. Nothing more. If you think that a black name is indiciative of a membership in some black KKK, then I can see why you don't want to acknowledge racism against blacks. :rolleyes:

That's right, and a white means an individaul is white. Nothing more. So why is it you think "white" means more than it is supposed to, and black seems to not mean as much, or something else entirely. And you didn't answer my question. You've dodged my statements about stereotyping.

If you're trying to get at the point that there is no difference between blacks and whites, you're sorely mistaken. You mind as well say that whites and mexicans are the same. Granted, they're treated the same under the law, but are not the same.

If you child gets into an argument with a kid at school who happens to be overweight, and your kid says, "Get away fat ass." Does that mean your child is discriminative against all fat people? NOPE.
Your kid picked out a difference...because if your kid was fat, it's unlikely he'd call the other kid a "fat ass." People choose differences in confrontations. It's a simple as that.

If you get into an argument with a black guy, you're going to call him a black guy as if it's something to be ashamed of. And he's going to call you a "white boy" or "honky" or "cracker" as if you're supposed to be ashamed of it. Does it mean you're racists? Or the other guy is racist? NOPE....it just means he specifically targeted your difference to him.

THERE IS NO LARGE SCALE RACISM OR MISTREATMENT OF BLACKS IN TODAY'S SOCIETY...

It would trouble me because as far as I know, there hasn't been a massive group of white people taken from Europe, sent to a foreign land and forced to adapt the religion, culture, and language of the new land occupied by many oppressive people who consider themselves superior because of their skin color.

Guess you missed the part of the book that said the Africans sold themselves into slavery.

That's right, and a white means an individaul is white. Nothing more. So why is it you think "white" means more than it is supposed to, and black seems to not mean as much, or something else entirely.

Actually being white means you get more callbacks than blacks, along with various other perks.

And you didn't answer my question. You've dodged my statements about stereotyping.

And what question would that be?

If you're trying to get at the point that there is no difference between blacks and whites, you're sorely mistaken. You mind as well say that whites and mexicans are the same. Granted, they're treated the same under the law, but are not the same.

They are treated differently in our society.

If you child gets into an argument with a kid at school who happens to be overweight, and your kid says, "Get away fat ass." Does that mean your child is discriminative against all fat people? NOPE.
Your kid picked out a difference...because if your kid was fat, it's unlikely he'd call the other kid a "fat ass." People choose differences in confrontations. It's a simple as that.

If you get into an argument with a black guy, you're going to call him a black guy as if it's something to be ashamed of. And he's going to call you a "white boy" or "honky" or "cracker" as if you're supposed to be ashamed of it. Does it mean you're racists? Or the other guy is racist? NOPE....it just means he specifically targeted your difference to him.

No, actually I'm not going to call someone a "black guy" if I get into an argument with someone who is black. Yes, that is racism.

THERE IS NO LARGE SCALE RACISM OR MISTREATMENT OF BLACKS IN TODAY'S SOCIETY...

You just refuse to see it. What do you think not getting callbacks means, nothing at all?

The ONLY DIFFERENCE between the resumes were the NAMES. Why, if there is no large scale racism, did whites get callbacks 300% more than blacks did?

Way to condemn someone on one thread for lying, and then turn around and lie on another thread. Props to you, sir. :clap2:

Hasn't it been your assertion in previous post that whites are largely not affected by black racism? Because according to you they are more powerful than blacks, therefore they aren't affected like blacks are affected by white racism? So it sounds as though I properly concluded what your definition of racism is, white racism towards blacks.

Forum List

Back