'White Peoples Party' forms in Nevada

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Here's a party for William Joyce...:D

Today: July 20, 2005 at 13:35:18 PDT

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - A new political group, called The White Peoples Party, whose goal is to eliminate affirmative action and other government programs that help minorities, is trying to form in Nevada.

The organization has filed with the secretary of state's office as the first step for qualifying to have candidates on the 2006 ballot.

Republican and Democratic parties "pander to the minorities," says Michael O'Sullivan, head of the party that won't allow Jews or minorities to join. He anticipates a lot of criticism, but said politicians have been catering to blacks, Hispanics, gays and other minority groups.

Allen Lichtenstein, counsel to the ACLU of Nevada, said there's nothing illegal about creating the political party - but federal and state law prohibit it from keeping out minorities and Jews.

"It is not going to fly," said Lichtenstein. "It (the political party) has to be open to all qualified voters."

To qualify as a political party, the organization must gather 7,914 signatures or 1 percent of the number of people who voted in the three congressional districts in the 2004 election. The signatures must be submitted by Aug. 11, 2006.

Directors of The White Peoples Party include O'Sullivan as chairman, Duane Vick as secretary and David Thomson as treasurer. All are from Las Vegas.

O'Sullivan is a member of the Las Vegas chapter of the National Alliance, a white separatist group that paid to have a "Stop Immigration" billboard put up in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Lichtenstein said if O'Sullivan and his group want to help the white race, "it should help the state and citizens create a multi-ethnic society and leave bigotry in the past where it belongs."

But Lichtenstein also said he would defend the right of the party to operate - providing it doesn't discriminate against non-whites and Jews as party members.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2005/jul/20/072010065.html

-Cp said:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - A new political group, called The White Peoples Party, whose goal is to eliminate affirmative action and other government programs that help minorities, is trying to form in Nevada.

The organization has filed with the secretary of state's office as the first step for qualifying to have candidates on the 2006 ballot.

Republican and Democratic parties "pander to the minorities," says Michael O'Sullivan, head of the party that won't allow Jews or minorities to join. He anticipates a lot of criticism, but said politicians have been catering to blacks, Hispanics, gays and other minority groups.

Allen Lichtenstein, counsel to the ACLU of Nevada, said there's nothing illegal about creating the political party - but federal and state law prohibit it from keeping out minorities and Jews.

"It is not going to fly," said Lichtenstein. "It (the political party) has to be open to all qualified voters."

To qualify as a political party, the organization must gather 7,914 signatures or 1 percent of the number of people who voted in the three congressional districts in the 2004 election. The signatures must be submitted by Aug. 11, 2006.

Directors of The White Peoples Party include O'Sullivan as chairman, Duane Vick as secretary and David Thomson as treasurer. All are from Las Vegas.

O'Sullivan is a member of the Las Vegas chapter of the National Alliance, a white separatist group that paid to have a "Stop Immigration" billboard put up in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Lichtenstein said if O'Sullivan and his group want to help the white race, "it should help the state and citizens create a multi-ethnic society and leave bigotry in the past where it belongs."

But Lichtenstein also said he would defend the right of the party to operate - providing it doesn't discriminate against non-whites and Jews as party members.

As if jews or minorities would even WANT to join this party !

-Cp said:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

These guys are doomed. Even IF they get the signatures, once the media gets done crucifying them, and the fact that the PC will break out in hives at the thought of joining, they don't stand much chance.

The really shitty part is that in order to make a statement, some feel that this is the only way. Don't try to talk about problems with AA or you're a racist, sexist, ist-of-the-day.

White Male Middle Class. The newest non-people in America.

-Cp said:

Our ACLU lawyer friend (Lichtenstein... hmmm... does the ACLU have a rule against GENTILES? But I digress) is probably referring to a case out of Texas where Democrats got in trouble for whites-only party rules. Their argument was that it's a party, not the government, so equal protection doesn't apply. The other side said the party is LIKE the government, so it does. Naturally, this side won.

But I'm ready to resurrect the challenge. O'Sullivan is right: The Democrats and Republicans HAVE catered to minorities. What about us? If people don't have the right to associate, they've got nothing.

however I personally would not sign this petition or join this party...and I live in Nevada... and I have not heard anything about this group...They would do better to address the problem rather than create a new one!

Are they on to something here? It looks like the Naturalization Act of 1795 claims:

"BE it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, that any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States, or any of them, on the following conditions, and not otherwise..."

The White party claims this law was never enforced....

http://www.usconstitution.com/NaturalizationActof1795.htm

-Cp said:
Are they on to something here? It looks like the Naturalization Act of 1795 claims:

"BE it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, that any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States, or any of them, on the following conditions, and not otherwise..."

The White party claims this law was never enforced....

http://www.usconstitution.com/NaturalizationActof1795.htm

Interesting read...if this draft(act) was never amended...well they have a good case...this would also seem to apply to all Islam supporters who dwell in this nation along with alot of other nationalities who have not given up their alligance to there former countries....

This being said I still would not join this party...but would support enforcing this act!( to a degree-minus the "White Only")

pegwinn said:
The really shitty part is that in order to make a statement, some feel that this is the only way. Don't try to talk about problems with AA or you're a racist, sexist, ist-of-the-day.

White Male Middle Class. The newest non-people in America.

its too hard to talk to people who want to dominate the conversation with rhetoric and insults, and no actual facts or proof of anything.

i can see their point, but i would never join something like this. i guess its kind of like starting a straight-pride parade, or whatever.

fuzzykitten99 said:
its too hard to talk to people who want to dominate the conversation with rhetoric and insults, and no actual facts or proof of anything.

i can see their point, but i would never join something like this. i guess its kind of like starting a straight-pride parade, or whatever.

nah, I can't see hanging out with whackos either. But, the fact is that if you wish to address legitimate problems with the minority backlash in America you are just labeled. I can see why people get pissed off.

pegwinn said:
nah, I can't see hanging out with whackos either. But, the fact is that if you wish to address legitimate problems with the minority backlash in America you are just labeled. I can see why people get pissed off.

I agree it's an issue, but this isn't going about addressing it the right way. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever will be addressed. Too many whites are willing to apologize for whatever out of some skewed sense of responsibility. Never mind the fact they had nothing to do with whatever transgression is being bitched about.

Forum List

Back