White people turned "white" only recently

lol, you people are something else. While Bass does come off as racist, there is nothing racist about this study. It's just an interesting bit of evolutionary science.

So, what?

Shame on everyone who points to the differences and not to commonalities.

Haven't we spent enough time on this planet fighting over skin tones? How much longer are we going to have to live in this cesspool of hate? Until we put the past into the history books and look to the future instead, we will forever be mired in the mud of our ancestors hate and ignorance. Until we look forward we'll never be able to seek our destiny and reach for the stars.

Why can't ours be the generation?

-Joe

You missed Rwanda didn't you?

lol, you people are something else. While Bass does come off as racist, there is nothing racist about this study. It's just an interesting bit of evolutionary science.

Didn't call the study racist.. I called the racist Bass racist... I simply stated 1 study does not make something fact... there are plenty of other scientific conclusions that do not agree with this study

Didn't call the study racist.. I called the racist Bass racist... I simply stated 1 study does not make something fact... there are plenty of other scientific conclusions that do not agree with this study

If so shut up and quit crying that Mr Bass is a racist and post those "other" studies that do not agree with the conclusions of this study, is that so hard to do instead of whining and making personal attacks?

And ALL whites races: Germanic, Slavic, Finne-ergric all migrated originally from the steppes of Central Asia, so what's your point?

Slavics tend to be blonder than Germanics, sure. So what?

We're ALL the same race, Charlie...the human race.

Not totally correct, the paternal ancestors of Europeans may originated ancestrally in Central Asia[eastern Europeans are paternally haplogroup R1a, western Europeans are R1b]but remember that haplogroup R originated in Central Asia *BEFORE* there were any AMH is Europe. Western Europe was repopulated from a glacial refugium in from Iberia after the Ice began to melt.

All people are of the human race and there is no superior and or inferior race(s). There is human variation though and people will tend to cluster with certain others.

The first Europeans[AMH] were tropically adapted people with strong similarities to modern day Africans in some respect and dark skin was one of the traits they retained from their African homeland, Neanderthals were cold adapted humanoids. Modern Europeans are cold adapted body proportion wise, so it makes sense that later on light eyes and depigmented skin would later evolved .

And ALL whites races: Germanic, Slavic, Finne-ergric all migrated originally from the steppes of Central Asia, so what's your point?

Slavics tend to be blonder than Germanics, sure. So what?

We're ALL the same race, Charlie...the human race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ARE MONKEYS, APES, etc. Of the Human Race?

You missed Rwanda didn't you?

No, I didn't. Just because Western 'Civilization' chose to ignore genocide as recently as the 80's and 90's doesn't mean America has to be impotent in leading the world in a different direction now... every moment leading up to this one is history.

One day humanity will look to the past and see a generation who looked to the future for guidance instead of the past and give that generation a revered place in the history books. Why not this generation? Why not us?

-Joe

Nope, the Bass doesn't want to be white, far from it. The Bass is a high-yellow black, so he is reminded of it everyday where it came from, its no secret of that. The point is that white people haven't been around for as long as they claim so depictions of pale skin cavemen with blond and hair ad blue eyes is false, just as claims that coming from a cold environment gave white people superior intelligence and genes.
I have never heard this Cold Climate gives superior intelligence thing. Where is that theory posted?

I am still trying to figure out why Asians do so much better after immigrating to the United States than any other group. There are remarkable differences in the success of different immigrant groups to the United States. My major interest in history was "mass migrations of people."

Some people when they migrate achieve tremendous success. In California, where I live, Asians have been a huge success story. My local high school has an Asian ethnicity student graduate as Validictorian almost every year. Ninty percent of the top ten students are Asian far above their representation in the student body or in the community.

I suspect the reason is cultural, but lately people have been telling me that it is genetics. I am no genticist, so I can not comment on that other than to wonder if there may be something to it.

So, I will ask the question. "Has the climate of Asia created genetic changes in the populace that has created superior intelligence in the Asians?" Perhaps it is evolution?

I am still prone to believe that the differences in success in ethnic groups is cultural.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ARE MONKEYS, APES, etc. Of the Human Race?

That's a rather silly question, don't you think?

Can monekeys and apes breed with human beings?

No?

Then no, they are not of the same species as the human race.

duh!

So, I will ask the question. "Has the climate of Asia created genetic changes in the populace that has created superior intelligence in the Asians?" Perhaps it is evolution?

It's a strong idea... colder climates meant that people had to conceive of the FUTURE in order to survive... they had to learn ABSTRACTION, problem-solving, planning, logistics, etc.

Blacks never had to learn all that because their climate meant daily food satisfaction.

Plenty of good books on this by Richard Lynn, Tatu Vanhanen, J. Philippe Rushton and others.

The "culture" argument fails when you ask yourself: how "smart" are you if your "culture" promotes complete failure, crime, etc.?

It's a strong idea... colder climates meant that people had to conceive of the FUTURE in order to survive... they had to learn ABSTRACTION, problem-solving, planning, logistics, etc.

Blacks never had to learn all that because their climate meant daily food satisfaction.

Plenty of good books on this by Richard Lynn, Tatu Vanhanen, J. Philippe Rushton and others.

The "culture" argument fails when you ask yourself: how "smart" are you if your "culture" promotes complete failure, crime, etc.?

Complete failure? Crime promoted by "their Culture? Are they losers just because they are not as adept at using the written word and can't do long division and multiplication? Or are we valuing one capacity of the human brain more than another? What if we branded all Artists as inferior because they could not work out higher math problems. What is up with the Branding anyway?

My children are of all the races on the planet and then some (numerous mixed breeds) so I could get offended by your comments. BUT, I won't, because you are entitled to your beliefs, especially if they are founded upon some facts. Let it be known though that those facts are used for the wrong purpose.

Look, I know, as do most well read people that Blacks and Hispanics (of predominantly Amerind extraction) score far lower on IQ tests than do Whites and Eastern Asians. I will not argue that point with you, because IT DOES NOT MATTER.

I could present the cultural argument, but there have been enough studies of Blacks and Hispanics raised in adoptive white families that showed that the IQ disparity remains regardless of culture. IT STILL DOES NOT MATTER.

MY conclusion has been that the IQ tests are flawed in that IQ should not be tested for. IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Aptitude for various professions should be tested for and should be blind to genetic origin. Our entire school system needs to be reformed. Children should be tested at the end of fourth or fifth grade and sent to eight years of high school that teaches them for their future professions.

Those students who do not have the aptitude to go on to college should be trained in automechanics or carpentry or pumbing or other manual labor. We should stop trying to make all students to fit into one category (College bound. We reward that too much and it should not be so.).

By doing THAT and testing for THAT and rewarding THAT in society, we put an ugly stigma on manual labor that should not be there. What should be rewarded is positive contribution to society. The contribution of a manual loborer should be valued just as much as a college professor.

We need to remove the IQ caste system in American.

I know this is radical thinking, but the prejudice can not be removed until we change our cultural values

That's a rather silly question, don't you think?

Can monekeys and apes breed with human beings?

No?

Then no, they are not of the same species as the human race.

duh!
Edi,

My father a doctor told me of an experiment conducted in Chicago years before I was born. The story has been covered up by scientists for years now, but he said it was absolutely true.

A human male caretaker impregnated a female gorilla and the baby was aborted prior to delivery and analyzed. It was thought impossible that humans and apes could interbreed until this happened. Supposedly the fact that humans and gorillas have a different number of chromosomes precluded interbreeding.

Yet, it happened and was studied. The study conducted by the University of Chicago concluded that breeding between the species could happen and that an ORC like creature that was not capable of reproduction would be born.

Same thing happens between donkeys and horses. Mules who are sterile are born. Like ORCS, they make good pack animals. The Army bred them for years because of that fact.

Last edited:

OK, you made the statement, post referances. Charlie's article was from a peer reviewed scientific journal, I expect your reply to be just as authoritative.

So, what?

Shame on everyone who points to the differences and not to commonalities.

Haven't we spent enough time on this planet fighting over skin tones? How much longer are we going to have to live in this cesspool of hate? Until we put the past into the history books and look to the future instead, we will forever be mired in the mud of our ancestors hate and ignorance. Until we look forward we'll never be able to seek our destiny and reach for the stars.

Why can't ours be the generation?

-Joe

I don't care what color anyone is, but I do find our evolution fascinating and would like to know why asians have slanted eyes, why blacks have an extra tendon in their legs, why whites are so pale.

Is it possible it's not just evolution and that there was some interaction with people from other planets in the past? Not saying it happened, just saying it's interesting to think about.

I would love to have a television that could tune into any place/time in history and I could see it as it actually happened. I do believe we can learn from our history and that the saying "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it". I think that's why we're in yet another great depression. Our income gap got to where it was during the gilded age and that led to the first great depression, now here we are again, only we don't have any way to get out of this one.

MY conclusion has been that the IQ tests are flawed in that IQ should not be tested for. IT DOES NOT MATTER.

And yet, it does matter.

Intelligence has everything to do with a person's level of success in our world. Across the globe, the smarter you (or a race, or a country) is or are, the higher the level of wealth. Not testing for it won't remove its existence any more than not measuring for height will change the fact of height -- or height difference.

The facts:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Global-Bell-Curve-Inequality-Worldwide/dp/1593680287[/ame]

As the title implies, Richard Lynn's new book builds on Herrnstein and Murray's (1994) The Bell Curve. The theme of the book is an examination of whether the same type of racial hierarchy in IQ and socio-economic status that Herrnstein and Murray documented in the US is present in other parts of the world. Herrnstein and Murray found that the average IQ for African Americans (85) is lower than for Hispanic (89), White (103), East Asian (106), and Jewish Americans (113). Lynn shows in detail that similar racial IQ/socio-economic hierarchies are present within Africa, Australia, Brazil, Britain, Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Netherlands, and New Zealand.

Throughout the world, Europeans and East Asians (Chinese, Japanese and Koreans) average the highest IQs and socio-economic positions, while the lowest averages are found among the Aborigines in Australia and in Africans and their descendants. Intermediate positions are occupied by the Amerindians, the South Asians from the Indian subcontinent, the Maori in New Zealand, and the mixed race peoples in South Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The same pattern is found on multifarious social and life history indicators such as educational levels, earnings, health, accidents, crime, marriage, fertility, and mortality.

Lynn's new book provides fascinating historical vignettes to describe all the migrations and mixing of peoples. It also provides clear tables of data, which allow the reader to check the facts for themselves. For example, in Brazil, it is the Japanese who are the highest achieving population. They were brought in as indentured labourers to work the plantations after slavery was abolished in 1888. Yet, today, the Japanese outscore Whites on IQ tests, earn more, and are over-represented in university places. Although they are less than 1% of the total population they comprise 17% of the students at the elite University of Sao Paulo.

In Caribbean countries such as Cuba, Trinidad, and Guyana, it was the Chinese and South Asians who were brought in after the end of slavery. Subsequently, they too began to do well, with the Chinese excelling and the South Asians placing intermediate to Whites and Blacks. In Britain large numbers of Blacks from Africa and the Caribbean, and South Asians from Africa, India, and Pakistan began to enter the country in the 1950s and 1960s. Twenty-two studies find Afro-Caribbeans have a median IQ of 86, which is similar to the African American mean of 85. Twelve studies find the South Asians have a median IQ of 92. In Africa and Australia too, South Asians average intermediate to Whites and Blacks in IQ scores, educational achievement, and economic success.

At the other end of the IQ distribution, seven studies of Jews in Britain yield a median IQ of 110. In educational achievement, East Asians in Britain also outperform the indigenous Whites. Similarly in Australia, East Asians (mostly Chinese and Vietnamese) average higher than Whites in IQ, educational achievement, and earnings. Lynn describes pockets of ethnic Chinese elsewhere in the world such as in Mexico, Argentina, and especially Hawaii, where they also do well. In Canada too, there is an IQ hierarchy: Jews (109), East Asians (101), Whites (100), Amerinidians (89), and Blacks (84).

The results are remarkably consistent over time, place, and situation, irrespective of the original status of the people, or the language, history, and political organization of the country concerned. --Personality and Individual Differences (48) 2008

Last edited:

Forum List

Back