White people are really confident that things are getting better for black people

Paternalism

the policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest:

Why do whites think they can speak to how things are for blacks?

White people are really confident that things are getting better for black people
By Tracy Jan

September 18, 2017

Americans, especially wealthy whites, vastly overestimate progress toward racial economic equality despite evidence of persistent gaps between black and white workers when it comes to hourly wages, annual income and household wealth, according to a new paper by Yale University researchers published Monday.

The study’s results are especially stunning in the wake of census data released last week that showed that African Americans were the only racial group still making less than they did in 2000.

The average black household made 60 percent of what white households made in 2016 and less than half of what Asians made, according to census data. For every $100 of wealth accumulated by a white family, a black family has little more than $5 -- a gap just as wide as it was 50 years ago, according to federal statistics cited by the Yale researchers.

[African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000]

Yet both black and white Americans of all income levels remain profoundly unaware of the economic inequality between the two groups, said the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The misperceptions could negatively affect public policy as the country grows more diverse, researchers said, with politicians championing misguided legislation rooted in false impressions.

“This is evidence that our beliefs about racial progress and economic equality are fairly inconsistent with reality,” said Jennifer Richeson, a Yale psychology professor who co-wrote the study. “The magnitude of the misperception is shocking, and it’s an obstacle to actually achieving the progress that everyone seems to be celebrating.”

Wait a second. Things aren’t getting better for black people? Wtf man. What is it you want us to do? You have children. You live in a ghetto. Your going to have to help educate and motivate your kid to get out.

And what are black people doing to make their communities better and why isn’t it working? I won’t speak for you. I’ve heard you blacks say it’s not as bad in your communities as we say. Then this white person repeats that and you jump down her throat and suggest things are not getting better in your communities.

This has gone on for decades. My advice is move to a good diverse community. You’ll see your life improve immediately. I know blacks who’ve moved from Detroit to metro Detroit and they love it.

Lesley jones on snl rapped about living on the east side. A real nice diverse middle to upper class part of nyc. In the rap she sang “blacks see where I live and say I forgot where I came from. I say Bitch I live here because I remember where I came from.”

Get black parents to attend teacher's conferences, sign report cards, make sure their kids stay in school... Aint no magic "wage fairy" gonna fix gaps like that in education and skills...
American Blacks have been victimized twice in the nation's history, the second time by people who claim to "care". Those who claim to "care" enable the worst behaviors by excusing those behaviors, lowering standards, and spinning and deflecting away from them.

It's not about skin color. It's human nature to under-perform when you're being smothered by the maternal impulses of others.

They deserve much, much better.

Last edited:
Get black parents to attend teacher's conferences, sign report cards, make sure their kids stay in school... Aint no magic "wage fairy" gonna fix gaps like that in education and skills...
American Blacks have been victimized twice in the nation's history, the second time by people who claim to "care". Those who claim to "care" enable the worst behaviors by excusing those behaviors, lowering standards, and spinning and deflecting away from them.

It's not about skin color. It's human nature to under-perform when you're being smothered by the maternal impulses of others.

They deserve much, much better.
I can only imagine what white people would be doing today if it weren’t for Democrats killing us.

Forum List

Back