White people and police identification

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
DNA evidence clears 2 in stabbing case | Philadelphia Daily News | 08/19/2009

All black people must look alike and or any black man will do as far as being blamed. This is even more funny:

Nattiel contended that someone in Southwest Detectives suggested to Ashley Whalen that Nelson was the man who stabbed her father. Though she was able to see only the robber's eyes, she quickly picked Nelson out of a lineup, he said.

"You have a white female crying foul" against a black suspect, and authorities will believe her, he said, warning of the weaknesses in cross-racial identification.

When asked whether police had influenced Ashley Whalen, Walker, of Southwest Detectives, later said: "Absolutely false, that wouldn't happen on our end." He said that the assigned detective was not at the lineup, that there wouldn't have been an opportunity for anyone to influence her and that such practice is not condoned.

Walker said that Nelson and Tobert had been arrested after witnesses in the store - not the father or daughter - picked their photos from a police imaging machine.

"The people were credible people in the community," Walker said. "They had no contacts with police. In their minds, they believed these were the right two people responsible [for the robbery and stabbing]."

Once DNA results came in, he said, police linked the crime to the two other men through a police computer database.

How could these credible people identify the so called "criminals" yet DNA evidence exonerates these men? Who exactly did they see, the living ghosts of these men? LMAO, they just thought that any ****** will do because its easy to blame ******* and all ******* are criminals or crime prone, right?

That's one explanation. There are others.

From what I've seen of identification parades (line-ups) in the States - and I have only seen videos, not actually been there for one - they could be open to abuse by police in influencing the witness. I'm not suggesting that happens, just pointing out that if the procedure isn't really tight then the chance of influence, even unintentional, exists.

The other point is this. Eyewitnesses are crap. It's not their fault, we're all humans. Human memory isn't about recall (unless individuals have eidetic memories and some do), it's about reconstruction. Experiment from the 1930s to now have repeatedly confirmed that people reconstruct events, they don't remember them in the sense of a reproduction of events. All sorts of personal experience influences reconstruction, including cultural backgrounds - again that has been repeatedly proven.

So, eyewitnesses are crap. They're useful for a lead but if you want a good case then you will get other evidence.

Excellent post diuretic. I took a criminal justice course in college and the professor had a random student from the auditorium come up and stab the teacher with a pair of scissors and then run off. 100 witnesses and no one could identify the weapon. We all gave conflicting descriptions of the perp. It was very interesting.

Did I read that story right Charlie?

Did the lady identify the man by only his eyes then the police went forward based off that?

That's some weak sauce for the police if its true.

I dont think that race is the issue here, i think the issue is the willingness of the police officers to find a "fall guy" to fit a crime....this could happen to anyone and I'd be pissed if i got pulled into an investigation becuase someone said "those look like his eyes"

I do have a visible scar near my eye so maybe i'm an acception to that :rofl:

Forum List

Back