‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains

Seems she was trying to make a point about segregation and its impact

Looks like she succeeded

Seems she was trying to make an ass of herself

Looks like she succeeded
will, forgive me old friend, but I think it was brilliant. A reminder to today's young Americans what students faced in 'olden days' that is now forgotten by the post-60s generations. This idea got a lot of folks shorts in a wad, but there was a time when, even if we didn't like it, we accepted that separation as customary. Maybe it's not so bad an idea to remember that. It wasn't that long ago. At any rate, it sure started a conversation, didn't it, and that can't be bad.

Should we renew other Jim Crow laws, and all it an example of art?

Have bus drivers send blacks to the back of the bus?

Separate eating areas for blacks and whites?

Would that do anything but increase racial tensions?

If I want to see how things were back when, I'll visit Amish areas.
This was a shock project at a school, for Pete's sake. And the students of any race wouldn't put up with it, either thru anger or shock, which I see as a good thing. You and I have no need to learn either the humiliation or the superiority of separation, we lived it. Our memory of it is something we'd like to forget. But it can't hurt to remind our future that they stand on the shoulders of giants that fought that battle for them, more than for themselves.

This was a shock project at a school,

makes it no more palatable than it was when I saw it in early teens.

Liberals who think they know what art is, yet don't know what the definition of is....... is.....

-Geaux
Liberals know what the law is, unlike you and most others on the right; and liberals understand and respect the right to free expression enshrined in the First Amendment – again, unlike you and most others on the right.
I'm just so amused to see what side of this you're on.

Forum List

Back