‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains

You know what's sad? Halfway through the post....I was reading and thinking "bullshit. Some liberal hung them up to stage some outrage and get attention". Just like MOST hate crimes and racist acts....staged.

And then the article.says just that.

Maybe Obama will invite her to the White House with her "cool signs".
It was an ART PROJECT dumb shit. Art is supposed to make a person think and yes they are often controversial. Do you really think the student wanted to segregate water fountains again? What a fuckin moron you must be.
Art project signs stir up controversy at University of Buffalo

OOOOOOHHH.....so if a white kid at the University of Mississippi hangs nooses from all the trees this morning....then later calls it "art"...it's ok??? Oh that's different huh?
Threatening to hang blacks isn`t quite the same as segregated drinking fountains. You think? Ever? Ashley Powell is indeed an undergraduate and has the support of her professor. How about your mythical noose hanger?
Letter to the editor: UB student sends statement to The Spectrum about 'White Only' and 'Black Only' signs - The Spectrum

Art?

No more than Christ in Piss, or the Virgin Mary in Elephant Dung was art.

Merely done to piss someone, or some group, off.

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Cries of racism broke out across the campus of the University of Buffalo this week when students found Jim Crow-esque signs in a building on campus.

Someone had posted “White Only” and “Black Only” signs near several bathrooms and water fountains in Clemens Hall.

“It brought up feelings of the past of a past that our generation has never seen which I think is why it was so shocking for us to see,” Micah Oliver, president for the Black Student Union, tells ABC 27.

More than 100 students turned out to a Black Student Union meeting to discuss the signs.

“There was fear expressed, anger, disappointment – all of that,” according to Oliver.

And then, Ashley Powell, a black graduate student, stood up in the meeting to admit she had hung the signs, claiming it was part of an “art project,” The Buffalo News reports.

Students were reportedly “outraged” and “walked out” of the meeting. Other students denounced Powell’s project as “racist” and “an act of terrorism.”

Black student admits hanging ‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains
Anything to create anger and distrust.
Art?.....No....Hatred. Hatred for societal peace and harmony.
Some people especially left wingers cannot stand it when there is calm. They seek to cause trouble. They are never satisfied unless there is some sort of conflict.
Wake up people. There are those among us who want nothing more than to have us at each others throats.
I`ll just assume that you racist goons have no knowledge of our past.
You know what's sad? Halfway through the post....I was reading and thinking "bullshit. Some liberal hung them up to stage some outrage and get attention". Just like MOST hate crimes and racist acts....staged.

It was an ART PROJECT dumb shit. Art is supposed to make a person think and yes they are often controversial. Do you really think the student wanted to segregate water fountains again? What a fuckin moron you must be.

OOOOOOHHH.....so if a white kid at the University of Mississippi hangs nooses from all the trees this morning....then later calls it "art"...it's ok??? Oh that's different huh?
Threatening to hang blacks isn`t quite the same as segregated drinking fountains. You think? Ever? Ashley Powell is indeed an undergraduate and has the support of her professor. How about your mythical noose hanger?
Letter to the editor: UB student sends statement to The Spectrum about 'White Only' and 'Black Only' signs - The Spectrum

Art?

Art is often controversial. As an "art professor" I thought you would`ve known that. Perhaps you`re not an art professor and your just another miserable cracker on USMB.

This is what Democrats called art back in the day

-Geaux

3c26560_150px.jpg

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Cries of racism broke out across the campus of the University of Buffalo this week when students found Jim Crow-esque signs in a building on campus.

Someone had posted “White Only” and “Black Only” signs near several bathrooms and water fountains in Clemens Hall.

“It brought up feelings of the past of a past that our generation has never seen which I think is why it was so shocking for us to see,” Micah Oliver, president for the Black Student Union, tells ABC 27.

More than 100 students turned out to a Black Student Union meeting to discuss the signs.

“There was fear expressed, anger, disappointment – all of that,” according to Oliver.

And then, Ashley Powell, a black graduate student, stood up in the meeting to admit she had hung the signs, claiming it was part of an “art project,” The Buffalo News reports.

Students were reportedly “outraged” and “walked out” of the meeting. Other students denounced Powell’s project as “racist” and “an act of terrorism.”

Black student admits hanging ‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains
Some people especially left wingers cannot stand it when there is calm. They seek to cause trouble. They are never satisfied unless there is some sort of conflict.
Wake up people. There are those among us who want nothing more than to have us at each others throats.

Art?

Art is often controversial. As an "art professor" I thought you would`ve known that. Perhaps you`re not an art professor and your just another miserable cracker on USMB.
Who's past?....Take your self hating guilt and cram it up your ass.

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

Art?

Yup, make it racist.

White person does it, racially motivated.
Black person does it, art project.

Perhaps you`re not an art professor and your just another miserable cracker on USMB.

Nope, not an art professor.

Need to be an art professor to be able to figure out this, and my other mentions, are solely to inflame?

Cracker?

Only in the mind of racists.

the double standard here is the thing.

Any outrage those on the right may feel about these signs is manufactured. That's a fact, but you morons on the left who pretend like you wouldn't be outraged if a white person had done exactly the same thing, are disgusting.

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

Art?

Who's past?....Take your self hating guilt and cram it up your ass.
Now you`re having gay thoughts about me? No thanks.

Lets face it.......blacks have enjoyed a double standard in this country for decades now. A majority of whites are sick as shit of the black victimhood crap!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: BS like in Ferguson and Baltimore only reinforces that sentiment so its all good!!

Threatening to hang blacks isn`t quite the same as segregated drinking fountains. You think? Ever?
What's worse, shooting someone in the foot, or shooting someone in the head? The head is worse, right? So using your logic, you wouldn't care if I shot you in the foot? You think? Ever?

Anyone with a shred of a brain should have known that if you saw this at any American university today, that it's obviously meant as some sort of experiment or statement or some sort of display meant to create a scene.

Seems she was trying to make a point about segregation and its impact

Looks like she succeeded

Last edited:
Liberals who think they know what art is, yet don't know what the definition of is....... is.....

-Geaux
Liberals know what the law is, unlike you and most others on the right; and liberals understand and respect the right to free expression enshrined in the First Amendment – again, unlike you and most others on the right.

Liberals who think they know what art is, yet don't know what the definition of is....... is.....

-Geaux
Liberals know what the law is, unlike you and most others on the right; and liberals understand and respect the right to free expression enshrined in the First Amendment – again, unlike you and most others on the right.

and, as stated earlier,

If a white student had done it, the left would have wanted him hung.

-Geaux

and, as stated earlier,

And you would have laughed, manufactured faux rage all around.

-Geaux

and, as stated earlier,

And you would have laughed, manufactured faux rage all around.

I don't always laugh at childish antics, especially those that are meant to hurt.

and that's what I consider this..

a mean spirited, childish, act.

Looks like she succeeded

Seems she was trying to make an ass of herself

Looks like she succeeded
will, forgive me old friend, but I think it was brilliant. A reminder to today's young Americans what students faced in 'olden days' that is now forgotten by the post-60s generations. This idea got a lot of folks shorts in a wad, but there was a time when, even if we didn't like it, we accepted that separation as customary. Maybe it's not so bad an idea to remember that. It wasn't that long ago. At any rate, it sure started a conversation, didn't it, and that can't be bad.

Looks like she succeeded

Looks like she succeeded
will, forgive me old friend, but I think it was brilliant. A reminder to today's young Americans what students faced in 'olden days' that is now forgotten by the post-60s generations. This idea got a lot of folks shorts in a wad, but there was a time when, even if we didn't like it, we accepted that separation as customary. Maybe it's not so bad an idea to remember that. It wasn't that long ago. At any rate, it sure started a conversation, didn't it, and that can't be bad.

Should we renew other Jim Crow laws, and all it an example of art?

Have bus drivers send blacks to the back of the bus?

Separate eating areas for blacks and whites?

Would that do anything but increase racial tensions?

If I want to see how things were back when, I'll visit Amish areas.

Looks like she succeeded

Looks like she succeeded

Should we renew other Jim Crow laws, and all it an example of art?

Have bus drivers send blacks to the back of the bus?

Separate eating areas for blacks and whites?

Would that do anything but increase racial tensions?

If I want to see how things were back when, I'll visit Amish areas.
This was a shock project at a school, for Pete's sake. And the students of any race wouldn't put up with it, either thru anger or shock, which I see as a good thing. You and I have no need to learn either the humiliation or the superiority of separation, we lived it. Our memory of it is something we'd like to forget. But it can't hurt to remind our future that they stand on the shoulders of giants that fought that battle for them, more than for themselves.

Forum List

Back