‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Cries of racism broke out across the campus of the University of Buffalo this week when students found Jim Crow-esque signs in a building on campus.

Someone had posted “White Only” and “Black Only” signs near several bathrooms and water fountains in Clemens Hall.

“It brought up feelings of the past of a past that our generation has never seen which I think is why it was so shocking for us to see,” Micah Oliver, president for the Black Student Union, tells ABC 27.

More than 100 students turned out to a Black Student Union meeting to discuss the signs.

“There was fear expressed, anger, disappointment – all of that,” according to Oliver.

And then, Ashley Powell, a black graduate student, stood up in the meeting to admit she had hung the signs, claiming it was part of an “art project,” The Buffalo News reports.

Students were reportedly “outraged” and “walked out” of the meeting. Other students denounced Powell’s project as “racist” and “an act of terrorism.”

Black student admits hanging ‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Cries of racism broke out across the campus of the University of Buffalo this week when students found Jim Crow-esque signs in a building on campus.

Someone had posted “White Only” and “Black Only” signs near several bathrooms and water fountains in Clemens Hall.

“It brought up feelings of the past of a past that our generation has never seen which I think is why it was so shocking for us to see,” Micah Oliver, president for the Black Student Union, tells ABC 27.

More than 100 students turned out to a Black Student Union meeting to discuss the signs.

“There was fear expressed, anger, disappointment – all of that,” according to Oliver.

And then, Ashley Powell, a black graduate student, stood up in the meeting to admit she had hung the signs, claiming it was part of an “art project,” The Buffalo News reports.

Students were reportedly “outraged” and “walked out” of the meeting. Other students denounced Powell’s project as “racist” and “an act of terrorism.”

Black student admits hanging ‘White Only,’ ‘Black Only’ signs near school bathrooms, water fountains
I called it! An art project. I'd give her "D", but an "A" if the other signs said "Colored".

Last edited:
Hell, sue her ass for a civil rights violation... Segregation has been illegal since the 1960s!!!!

"She should be suspended"

Nonsense.

This is a state university, and that would be a potential First Amendment violation – not that you and most on the right care about that, of course.

If a white student had done it, you would have wanted him hung

Nonsense.

This is a state university, and that would be a potential First Amendment violation – not that you and most on the right care about that, of course.

Oh also, you fail stupid, New York has laws against such signs. Do those laws violate free speech?

Oh BTW , credit to jillian who pointed those laws out to me, I didn't realize that was illegal in NY until she did so, here you can post signs, but if a black (or whatever ) came in and you didn't serve them, that's illegal.

You know what's sad? Halfway through the post....I was reading and thinking "bullshit. Some liberal hung them up to stage some outrage and get attention". Just like MOST hate crimes and racist acts....staged.

And then the article.says just that.

Maybe Obama will invite her to the White House with her "cool signs".

You know what's sad? Halfway through the post....I was reading and thinking "bullshit. Some liberal hung them up to stage some outrage and get attention". Just like MOST hate crimes and racist acts....staged.

It was an ART PROJECT dumb shit. Art is supposed to make a person think and yes they are often controversial. Do you really think the student wanted to segregate water fountains again? What a fuckin moron you must be.
Art project signs stir up controversy at University of Buffalo

It was an ART PROJECT dumb shit. Art is supposed to make a person think and yes they are often controversial. Do you really think the student wanted to segregate water fountains again? What a fuckin moron you must be.

If that had been a white student, the college would have been burned and looted. You know this as well as everyone else.

The double standards have to stop man. They have to..

Don't even bother responding to me if you're going to deny what we all know is the truth.

OOOOOOHHH.....so if a white kid at the University of Mississippi hangs nooses from all the trees this morning....then later calls it "art"...it's ok??? Oh that's different huh?

My guess is the dumb bitch wanted to be part of a victimhood situation. She....like all liberals....doesn't feel like she truly belongs until she has felt racial oppression. So she staged it. Then....felt guilty and actually had a conscience and admitted to it but called it "art" to stay out of trouble.

When a white kid at the University of Georgia decides to hang black mannequins from trees....then calls it art....or marches to class in a KKK outfit flying a rebel flag.....I'll be sure to watch for the liberals defending him saying "NO its not racist...it's ART".

OOOOOOHHH.....so if a white kid at the University of Mississippi hangs nooses from all the trees this morning....then later calls it "art"...it's ok??? Oh that's different huh?
Threatening to hang blacks isn`t quite the same as segregated drinking fountains. You think? Ever? Ashley Powell is indeed an undergraduate and has the support of her professor. How about your mythical noose hanger?
Letter to the editor: UB student sends statement to The Spectrum about 'White Only' and 'Black Only' signs - The Spectrum

She should be suspended

-Geaux

---------------

Anything to create anger and distrust.
Art?.....No....Hatred. Hatred for societal peace and harmony.
Some people especially left wingers cannot stand it when there is calm. They seek to cause trouble. They are never satisfied unless there is some sort of conflict.
Wake up people. There are those among us who want nothing more than to have us at each others throats.

Nonsense.

Blow it out of your ass.
If the person who did this were Caucasian, they would have been expelled and possibly charged with a hate crime.
The fucking hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.
The student should be kicked out of school
Don't bother to respond. This is not a discussion.

Bullshit.. This is not art. It was a successful attempt to stir up trouble....

The fact that you have found it necessary to use insults indicates you are on the defensive. You know damned well your position is in the wrong.

Threatening to hang blacks isn`t quite the same as segregated drinking fountains. You think? Ever? Ashley Powell is indeed an undergraduate and has the support of her professor. How about your mythical noose hanger?
Letter to the editor: UB student sends statement to The Spectrum about 'White Only' and 'Black Only' signs - The Spectrum
NO sir...according to your side, ANYTHING can be referred to as "art"....You will not be permitted to use double standards here.
You created it, You own it. You live it.

"That's different".....This is the credo by which liberals live. It is how they make the rules for everyone else while allowing themselves to live by no rules at all.

Liberals who think they know what art is, yet don't know what the definition of is....... is.....

-Geaux

Forum List

Back