White Lives Matter To Be Listed As Hate Group

57c3e3081700000011c76153.jpg

“We are listing them because they are clearly white supremacists.”

White Lives Matter will soon be listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

SPLC said the status will be reflected in the next update of its “Hate Map,” which tracks the activities of hate groups around the country.

“I can’t speak to how many chapters will be listed, but it’s clear that the leadership of the group, the ends of the group ― it’s just a flat-out white supremacist group,” Heidi Beirich, director of the center’s Intelligence Report, told the Houston Chronicle. “The ideology behind it, the racist leaders, everything about it is racist.”

White Lives Matter made headlines earlier this month when the group sent armed protesters to an NAACP office in Houston, where they waved Confederate flags.

“We are listing them because they are clearly white supremacists,” Beirich told VICE News. “Their motto should be ‘only white lives matter.’”

Although some called for Black Lives Matter to be listed as a hate group after the shooting deaths of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, that organization doesn’t hold supremacist or separatist views and its leaders have condemned violence.

More: White Lives Matter To Be Listed As Hate Group

I agree with SPLC that White Lives Matter should be listed as a hate group based on their racist actions and rhetoric.
The Southern poverty Law Center is a racist group, Washington Redskin.
And just like black lives matter is a racist group it's one racist group calling another one racist... Lol

Sometimes showing mercy involves letting someone get by with something that if addressed as it needs to be can prevent something worse down the road.

Mercy is a tough call. It's easy to know whether to give mercy or not if you know the person, but yeah, sometimes mercy is a mistake.

Petty theft is an easy example? How many young offenders, even those less than 18, later became adult criminals. In a national study that tracked over 400,000 released prisoner, over 75% were back in prison within 5 years of their release. That was after having done time. Your answer is to "put the fear of God" in them. How. By talking to them? If time in prison and the conditions they deal with there isn't enough, a talking to isn't going to get the job done.

The rate of recidivism has more to do with the consequences of jail time than the jail time. Once you go to prison for a felony, that follows you around forever. It makes it hard to get work. It makes it hard to get credit or find a place to live. There's a decent amount of research out there to show that what leads a person back to prison is the combination of the fact that life inside doesn't prepare you for life outside and once you do get out, your options to be a part of society are crippled. That's fundamentally unfair. If you pay your debt to society that should be it. It shouldn't follow you around the rest of your life.

"for being 18 and stupid". 18 is an ADULT. 18 is an age at which people can vote. The problem is we don't want to hold people capable of making the choice of who makes the laws in the country accountable for the crimes they commit then wonder why they continue to commit crimes.

If people follow the law, they don't have to worry about who is around. The problem is when they don't, their anger stems from someone telling them they broke the law.
Most folks end up falling afoul of the law on minor stuff that snowballs. A traffic ticket you can't pay that leads to a warrant because you couldn't come up with the cash in time. An outstanding warrant that leads to some time in county jail that leads to a lost job. A bill you can't pay that leads to a desperate stupid decision that leads to a felony that leads to jail time that leads to the inability to vote or find a job. That leads you back to jail for another desperate decision that will lead to worse decisions later. On top of that, the cost of fighting jail time leaves you and possibly your family bankrupt meaning you have even less options once your debt to society is paid. A little mercy goes a long way to heading all this off.

If the community sees themselves as the enemies of the police, then they ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE POLICE.
How you get to that point matters a lot. Some of these communities are experiencing the kind of aggressive policing most of us never experience. The broken windows theory (Broken windows theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is pretty controversial and it advocates a kind of aggressive policing that can get pretty oppressive. If I get a warning about a busted tail light chances are I'll come out of it understanding the officer is warning me for my safety. If the officer writes me a ticket, part of me wonders if I've just been given a shake down. If everyone I know is getting written tickets it feels less like policing and more like robbery.

I'd also add: It's tougher to demonize a cop when your kids play with his kids, when you pass his house as you drive to work, when you go to church with him, etc. It's also easier for a cop to tell the difference between a person that made a mistake and deserves a warning and a habitual offender that deserves to get put away if he knows the community.

That aggressive policing saved a lot of lives in NYC.

If the locals hate having their lives saved, that leads me to the conclusion the problem is something with them.

If the community sees themselves as the enemies of the police, then they ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE POLICE.
How you get to that point matters a lot. Some of these communities are experiencing the kind of aggressive policing most of us never experience. The broken windows theory (Broken windows theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is pretty controversial and it advocates a kind of aggressive policing that can get pretty oppressive. If I get a warning about a busted tail light chances are I'll come out of it understanding the officer is warning me for my safety. If the officer writes me a ticket, part of me wonders if I've just been given a shake down. If everyone I know is getting written tickets it feels less like policing and more like robbery.

I'd also add: It's tougher to demonize a cop when your kids play with his kids, when you pass his house as you drive to work, when you go to church with him, etc. It's also easier for a cop to tell the difference between a person that made a mistake and deserves a warning and a habitual offender that deserves to get put away if he knows the community.

If the locals hate having their lives saved, that leads me to the conclusion the problem is something with them.
Aggressive policing has it's place. I'd argue Chicago needs MORE aggressive policing. But the Broken Windows theory isn't for every community. Try enforcing it in a community with low levels of violent crime and the police end up looking like they're shaking down the community.

Sometimes showing mercy involves letting someone get by with something that if addressed as it needs to be can prevent something worse down the road.

Mercy is a tough call. It's easy to know whether to give mercy or not if you know the person, but yeah, sometimes mercy is a mistake.

Petty theft is an easy example? How many young offenders, even those less than 18, later became adult criminals. In a national study that tracked over 400,000 released prisoner, over 75% were back in prison within 5 years of their release. That was after having done time. Your answer is to "put the fear of God" in them. How. By talking to them? If time in prison and the conditions they deal with there isn't enough, a talking to isn't going to get the job done.

The rate of recidivism has more to do with the consequences of jail time than the jail time. Once you go to prison for a felony, that follows you around forever. It makes it hard to get work. It makes it hard to get credit or find a place to live. There's a decent amount of research out there to show that what leads a person back to prison is the combination of the fact that life inside doesn't prepare you for life outside and once you do get out, your options to be a part of society are crippled. That's fundamentally unfair. If you pay your debt to society that should be it. It shouldn't follow you around the rest of your life.

"for being 18 and stupid". 18 is an ADULT. 18 is an age at which people can vote. The problem is we don't want to hold people capable of making the choice of who makes the laws in the country accountable for the crimes they commit then wonder why they continue to commit crimes.

If people follow the law, they don't have to worry about who is around. The problem is when they don't, their anger stems from someone telling them they broke the law.
Most folks end up falling afoul of the law on minor stuff that snowballs. A traffic ticket you can't pay that leads to a warrant because you couldn't come up with the cash in time. An outstanding warrant that leads to some time in county jail that leads to a lost job. A bill you can't pay that leads to a desperate stupid decision that leads to a felony that leads to jail time that leads to the inability to vote or find a job. That leads you back to jail for another desperate decision that will lead to worse decisions later. On top of that, the cost of fighting jail time leaves you and possibly your family bankrupt meaning you have even less options once your debt to society is paid. A little mercy goes a long way to heading all this off.

There's an easy solution to everything you say. Don't commit felonies. Take care of the little things and the big things tend to take care of themselves. The unpaid traffic ticket can't snowball if the one that did something to get it fulfills their responsibility of paying for that mistake. Being unable to pay isn't an excuse because justice isn't based on ability to pay but what one did. Everything you said goes back the individual and their choices.

I quite often watch a TV show called "Beyond Scared Straight". It follow young offenders, many of whom have been arrested and shown mercy, into a educational and deterrent type program designed to show them what life in prison is all about. Many on the show are of age where they can be tried as adults. By letting them go through the program, they are being shown mercy. I don't have numbers but from observation of watching many shows, I've found that a larger portion go right back to the same things they were doing prior to the visit. A little mercy when other things should happen can produce bad results. One episode last night had a 16 year old visiting the jail. A summary of each of them on the visit is given at the end of the show. This individual, because he continued his gang banging ended up getting shot and killed at age 17. Seems the mercy produced a bad result.

BLM runs the streets chanting they want dead cops, and they're a movement.

WLM displays a Confederate flag and they are a hate group.

Aggressive policing has it's place. I'd argue Chicago needs MORE aggressive policing. But the Broken Windows theory isn't for every community. Try enforcing it in a community with low levels of violent crime and the police end up looking like they're shaking down the community.

Aggressive policing in a community with low level violent crime isn't NEEDED. However, there are situations where it's needed and things aren't done the way they need to be done producing worsening results.

In my neighborhood not long after I moved there, a group of teenagers that didn't live in the neighborhood decided riding through and throwing eggs on cars was funny. They were caught. While they may not think it's funny, it can ruin paint if left on a car long enough. It did to mine because my family was out of town and the egg was left on for several days. Should mercy have been shown then? I say no. It was intentional, malicious, and it damaged property.

Communities with low levels of violent crime are

1. Unlikely to view the police as enemies.

2. Unlikely to have aggressive policing enacted.

Forum List

Back